Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Have any of you ever met a smart coot?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

Have any of you ever met a smart coot?

Sep 17, 2018, 7:40 PM

Yeah, me neither.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No

Sep 17, 2018, 7:41 PM

Jhop83® is the only coot I know.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: No

Sep 17, 2018, 9:19 PM

Jhop83® is the only coot I know.

I dunno she ain't got nothing on Jessy89......

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just came to read the comments ...***

Sep 17, 2018, 7:45 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Re: Have any of you ever met a smart coot?

Sep 17, 2018, 7:49 PM

Smart coot = Oxy-moran

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2018, 7:51 PM

That’s like asking if anyone has ever beat Bigfoot at Hide and go seek .

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only a lawyer who represented me in an EPA/DHEC issue.

Sep 17, 2018, 7:53 PM

The DHEC guy came into my containment at City Hall in G'ville back in the 1990s. They scraped up a tiny bit of dust off an exhaust hose and bagged it as evidence. I was going for office supplies at the time and my onsite foreman told me all about it when I returned.

SCDHEC represents the EPA in SC so we filed to have a hearing about the 12 grand fine they levied and met for the hearing in Cootlumbia. My boss, the exeVP of our company hired the coot and we all met on the day of the hearing. Previously, I didn't know the guy's name or anything else about him.

When they asked the first question I took the lead and the lawyer turned me loose. I continued to respond in language above the heads of both the EPA and DEHC agents. I asked a few very specific questions about the material samples the DHEC guy collected and the EPA guy offered a settlement less than 10% of the original fine. My boss, the dumbasz, jumped on the offer.

I had plenty more ammo to discharge and everyone could tell on the lawyer's face he wanted me to continue. He was a smart guy who knew he was over his head and had the good sense to keep his stupid face shut and let me handle the heavy lifting. He was smart enough to shut his stupid coot mouth. I think we can all agree that's a big step for a coot.

So yeah, I know one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Only a lawyer who represented me in an EPA/DHEC issue.

Sep 17, 2018, 8:42 PM

Todd " Pyramid Scheme " Ellis is a Sakerlina law school graduate .

There's really nothing else that need be said .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Sep 17, 2018, 7:54 PM

I think it's illegal to use those two words together if I'm not mistaken.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, plenty of smart-azz ones!***

Sep 17, 2018, 7:54 PM

Sep 17, 2018, 8:06 PM

As always, TU's to all who respond

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2018, 8:25 PM

Is that a real question or a trick question ? Asking for Frances Marion.

Sep 17, 2018, 8:28 PM

Same as a jumbo shrimp.

Yes, he became a Tiger Fan***

Sep 17, 2018, 8:29 PM

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Actually yes. Only know a few well, and they are folks that

Sep 17, 2018, 8:30 PM

I work with and most are engineers. Pretty practical for the most part, but do lean to the overly-optimistic side. Definitely not the "behind the portjohn" crowd.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2018, 8:36 PM

I have. I met him a few years ago and we stay in touch on facebook. One of the smartest guys I know. I never asked him why he went to USCjr.

"smart coots", assuming there ever were any--have gone the

Sep 17, 2018, 8:39 PM

way of the Carolina Parakeet (which I think was their original mascot) EXTINCT!:

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Carolina_parakeet

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 17, 2018, 8:57 PM

yes many, some of you need to understand that many doctors and lawyers finish degrees at ucs, does not make them fans, just taking only opportunity for that degree in SC schools

Well ifn dey ant

Sep 17, 2018, 9:29 PM

fans dey ant coots

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

monter le cheval de fer
A coot will usually blink when hit in the head with a ball-peen hammer

Re: Well ifn dey ant

Sep 17, 2018, 9:30 PM

^^^This^^^

Sep 17, 2018, 9:32 PM

There are several apparently. I saw a thread on here earlier that linked an FGF post where they used the Pythagorean theorem to back their “football” team into the SEC title game.

That takes some real thinking.

Sep 17, 2018, 10:09 PM

No but maybe. 2 stories.

1. My brother in law is from the upstate. He's a coot through and through. He was probably turned a coot as many are, by being rejected by Clemson. He's actually a decent student. He went to the Citadel got a Civil Engineering degree and got his PHD at NC State. The Citadel isn't a strong academic institution (that's putting it nicely) but a CE degree and PHD is no joke I suppose. The problem though? First of all he married my sister (you don't want pigs) and second after all that schoolin it would take him about 8 stacks of lumber to build a dog house. He could measure 8 times on each cut and it would still take him 3-4 cuts to make the right one. He has no sense just stubbornness getting him through life.

2. A guy on my hall freshman year was born and raised coot. He was actually pretty smart but also didn't have much sense. After Freshman year he decided to transfer to USCjr (while sticking with Engineering, a MUCH lesser program compared to Clemson's engineering) so he could be closer to his GF. After a few months he admitted that the smartest person he met at USCjr was dumber than the dumbest person he met at Clemson. I guess he still had a little sense huh?

Bottom line is that even the smarter ones are probably only smart about half the time at best.

I thought I did once, but the sucker took off across

Sep 17, 2018, 10:21 PM

Brushy Creek Road in Powdersville and got hit by an 18 wheeler.

Sep 17, 2018, 10:29 PM

Perhaps two. One graduated with me in high school. He graduated third in our class. He wanted to go to MIT and he had one of the highest SATs in the area at that time. I remember he told us the MIT recruiter said the school was biased against southerners and USuC gave him so many scholarships it was hard for him to turn down. The second was my roommate. You heard right. Was a coot fan from a coot family and went to all of their football games. He was an engineer undergrad at the time and felt Clemson offered a better program.

Sep 17, 2018, 10:49 PM

Darla Moore, she’s smart.

My roommate at App St. was a coot, he was smart enough

Sep 17, 2018, 11:11 PM

NOT to go to SCU. Does that count?

His family had season tickets and we went down for a Clemson/Scar game but weren't able to get tickets. So we stayed at the tailgate spot, drank a few cold ones and listened to it on the radio. Lucky for him, he didn't have to witness 63-17 that night.

A smart coot?

Sep 17, 2018, 11:19 PM

WUZZAT???????

Sep 18, 2018, 12:36 AM

In my lifetime i feel that i have known 3. All got grad degrees from the Medical school.

1. My dentist, now deceased. 4 lovely daughters, one was my JH GF. When she found out i followed the Tigers and not the Cluckers, that relationship was short-lived. Apparently the only reason i met her approval before was because she thought i could be trained to be a hypocritical elitist in true coattails fashion. Dad sure was sharp though.

2. Eye doctor friend. Great guy, sang in church choir, played ball and exchanged lots of barbs together. As a Tiger fan, mine could usually have more basis in fact. Now works for Greenville Health Systems and is surrounded by orange. If he's as smart as i think, he'll come over.

3. My daughter. Doctor of PT. Could only get the degree she wanted from that place after attending 3 different schools for her BS. Unfortunately she married a guy who is typical Clucker--thinks he's way smarter than he is, doesn't care that he is condemning my wonderful child to a lifetime of miserable family gatherings at Thanksgiving. I want her to be happy in her marriage, so i keep my mouth shut while we win. I just ask for another piece of pie for every TD we score. Lately they all say that's unhealthy. I tell them to play defense better and I'll live longer.

She loved the grad school program and bought into the passion of supporting an SEC school (her hubby grew up a Gamecock fan in the heart of GA and thinks he's smarter than his cousins, how stupid is that) but she hates the classless undergraduate student body; says they're the stupidest of all the schools she's attended but are clueless.

All other Gamecocks I've ever met were more deluded than smart, so whatever intelligence they had went to waste. But I'm quite fond of the ones i mentioned.

Sep 18, 2018, 12:51 AM

My sister is really intelligent. She so s art she never tells anyone she went to South Carolina.

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic