Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Florida just REOPENED,
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 65
| visibility 1

Florida just REOPENED,

Sep 25, 2020, 1:47 PM

https://www.orlandosentinel.com/politics/os-ne-desantis-florida-reopens-20200925-f3sr4wk5tncvvkhwr6ua4pereq-story.html

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Florida just REOPENED,

Sep 25, 2020, 1:59 PM

Hope other states follow suit. Sick of these slave muzzle bull ####.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2020, 2:00 PM

this not these

Sep 25, 2020, 3:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Florida just REOPENED, ]

It will be interesting to see if the entire nation just opens and goes back to complete normal for Christmas shopping.

Sep 29, 2020, 4:41 PM

Yeah I have a feeling you will see the southeast states follow suit shortly. I think you are correct that a lot will be determined by the holidays. We will see...

Sep 27, 2020, 11:37 AM [ in reply to Re: Florida just REOPENED, ]

Whitehurst,

That's funny, because if anyone could really use a muzzle, it's you.

And comparing a few health precautions to slavery, that's funny, too.

That's just great.

Sep 25, 2020, 2:07 PM

Now I-95 is going to be jam packed with those snowbirds heading south.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Florida had been struggling to gain ground on CA and TX in

Sep 25, 2020, 2:11 PM

the race for most cases. This should take care of that nicely.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

How many died in New York in nursing homes ?

Sep 25, 2020, 2:20 PM

Asking for a friend.

Michigan, California, New Jersey and Pennsylvania too.

Re: How many died in New York in nursing homes ?

Sep 30, 2020, 7:11 PM

Yes sir

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cases just means people with traces of virus in them.

Sep 25, 2020, 2:29 PM [ in reply to Florida had been struggling to gain ground on CA and TX in ]

Studies on PCR test confirmed that already.

Who cares about cases?

Hospitalizations and Deaths are the meaningful metric.

Covid is only lingering because of bad government decisions. Sweden is done with it.

Well, FL is gaining on CA and TX (and NJ) in deaths as well

Sep 25, 2020, 2:36 PM

but still a long way to go with catching up with NY.

As an aside: I'm FOR opening things up and letting people make their own decisions...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, FL is gaining on CA and TX (and NJ) in deaths as well

Sep 25, 2020, 2:39 PM

Testing positive is not sick

Sep 26, 2020, 9:03 AM [ in reply to Well, FL is gaining on CA and TX (and NJ) in deaths as well ]

people in the age groups of 0 to 19 have a 99.997% chance of survival if they contract COVID-19, the age group of 20 to 49 a 99.98% chance, 50 to 69 years old 99.5% and 70 years old and above a 94.6% chance.

Re: Cases just means people with traces of virus in them.

Sep 27, 2020, 11:43 AM [ in reply to Cases just means people with traces of virus in them. ]

Solid,

I agree that hospitalizations and deaths are a more significant measure (although infections should still be kept track of)

OTOH, I think you Sweden reference should be updated

Big questions remain, however, about the Swedish approach, which has been bitterly contested by some within and outside Sweden. While polls show most Swedes back it, critics have accused Tegnell and Sweden’s public health agency of stubbornly ignoring both scientific evidence and some WHO recommendations.

In May, the country recorded the most Covid-19 deaths per capita in Europe. Its toll per million inhabitants remains 10 times higher than that of Norway and Finland, although lower than Spain and Italy.

Nearly half Sweden’s 5,878 deaths occurred in care homes, leading to angry accusations that the country had failed to protect its most vulnerable – in effect, sacrificing the elderly so as not to overwhelm intensive care beds. The government has admitted to serious failings in the care sector.

While there are now signs the number of new infections is rising again and authorities have said new restrictions in Stockholm are possible,

Within the last week, Sweden's excess mortality is NEGATIVE

Sep 30, 2020, 6:52 PM

and significantly less than the rest of Europe and the US. Their deaths are absolutely NOT ticking upward. They continue to fall, well below their normal, regular mortality rate from years previous.

https://ourworldindata.org/excess-mortality-covid

Re: Cases just means people with traces of virus in them.

Sep 30, 2020, 7:30 AM [ in reply to Cases just means people with traces of virus in them. ]

Sweden is not done with it. Their strategy didn’t work nearly as well as Norway. If you want to see a country that is done with it, look at Thailand.

You are flatout wrong. They are done with it. (link)

Sep 30, 2020, 6:54 PM

Their excess mortality is actually NEGATIVE this week and less than Norway. They goofed up and didn't protect the elderly (like NY) but all that did was bring about deaths a few months earlier.

https://ourworldindata.org/excess-mortality-covid

Hey - does that mean a packed house for FSU/Miami ?!***

Sep 25, 2020, 2:12 PM

Sep 25, 2020, 2:13 PM

finally a governor with nuts

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 25, 2020, 2:18 PM

If you want confirmation something is a terrible idea, look no further than the ideas deroberts heartily approves of.

Get over yourself you midwit bootlicker.***

Sep 25, 2020, 2:20 PM

This made me lol . . . . .***

Sep 25, 2020, 2:23 PM [ in reply to Re: Florida just REOPENED, ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Sep 25, 2020, 8:02 PM [ in reply to Re: Florida just REOPENED, ]

quozzel, I’ve always enjoyed your posts about football. As for your posts related to COVID it leads me to believe you have skid marks on the front of your underwear.

Clemson doesn't care about basketball....as evidenced by Brown-L getting 14 years.

Sep 25, 2020, 11:39 PM

And I think anybody still dismissing COVID in the face of what 99% of the doctors in the world are saying is a pureblind fool.

No, I will grant you - COVID is not the Black Death. It is not smallpox. It is not one of those end-of-civilization type bugs that pops up every few centuries and wreaks havoc on the species. Those are what the CDC refers to as "Biohazard Level 4"...basically, run. Go live on a mountaintop for a few years. And when you come back down you may have some zombies to deal with.

But COVID is a fairly solid - not marginal, like SARS was - Biohazard Level 3...and that is an entirely different order of bug than the flu bugs, colds, and minor infections that are 2 or below...and even level-2 influenza bugs kill 20,000 annually in the USA.

This thing has already killed 200K in the USA and may kill as many as half a million by the time it's done...and people want to act like it's nothing? Sorry, that's just...ridiculous. We only lost 50,000 people in the entire Vietnam War. We've lost four times that in less than eight months to COVID.

And yet we keep hearing this tired refrain from some still insisting that it's no big deal. I dunno. What is a big deal again? Because 200K dead and still rolling seems pretty effin' big to me.

Sep 26, 2020, 7:23 AM

Because there are reports that a lot of those people are dying with the disease and not from it.

Sep 26, 2020, 9:00 AM

https://theconversation.com/up-to-204-691-extra-deaths-in-the-us-so-far-in-this-pandemic-year-143139

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I know a sheep when I see one.

Sep 26, 2020, 8:33 AM [ in reply to Re: Florida just REOPENED, ]

Those numbers have been revised and there are no where near 200000 deaths From Covid. It's more like 10% of that, which is bad enough but not worth shutting down a country.

Sep 26, 2020, 11:52 AM

Bull.

Sep 27, 2020, 4:48 PM [ in reply to Re: I know a sheep when I see one. ]

That is simply wrong. Back in July, I posted that there were something like 140k more deaths in 2020 than there were at that same point in 2019. I haven't looked at the data since, but I'm sure it is up around 200k now.
You can (incorrectly) debate death certificate coding, but dead is dead. If Covid didnt kill those people, something did. Search for my previous posts and you will see a link to the data.

Stop repeating bull crap you hear without verifying. Sheep, indeed. I would be embarrassed if I were you.

Re: One thing is certain, you could never be me.

Sep 29, 2020, 6:00 PM

I actually research for myself and don't follow the latest MSM talking points. Actual Covid deaths are much less than the number previously attributed. The baby that died of Covid actually was born with his intestines outside of his body, Gastroschisis which is in itself deadly. One man who died in a motorcycle accident was listed in that 200000 covid deaths because, OMG he had covid. The latest numbers prove that anyone 50 years old or under has a 99.98% recovery rate. That is unless you have heart disease, Pneumonia or other underlying conditions.
It will be made public that certain Governors mandated that patients with covid be placed back into retirement homes where most of the deaths occurred. They will face charges. Masks don't help at all, look it up.

Sep 29, 2020, 4:45 PM [ in reply to Re: Florida just REOPENED, ]

No this virus has not killed 200,000 people in the US. The fact is it is less than 12,000 people have died from just COVID 19. The rest of the deaths had an average of 2.6 underlying causes that contributed to the death as well. I also think around 85% of these deaths were 65 years old or older. Someone correct me if I am wrong here.

Anyone who says "99% of doctors" is either a liar or

Sep 30, 2020, 6:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Florida just REOPENED, ]

a complete dumb@$$.

It is not that dangerous. CDC confirms it. You can try and pretend to have all this esoteric horsecrap knowledge about meaningless garbage.... but in terms of hospitalization and deaths.... we are doing fine. It was a scare for a while... and now we have insane fear-mongering and politicized public health.

Anything FL ever does is bad***

Sep 26, 2020, 8:00 AM [ in reply to Re: Florida just REOPENED, ]

Re: Anything FL ever does is bad***

Sep 26, 2020, 9:07 AM

If you ever needed proof of media political bias, the coverage of this virus is exhibit ‘A‘. It is amazing to watch the difference in how states/governors have been covered with almost no regard for actual results.

Sep 25, 2020, 3:13 PM [ in reply to Re: Florida just REOPENED, ]

In all seriousness, Florida has been a great model for how to handle this thing from the beginning. ‘Following the science’ gets thrown around a lot these days- often by those who aren’t actually looking at the science. Florida used science, common sense, and competent organization to craft affective policy. Desantis did a great job finding the balance of protecting the vulnerable while not destroying their economy in the process. All the while, doing so in a heavily populated state with significant disproportionately elderly population.

Sep 25, 2020, 9:55 PM

Meanwhile here in NC Comrade Cooper has decreed that it is better for businesses to go belly up and people to be broke than to concede to that corrupt capitalism stiff. We were at Phase 2, "oh so phase 3 Da Commisar?"
"Haha NYET Comrades, allow me to show you phase 2.5!" SMH.. Seeing a lot of closed doors here in ENC. Run Forrest Run!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2020, 11:44 AM [ in reply to Re: Florida just REOPENED, ]

deroberts,

Finally who IS nuts. FTFY

Re: Florida just REOPENED, Helloooo ventilators!***

Sep 25, 2020, 2:17 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Florida just REOPENED, Helloooo ventilators!***

Sep 25, 2020, 3:28 PM

There's plenty of ventillators in NY and NJ. If needed, they can be used in FL. DeSantis didnt take the Cuomo and Murphy's philosophy to just send the COVID infected to the nusring homes so they would all die before the ventillators were needed.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm worried that by allowing people basic freedom to make

Sep 25, 2020, 2:19 PM

choices about their own health that people will die in droves from a virus that is harmless to the vast majority of people on Earth.

I think that's the issue...

Sep 25, 2020, 2:32 PM

their choices don't only affect only their own health.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Yeah they do. People who are scared/vulnerable can stay home

Sep 25, 2020, 2:36 PM

Forcing 90% of the world to stop their lives for what exactly?

Mortality rate is the same or less in places that never locked down.

We already have enough evidence that shows that point you made is not based on reality.

Immunocompromised people have always existed.

Ok.***

Sep 27, 2020, 7:00 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

Re: Yeah they do. People who are scared/vulnerable can stay home

Sep 27, 2020, 11:46 AM [ in reply to Yeah they do. People who are scared/vulnerable can stay home ]

Solid,

As I pointed out above your evidence is suspect and your conclusions are even more so.

You simply blurting that out doesn't make it so.

Sep 30, 2020, 7:00 PM

https://www.tigernet.com/forum/message/Within-the-last-week-Swedens-excess-mortality-is-NEGATIVE-27868679

I disagee. If I'm careful - I'm unlikely to catch it from

Sep 25, 2020, 2:40 PM [ in reply to I think that's the issue... ]

someone who isn't careful.

Funny how the idea of individual liberty is so easy to

Sep 25, 2020, 2:42 PM

remove for some people.

Re: Funny how the idea of individual liberty is so easy to

Sep 25, 2020, 5:53 PM

I have to disagree. There is no individual liberty to endanger others.

Get caught speeding 75 miles an hour past an elementary school, and explain individual liberty to the cop that's putting on your handcuffs. :)

This is why the decline in critical thinking is a disaster.

Sep 29, 2020, 4:39 PM

It's NOT THAT DEADLY. There are plenty of NORMAL things that are far deadlier for over 90% of people. People have no sense of scale or relative priorities any more. For Children and people under 40, the regular flu actually is just as deadly or, for children, DEADLIER. If you can justify allowing the government to suspend constitutional rights for Covid-19.... then you could have done it EVERY YEAR for the entire history of the country. Look at the facts according to the CDC. You are being completely irrational.

And we are "allowed" to do actually dangerous things (that absolutely endanger others) all the time. Getting in a car runs a bigger statistical risk of killing another person than going into a store without a mask. Are you seriously arguing that everything that endangers others is illegal? Do you not see on your own how insane that is?

It’s not about you...

Sep 27, 2020, 7:07 AM [ in reply to I disagee. If I'm careful - I'm unlikely to catch it from ]

It’s about the well being of all. Right or wrong, that’s the motivation behind the restrictions.

That's horrifically naive and irrational.***

Sep 30, 2020, 7:01 PM

Re: I think that's the issue...

Sep 25, 2020, 5:04 PM [ in reply to I think that's the issue... ]

But there still their choices.

Sep 25, 2020, 2:30 PM

Sep 25, 2020, 2:39 PM

Good for them. That Governor might be the next president after President Trump's term is over in 2025. God Bless America!

Sep 25, 2020, 2:57 PM

Hopefully intelligent Americans will not allow that to happen!

I can’t imagine a person with a brain not abiding by the simple rules of masks and social distancing.

It is scary that America is blessed with those who think of nothing but themselves

Oh the irony is so intense....

Sep 25, 2020, 3:34 PM

"I can’t imagine a person with a brain not abiding by the simple rules..."

How useful you people are.

Sep 25, 2020, 4:40 PM [ in reply to Re: Florida just REOPENED, ]

Rules aren't laws.

Sep 29, 2020, 5:05 PM [ in reply to Re: Florida just REOPENED, ]

Riddle me this batman. If it is so deadly then why do you just have to wear a mask into a restaurant then once you sit down you can take it off? Are you less likely to get it because you are sitting down vs walking? No. Also it is ok for hundreds of people to riot and protest without masks or social distancing but regular people who want to go to church and worship can't because it is too risky. Lastly a gay bath house in San Fran was deemed essential to the economy but going to church was banned. Don't give me this crap about people only thinking about themselves. This "pandemic" is a global experiment to see how far people can be pushed and controlled. If you can't see the forest then I can't help your weak little sheepish mind. If you are scared to death then stay home and sip your soy latte while you pray that a plane doesn't crash into your house because you have more of a chance of that happening than dying from this virus.

Look up 1) FL 7 day moving avg. COVID-19 deaths and ...

Sep 25, 2020, 4:50 PM

2) DeSantis FL most recent approval rating.

The actual survival rates is why they're reopening

Sep 26, 2020, 9:02 AM

People in the age groups of 0 to 19 have a 99.997% chance of survival if they contract COVID-19, the age group of 20 to 49 a 99.98% chance, 50 to 69 years old 99.5% and 70 years old and above a 94.6% chance.

Re: The actual survival rates is why they're reopening

Sep 26, 2020, 9:15 AM

Truth... unfortunately most of the population has a very loose understanding of basic statistics, and the media and government at all levels have done an abysmal job explaining to the public what these numbers mean.

Sep 25, 2020, 5:47 PM

Yep, averaging approx. 3000 new cases per day

Total cases
+2,541 -yesterday
Recovered
-
Deaths
+177 - yesterday

its the perfect time to get some more people killed. Desantis is a hyper-partisan.

And a nut.

Sep 25, 2020, 6:29 PM

Incorrect

22 million population with aging New Yorkers retiring there,

Sep 26, 2020, 9:09 AM [ in reply to Re: Florida just REOPENED, ]

The number taken from the CDC website shows there's no reason for the fearmongering going on.

People in the age groups of 0 to 19 have a 99.997% chance of survival if they contract COVID-19, the age group of 20 to 49 a 99.98% chance, 50 to 69 years old 99.5% and 70 years old and above a 94.6% chance.

Bet it must smell a little musty...***

Sep 25, 2020, 7:26 PM

Replies: 65
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic