Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
#1 Reason you should root for Auburn
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 11
| visibility 1

#1 Reason you should root for Auburn

Jan 3, 2014, 8:41 AM

I don't want them to get blasted tonight but still trying to figure how them winning actually helps us. Do you really want another banner down there at Dork Campbell Stadium? They will be preseason top 3 either way next year and probably number 1 even with a loss. Yeah I want some respect for the conference but not at the hands of our biggest conference nemesis. So what if Auburn and the SEC get another one. Last night proved that anyone can play with them. We beat Georgia & LSU, Louisville dominated Florida last year.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's my understanding that if FSU wins Clemson

Jan 3, 2014, 8:42 AM

also gets a crystal ball trophy to put in our trophy case. At least that's the way it's worked in Columbia. That's why I'm pulling for them

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Our recruiting pitch

Jan 3, 2014, 8:43 AM

Come to the ACC to win a championship.

Alabama winning NCs didn't hurt Auburn's recruiting. It helped it.

You WANT the team in your division to win it all.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Yeah i can see that a little bit

Jan 3, 2014, 8:45 AM

It's just so hard to pull for them

You can still hate them.

Jan 3, 2014, 8:47 AM

It's like exercising.

It sucks while you're doing it but the end result is worth it.

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Nice analogy.***

Jan 3, 2014, 8:48 AM

Auburn's recruiting was helped more by ....

Jan 3, 2014, 8:48 AM [ in reply to Our recruiting pitch ]

all the money Auburn boosters were paying parents in order to get their kids to sign with Auburn.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Re: Our recruiting pitch

Jan 3, 2014, 8:54 AM [ in reply to Our recruiting pitch ]

Come to the ACC and play for the National Champion.
How about that for a recruiting pitch.And FSU will play it for all it's worth.
Bama's winning the NC did nothing for Auburn's recruitng,Missouri's,LSU or even the coots ,and FSU
winning the title will do nothing for Clemson because FSU
will use your slogan,along with Winstons Heisman to sell their program over Clemson.
As much as I dislike Auburn,and the SEC,them winning the NC means squat after this year.

P.S. The only team in our division,or our conference I want to win it all is Clemson.

I have rooted against FSU all year

Jan 3, 2014, 8:44 AM

and I'm not about to start doing the tomahawk chop now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

The SEC championship streak has to be stopped at any cost

Jan 3, 2014, 8:46 AM

even with Bama losing, Auburn winning puts the SEC back on top.

And it needs to be more than one year. It will take multiple non-SEC championships to shut up the media love for the SEC. I will pull for any team at any time to beat any SEC school. We did not want this conference "love" or branding, but it is here and it has to be dealt with. Beat them every chance we can.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, we didn't create the system

Jan 3, 2014, 8:48 AM

But the system has forced our hand. It is now against OUR interest to root against our own conference.

Well I think

Jan 3, 2014, 8:54 AM

Gus Malzahn is a nice guy and all , but there is just no doubt in my mind that FreeShoesU is about to thump them heinously ...they are good enough to expect a high score , but most of it will belong to the Noles.
I just will not be drawn into the "conference" debate...think it's stupid

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

Replies: 11
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic