Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Yeah but you libs say he is guilty, enough facts to impeach
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 13
| visibility 609

Yeah but you libs say he is guilty, enough facts to impeach

Oct 16, 2019, 7:03 PM

So why dont you support an immediate vote? Answer below VVVVV

Cause you aint really sure and you dont want to be exiled to ampitheatre.....

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah but you libs say he is guilty, enough facts to impeach

Oct 16, 2019, 7:43 PM

Assuredly not a lib - just a member of the peanut gallery heckling both sides at the moment - but I would think this one's obvious.

Impeachment not a court of law.

If this was a court of law, this would be pretty open-and-shut. The Very Stable Genius already confessed. Twice. Once with that transcript summary he inexplicably thought would clear him, and once out of his own mouth...and then he goes and doubles down and tells China to investigate Biden as well just for good measure.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1Q67tAUiMg

That's, uhm, kind of hard to explain away. He'd be on his way to the Cross-Bar Hilton after about thirty seconds of deliberation in any other trial, were Trump not the president.

So it's just as well it's not a court of law. Instead it's going to the House, and then to the Senate. Where it will be debated and decided upon. By politicians. After much bickering, posturing, mugging for the camera, and self-promotion by all involved. Where it will undoubtedly then be found that all of the Democrats proclaim him guilty, and all of the Republicans (minus maybe Mitt Romney and maybe Susan Collins) will proclaim him innocent. Votes will be counted, and Trump will almost without question be impeached in the House but not convicted in the Senate.

So...again. This is not a criminal trial, with hard procedures and rules that are set in stone. It's politics...and even where the law is pretty clear, Trump doesn't care jack what the law is anyhow; isn't that what his supporters like about him? Like - he's claiming non-existent "Executive Privilege" over every scrap of paper and witness in the White House and now the State Department, giving the House a double-bird and a great big Eff You, and daring them to do something about it.

Trump knows full well the Dems don't the votes in the GOP-controlled Senate no matter how flagrantly he flouts the law.

Of course, stuff can happen, too. The economy could tank. Trump could step in it even deeper - which he seems to be trying to do every day, with this whole Syria thing. So peeving off key Republicans is maybe not the wisest course of action for Trump, right now. Because if things start going, as the English say, all pear-shaped (I still have no idea what that saying really means), then lifeboat politics could ensue and the GOP Senators might decide that an obedient Pence toting the party line is much preferable to an erratic Trump who really isn't anything resembling an actual Republican anyhow in terms of ideology.

So the Dems are going to drag things out a bit and see if something favorable to them develops. Why not? If they take it to a straight vote now we all know exactly how it goes. And because it's politics and not an actual courtroom, it'll take exactly as long as the leadership in each chamber decides it's gonna take.

I doubt the Dems successfully get him, not with McConnell waiting to run interference in the Senate. It'd take something pretty durn substantial to tip the Senate vote against him and I don't think things are nearly there yet.

Oct 16, 2019, 8:35 PM

They’re not going to wait to see if something useful to their case develops. They’re going to fabricate it behind closed doors, in secret, just as they’re doing now.

Oct 16, 2019, 8:48 PM

You have been fitted for your Device, yes?

Otherwise they can scan your brain, too. Yes! Right out of your brain!

Oct 16, 2019, 8:54 PM

Yawn, wake me up when you find high crimes and misdemeanors zzzzzzz.

Oct 16, 2019, 9:20 PM

Eek gads. Just saw this and had to watch it twice to make sure I wasn't imagining what I was hearing. You do recall me mentioning McConnell running interference for Trump?

This just hit the airwaves:

You're on thin ice, Mr. President.

Insult?

Oct 17, 2019, 1:38 PM [ in reply to Re: Yeah but you libs say he is guilty, enough facts to impeach ]

You're being quite Trumpish. Is he wearing you down?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Whether or not he broke the law is debatable.

Oct 17, 2019, 1:36 PM [ in reply to Re: Yeah but you libs say he is guilty, enough facts to impeach ]

Seldom is speech a violation of the law.

The left is under some delusion that a POTUS trying to further an ongoing investigation which involves a foreign country is somehow a criminal act. Joe wasn't a candidate when the investigation into Ukraine's participation of the Russian hoax began. It appears to have started when Barr was deposed by Congress about the Mueller report. He said he was going to look into the origins of the Russian/Trump collusion hoax.

Thanks for the video, have you seen the one where Biden boast of shutting down the investigation into the Ukrainian company which was sending his son $50-180K each month. Are you saying that shouldn't be investigated? I thought you were the peanut gallery heckling both sides? I don't recall you making a comment on that one.

This is not a criminal trial, it's not a trial at all. It's an investigation which started with a 'whistleblower,' who stopped by Adam Schiff's office to pick one up to blow.

I agree with one thing you posted, 'It's politics.' That happens to be the exact thing the Founding Fathers tried to prevent from ever happening, a sitting president being removed over political differences.

That saved Clinton and rightly so. Just as planned by the Founders this will save Trump too. How anyone can say that like it's a bad thing is against all reason. Like anything well designed the constitution is doing exactly what it was designed and written to do.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Whether or not he broke the law is debatable.

Oct 17, 2019, 5:04 PM

Shokin wasn't investigating Burisma at the time Biden pressed for him to be fired. They had previously been investigated due to Ministry of Ecology allegedly granting special permits to Burisma between 2010 and 2012. But Hunter Biden wasn't even hired by Burisma until 2014. Here's a link that lays out the timeline:

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/2019/10/03/what-really-happened-when-biden-forced-out-ukraines-top-prosecutor/3785620002/

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that 3rd rate politician needs to get off her butt

Oct 17, 2019, 4:19 PM

and dew sumthin!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

empeach foteefive empeach foteefive!***

Oct 17, 2019, 4:21 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Don’t forget.

Oct 17, 2019, 7:44 PM

You’re talking to people that were led down the Collusion-Obstruction path for 2 years. They never received any facts or information during that time, but nevertheless followed media spin like brainwashed sheep.

These same people have decided to once again place their trust in the same sources that misled them to the last empty conclusion. They are about to be disappointed again.

They want so very badly to see the outcome promised by the liberal media every evening on their televisions. For them, it’s become a mini-series of drama, suspense, innuendo, etc., that they can’t pull themselves away from. Heck there’s entertainment value in sitting around guessing what the ending will be right? Sadly, they lack the critical thinking skills needed to understand they’re being manipulated for a second time. When you’re a person that’s ruled by emotion, you will invariably set yourself up, time and again, for disappointment.

Oct 17, 2019, 10:47 PM

It's odd that this has been explained over and over. But here, let me put it in terms you can understand:

Tuesday, you're arrested on suspicion of cruelty to animals, somebody reported a starving horse tied to a tree in your front yard.

They don't ask the D.A. to indict you until when and if they investigate to determine what's wrong with your horse and if their are other animals that are being mistreated.

They don't take a vote to decide to investigate you or not....evidence has ALREADY prompted an investigation.

And they don't even prosecute you until they find evidence of a crime...as it should be.

But my question is don't you ever get tired of being lied to by Trump politicians? They know how the legal system works, most of them are lawyers.

But they through out an alternative narrative because they know that Trump supporters will take it and run with it.

And you know why???? They believe that you guys are not smart enough to figure out that their alternative narrative is a bold faced lie. They know you guys don't even question it.

Don't you ever get tired of being used by men who appear to be smarter than you?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 17, 2019, 11:09 PM

When you can grasp the fundamental fact that quid-pro-quo, per the statute, requires that PERSONAL GAIN be involved, you’ll know your reality is warped.

Here’s a textbook example of what I’m referring to:

https://youtu.be/UXA--dj2-CY

Replies: 13
| visibility 609
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic