Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Swimming pools and dry patches on skin
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 460

Swimming pools and dry patches on skin

Nov 19, 2020, 10:59 AM

I was getting some patches on my legs and such. Flaky and dry, but not really itchy.

I got in the swimming pool for about 5 hours total over the weekend and the patches are all but gone.

Any chemical people in here who know how to replicate this without having a swimming pool?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Drink chlorine***

Nov 19, 2020, 11:00 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Yeah, it's really not too hard. Do you have a bath tub?

Nov 19, 2020, 11:04 AM

Basically all you have to do is fill the tub up with water, get in and start drinking beer. As you urinate into the bath water, you'll recreate almost the exact water chemistry of a pool.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I call BS

Nov 19, 2020, 11:15 AM

Pools closed a few months ago.

Was it a salt water pool? If so it was probably the salt. Take lakebum's advice but also dump a 5 gallon bucket of morton's iodized salt in the tub.

I can BET YOU that the pools in Florida

Nov 19, 2020, 11:30 AM

aren't closed right now.

I haven't confirmed this, but I going to assume that asking

Nov 19, 2020, 11:17 AM

little kids to pee directly on you would be frowned upon in some prudish circles.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

When I was a younger man, I had poison ivy real bad all over my arms.

Nov 19, 2020, 11:26 AM

Somebody told me to put a little bleach on it. It was a disgusting poison ivy rash. The scaly, oozing, non stop itching kind. I stepped over the tub and emptied an entire bottle of bleach on to both of my arms. It felt amazing! Itch went away almost immediately. But about an hour later, my skin started burning and getting red and even more blistered. I decided to go to the doctor the next day because the itch had become unbearable and seemed to still be spreading. (I wasn’t going to pour bleach on all the spots that I had poison ivy.) He looked at the rash on my arms. And said it was the worst he’d ever seen. I told him what I had done and he told me that he thought smelled bleach. Told me that I had some pretty gnarly chemical burns. He gave me a shot of steroids and some pills to take. Told me it wasn’t very smart to pour bleach on my body. I already knew that at that point though. But the soothe that the bleach brought me, was kind of like the first high on crack. I still remember how good it felt. And I can’t deny that if I ever had it again, I’d probably use bleach. But this time I’d water it down, wipe it on, and rinse it off very well. Chasing that bleach dragon.

Replies: 6
| visibility 460
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic