Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
TNET: FSU suspends two players for throwing punches during Clemson game
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 41
| visibility 1

TNET: FSU suspends two players for throwing punches during Clemson game

Oct 29, 2018, 2:07 PM

FSU suspends two players for throwing punches during Clemson game

It was just an ugly and embarrassing home loss for the Seminoles on Saturday afternoon. The winning score of 59-10 by Clemson didn't even summarize the utter br Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: TNET: FSU suspends two players for throwing punches during Clemson game

Oct 29, 2018, 2:11 PM

This was a great game played by Clemson with extreme class. I like that FSU is trying to improve their image by suspending players who acted as juveniles by throwing punches during the game.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2018, 2:14 PM

So, if they bench the ones who threw punches and the ones who quit, who's gonna play against the wolfies?

They need to quit recruiting these kinds of bums***

Oct 29, 2018, 2:16 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: FSU suspends two players for throwing punches during Clemson game ]

Oct 29, 2018, 9:58 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: FSU suspends two players for throwing punches during Clemson game ]

FSU has much to work on next week and for the rest of the year. It will take some major effort by players and coaches to change the culture established by Bobby Bowden and Jimbo Fisher.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow - a whole 1/2 game - that sends a CLEAR message***

Oct 29, 2018, 2:11 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Brad Brownell: Only Larry freaking Shyatt has a WORSE overall winning percentage among Clemson basketball coaches since 1975. Let that sink in. It's Larry Shyatt & then Brad Brownell.

Yeah, suspended for an entire half? SMH***

Oct 29, 2018, 2:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah, suspended for an entire half? SMH***

Oct 29, 2018, 2:15 PM

THUG U

Well, Jimbo would have bought them dinner.

Oct 29, 2018, 5:23 PM [ in reply to Wow - a whole 1/2 game - that sends a CLEAR message*** ]

Props to Willie for doing SOMETHING.

"Dabo crushed my soul." --- Classof09

Re: Well, Jimbo would have bought them dinner.

Oct 29, 2018, 10:32 PM

At least crab legs

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Well, Jimbo would have bought them dinner.

Oct 30, 2018, 7:49 PM [ in reply to Well, Jimbo would have bought them dinner. ]

I see what you did there.??

Re: Wow - a whole 1/2 game - that sends a CLEAR message***

Oct 29, 2018, 10:11 PM [ in reply to Wow - a whole 1/2 game - that sends a CLEAR message*** ]

I thought they were suspended anyway by NCAA rules????

Re: Wow - a whole 1/2 game - that sends a CLEAR message***

Oct 29, 2018, 10:13 PM

think that is just for the targeting calls

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Players, coaches... They all have the same line post Clemson game...

Oct 29, 2018, 2:21 PM

"Never again." ... Bentley, Meyer, Taggert come to mind... I'm sure the list is much longer.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2018, 2:24 PM

This is a big change and improvement from both Bobby B and Jimbo. Neither would have suspended the players and would have handled it "internally".

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2018, 2:33 PM

This ^^^^^^^

And you can add Bobby Bowden to that list .

Oct 29, 2018, 2:46 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: FSU suspends two players for throwing punches during Clemson game ]

Absolutely correct. Even though its only half a game, it's way beyond what Bowden or Jimbo would have done. Gives me some respect for Taggert. Jameis Winston would have never stayed on Dabo's Squad, Heisman or National Title be ######.

Oct 29, 2018, 5:31 PM

jcallen13 said:

Absolutely correct. Even though its only half a game, it's way beyond what Bowden or Jimbo would have done. Gives me some respect for Taggert. Jameis Winston would have never stayed on Dabo's Squad, Heisman or National Title be ######.

You are totally nuts, respect?? Give me a break--- at the minimum, they need to apologize and be suspended for a game. Akers needs to be in that group. This team is out of control.JMO

Oct 29, 2018, 4:23 PM [ in reply to Re: TNET: FSU suspends two players for throwing punches during Clemson game ]

Does the ACC not suspend players for throwing punches?

That's not enough.

Oct 29, 2018, 2:36 PM

If he's going to straighten out that mess they call a football team he should talk to Charlie Strong. Texas didn't go from the cellar to the top of the Big 12 because they hired a better coach to take over after firing Strong.

Strong cleaned the program of bad attitudes and the divas Mack Brown recruited. He threw 20+ players off the team and changed the entire character of Texas football returning it to a traditional power which has players who take personal responsibility and are held accountable to their team mates, the university and the fans.

If willie things this is the end of FSU's problems he's dumb as a rock.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That's not enough.

Oct 29, 2018, 3:47 PM

Yeah, how'd that work out for Charlie? Yom Herman sends thanks.

My point is that a coach has to be somewhat pragmatic even as he teaches the right principles. These immature athletes have a very short attention span. They will either learn the lesson quickly or not at all.

I also think he cannot make the penalty more flagrant than one half because he cannot trust the rest of his players not to get themselves suspended out of some thuggish solidarity. He must support his players with good behavior by giving them a chance to win. If he becomes more about discipline and less about winning, than he is guilty of quitting on his team. You use football to teach character, but you must also give your deserving players a chance to win. The punitive never outweighs the positive.

If they can somehow pull together enough to win 2 more games and become bowl eligible, they will have achieved something great. This should be a starting point for the turnaround.

Oct 29, 2018, 5:35 PM

Rw43 said:

My point is that a coach has to be somewhat pragmatic even as he teaches the right principles. These immature athletes have a very short attention span. They will either learn the lesson quickly or not at all.

I also think he cannot make the penalty more flagrant than one half because he cannot trust the rest of his players not to get themselves suspended out of some thuggish solidarity. He must support his players with good behavior by giving them a chance to win. If he becomes more about discipline and less about winning, than he is guilty of quitting on his team. You use football to teach character, but you must also give your deserving players a chance to win. The punitive never outweighs the positive.

If they can somehow pull together enough to win 2 more games and become bowl eligible, they will have achieved something great. This should be a starting point for the turnaround.

Oct 29, 2018, 3:47 PM [ in reply to That's not enough. ]

Wasn't at least one ejected for it?

Oct 29, 2018, 2:55 PM

That's an automatic half suspension isn't it.

GO TIGERS!!

Re: Wasn't at least one ejected for it?

Oct 29, 2018, 3:12 PM

No, another player was ejected for targeting.

I think they had three players ejected...

Oct 29, 2018, 3:18 PM

one for targeting and two for throwing punches.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: I think they had three players ejected...

Oct 29, 2018, 3:31 PM

The entire team would have been better off had they gone upstairs to the guy who was reading. At least they might have learned something.

That's what I thought too.

Oct 29, 2018, 3:34 PM [ in reply to I think they had three players ejected... ]

That means that the half suspension doesn't have anything to do with FSU with them happening in the second half.

GO TIGERS!!

Half of a game? Yeah he's changing the culture quickly with

Oct 29, 2018, 3:57 PM

that hammer!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 29, 2018, 4:05 PM

I was actually encouraged when I read the headline that two players had been suspended. I thought that maybe just maybe there was hope for the FSU program. That is...until I read the article and saw that it was for half a game - Geez. Just more of the same ol' BS from Tallahassee.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So the question is

Oct 29, 2018, 4:23 PM

Will Dabo suspend Mark Fields? Mark clearly took a swing a Murrray during the game. He didn’t get penalized during the game for it for whatever reason.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So the question is

Oct 29, 2018, 8:04 PM

No, he is allowed to defend himself and be broke contact after the ref came over and then the FSU player threw a second punch after that.

Oct 29, 2018, 4:28 PM

“Never...again”.
Again

Walk softly and carry HALF a big stick

Oct 29, 2018, 4:45 PM

nice slap on the wrist

Oct 29, 2018, 5:02 PM

As a team, FSU had no class or heart before Taggart got there. He is saying the right things; I hope he cleans it up. He has quite a job ahead of him.

Oct 29, 2018, 5:50 PM

It seems to me that we want Taggert and all of the coaches of these marginal ACC programs to up their game... so that when we beat them, it helps our strength of schedule whatevertheheckitscalled. Also, with a team that transitions from thuggish to one where the players buy in to a high standard of conduct, maybe their fans will take more pride in how they, as fans, represent their team as well. That would make away games more pleasant for us Tiger fans and then we can go back to hating UNCheat for being snooty.

Typical FSU thug performance. It's been their culture for

Oct 29, 2018, 5:53 PM

years. So, the program endorses it and/or looks the other way.

Oct 29, 2018, 7:29 PM

I remember very well the 90's so if FSU is looking for sympathy they won't find it her..don't care if they win another game ever....

What a statement!

Oct 29, 2018, 7:33 PM

Suspended for a half! LOL

Re: Tag

Oct 29, 2018, 7:43 PM

is going to have to eat this problem one bite at a time. I think the thug, corrupt, win at all cost attitude they had for 40 years will not be changed in one year. I do think he wants to change it for the better.

Comprehend...ok?

Oct 29, 2018, 7:47 PM

They're suspended for a half, meaning they're not eligible to play. The second half, they're eligible, but who's to say they'll play. Their replacements may have taken over.

There's a lot of perfection running about this place. Get over yourselves...let the man do his job.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tag

Oct 30, 2018, 8:04 PM [ in reply to Re: Tag ]

I concur 100% except I think the only ones willing to 'win at all costs' were the coaches. Some of the players didn't care about winning at all except as a means of expressing themselves, which was their real focus.

It had gotten so bad the last few years that the bad apple players had forgotten that winning is the goal. They were becoming more and more irresponsible towards their teammates who really wanted to win, because the coaches had stopped holding the bad apples accountable.

When there is no discipline, the good kids are being disrespected. In any situation. I think Tags understands that.

Replies: 41
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic