Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Game of Thrones. Season 8 episode 2
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 470

Game of Thrones. Season 8 episode 2

Apr 21, 2019, 10:06 PM

Other than the last 10 minutes, that episode was kind of weak. Hopefully the last 4 will be great. They had to build it up I guess. Any other nerds have any thoughts?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Seeing Arya kinda nekked felt...

Apr 21, 2019, 10:09 PM

Kinda weird....

I liked the episode. Just wondering who’s gonna survive. I need another season :( I’m not ready!!!

Re: Seeing Arya kinda nekked felt...

Apr 21, 2019, 10:13 PM

Yeah it will suck when over. Supposedly they are going to make a prequel. I can't imagine it being great though.

Podrick’s song may have brought a tear to the eye

Apr 21, 2019, 11:22 PM

Then Florence + the Machine singing it over the credits was a perfect song for this episode.

I thought it started off a bit slow, but definitely got better at the end.

https://youtu.be/eTa1jHk1Lxc

“To See a World in a Grain of Sand
And a Heaven in a Wild Flower,
Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand
And Eternity in an hour.” WB

The last four episodes have confirmed running times of

Apr 22, 2019, 12:09 AM

60, 78, 80 and 80 minutes, so we're going to have some longer episodes. The first 2 didn't even hit 60 minutes.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The last four episodes have confirmed running times of

Apr 22, 2019, 12:14 AM

That's good news.

E3 is confirmed to be 82 minutes.***

Apr 22, 2019, 8:53 AM [ in reply to The last four episodes have confirmed running times of ]

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg2006_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought it was better than ep 1.

Apr 22, 2019, 9:03 AM

That first episode just felt so rushed... there was some huge moment every 10 minutes or so, and none of them gave you enough context.

Episode 2 at least let us have a little Tyrion banter. Speaking of Tyrion---my bet is that he is the one who's going to (eventually) kill Cersei.

Not that I've ever been right about this show, but here's my dead pool for episode 3:
* Jaime
* Brienne
* Missandei
* Tormund
* Beric
* Jorah
* One more dragon

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I thought it was better than ep 1.

Apr 22, 2019, 10:22 AM

I like that list. I could see that. Here is a question. Are there any dragons left when the series ends?

Apr 22, 2019, 12:55 PM [ in reply to I thought it was better than ep 1. ]

That first episode just felt so rushed... there was some huge moment every 10 minutes or so, and none of them gave you enough context.

Episode 2 at least let us have a little Tyrion banter. Speaking of Tyrion---my bet is that he is the one who's going to (eventually) kill Cersei.

Not that I've ever been right about this show, but here's my dead pool for episode 3:
* Jaime
* Brienne
* Missandei
* Tormund
* Beric
* Jorah
* One more dragon

There was a Ep 3 leak out...Some of those names on there dies...most don't and there are some that die that aren't on your list

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

I guess on the bright side,

Apr 22, 2019, 1:18 PM

I could still be right in the book version, if George RR Martin doesn't keel over, first.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 22, 2019, 2:05 PM [ in reply to Re: I thought it was better than ep 1. ]

Does it ruin it all for you knowing who dies in Ep3? I am trying to decide if I want to look it up.

Is this the final season of GoT?

Apr 22, 2019, 10:17 AM

I guess once it's over somebody can tell me if it's worth watching. It's based off books, so I guess there is a cohesiveness to it.

But if I binge watch it to have the show Dexter itself, I will be supremely disappointed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Re: Is this the final season of GoT?

Apr 22, 2019, 10:26 AM

It's awesome. I was worried too and I watched all 7 seasons in 5 days last year and I was hooked. It's great. This last season id odd because it's not based on exact books, because the original author never got the final book or books done in time. This last season he had input, but it's not from a book as far as what happens.

Need more killing, less sitting around singing ### Ba Yah.***

Apr 22, 2019, 10:23 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Need more killing, less sitting around singing ### Ba Yah.***

Apr 22, 2019, 10:28 AM

I guess we have 80 minutes of that next week. I think they had to build up all of the characters for some death next week.

Thought it was a good episode.

Apr 22, 2019, 3:33 PM

It was one last chance for all these characters to interact and remind us of everything they've gone through to get to where they are before many of them die. Thought it set the "emotional table" for the fight episodes to come.

I do wonder, though, with all the talking about what comes after the war with the white walkers, how much of this season is going to be devoted to the politics after the war ends? I always assumed much of this season was going to be just the war part, but maybe that was way off and that part gets wrapped up with in this next episode? I feel like you could make a whole other season about what comes after the war concludes, so I am worried they're going to stuff a lot of story into the last 3 or so episodes.

Or, maybe everyone dies so there won't be any politics to deal with...

I haven;t watched but I still keep up with the recaps

Apr 22, 2019, 3:53 PM

too much other stuff to do. However, unless the winner of the throne ends up being the only one left alive, there will have to be at least one episode of political maneuvering and infighting, right?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, that's what I'm worried about.

Apr 22, 2019, 4:17 PM

Even if the episode is longer, that's still the equivalent of all 7 of the shows seasons crammed into ONE episode. It'll have to be really simplistic or fast moving to leave a satisfying conclusion and that's usually very hard to pull off.

That's why I figure the 'war' part is going to end in this next episode or two which will leave at least two episodes to finish the 'after war' part. But that's just a guess and one based on pure speculation that is most likely completely wrong. :)

Replies: 18
| visibility 470
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic