Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Clemson coaching tandem ranked #11 in ACC
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 39
| visibility 1

FB Update: Clemson coaching tandem ranked #11 in ACC

Feb 19, 2015, 9:13 AM

Clemson coaching tandem ranked #11 in ACC

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

rut roh...***

Feb 19, 2015, 9:14 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah but where would we rank if they included

Feb 19, 2015, 9:19 AM

baseball coaches too?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

OUCH!

Feb 19, 2015, 9:23 AM

Now that's cold.
Go Tigers!!

These jerks need to be kicked in the BaLLs imo...

Feb 19, 2015, 9:24 AM [ in reply to rut roh...*** ]

In Downplaying DaBO's accomplishments and possibility of his not being able to satisfy our fans in future with more 10-win seasons.

Yes, Brownell lowered our overall ACC ranking..but DaBO should have raised us to at least #7.

GoTiGERS!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

brownell has some hesplainin' to do lucy...***

Feb 19, 2015, 9:26 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: These jerks need to be kicked in the BaLLs imo...

Feb 19, 2015, 9:49 PM [ in reply to These jerks need to be kicked in the BaLLs imo... ]

CLEMSON football recruiting has caught the eyes of the world and they have to find a way to throw a wrinkle into this type of recruiting process. Somebody is trying to hard. Yes, Dabo progress should have held it to no less than the midway point. WOW, Hmmmmmmm?

Re: rut roh...***

Feb 19, 2015, 10:12 AM [ in reply to rut roh...*** ]

That Petrino pitino combo is pretty solid. I guess cutcliff and coach K is pretty tough too

Not much to argue here. Norte dame, Louisville, duke are all ranked in both sports. The rest are more or less damaged by either football or basketball results.

Only guarantee to be high on list is if ranked in both sports.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Man, it's really a reach to bash us, but they are determined

Feb 19, 2015, 9:20 AM

Garbage article.

Re: Man, it's really a reach to bash us, but they are determined

Feb 19, 2015, 9:49 AM

So well said! If the rest of the conference, except for fsu, who has no standards, were not so focused on BB, we would be much higher. They aren't focused on FB, because most of them have not much to talk about there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where did they bash us? The problem is that the ACC has

Feb 19, 2015, 10:48 AM [ in reply to Man, it's really a reach to bash us, but they are determined ]

4 HOF locks in basketball but only one football right now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BB avgs #7 - Dabo avgs #2-3 - how then do they get #11

Feb 19, 2015, 2:21 PM

Brownell has placed 5th, 7th, 11th, and 6th in the league. Currently we're 7-8th. Were it not for one bad year, the basketball team would be a solid 6-7.

How could this not be interpreted as "bashing" us?

Stupid math?
Forgot to include Football for Clemson?
Picked a number out of a hat?
Let SOS do the poll?

garbage in, and garbage athlon....

Their metric is way off...

Feb 19, 2015, 9:37 AM

Half of VTs fans want Beamer to retire; that's not keeping the fans entertained. That program has been on a steady decline sine we knocked them off twice a few years ago.

This is one of those articles that make you think:

Feb 19, 2015, 10:07 AM

"What in the he1l were they thinking of?"

Slow news days = idle time with idle hands racking addled brains = unadulterated nonsense best relegated to the trash piles of sports' history.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly! They are #1 in my book......

Feb 19, 2015, 10:26 AM

Although my book is slightly orange stained, how in the world can you rank them #11??? What Dabo has done and is currently doing, speaks for itself. Brownell should be coach of the year to take the talent he has and play .500 in the ACC.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

BUT DID THEY TAKE INTO ACCOUNT HOW

Feb 19, 2015, 10:14 AM

DABO AND BROWNLEE ARE SUCH BEST BUDS IN THE BLUE RIDGE SECURITY RADIO COMMERCIALS???

THAT SHOULD AT LEAST GUARANTEE US A TOP 10 FINISH

Whatever you do, always give 100%.....unless it's donating blood

no, wait...

Feb 19, 2015, 10:16 AM

yes, ima go with no.

hahahahaha

Feb 19, 2015, 10:22 AM
image.jpg(119.9 K)

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

'I Cannot Sanction Your Buffoonery'

Re: Thanks for the JPEG!***

Feb 21, 2015, 5:27 PM

This is all Dabo's fault, obviously

Feb 19, 2015, 10:34 AM

Tnet knows Brad is never to blame.

What was the weighting? 80/20 basketball/football?

Feb 19, 2015, 10:34 AM

nm

Probably based a lot on having 4 future HOF locks in

Feb 19, 2015, 10:47 AM

basketball but only Beamer in football right now.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dabo is a Top 3 coach in the league

Feb 19, 2015, 10:46 AM

Brownies mid to lower mid of the pack. No way they combine for 11th!!!!

I wouldn't trade Dabo for anybody.

Feb 19, 2015, 11:18 AM

Honestly. Given the chance to get Saban, Urban Myer, or anybody else, I would pass and keep Dabo. So in my eyes, his half of the tandem is #1.

Go Tigers!!!!!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: FB Update: Clemson coaching tandem ranked #11 in ACC

Feb 19, 2015, 11:22 AM

Dabo leans on assistants+Brownell hasn't done much yet=11.

A little low to me but not far off.

Dabo is the best CEO coach I have ever seen.

Feb 19, 2015, 11:46 AM

I don't care if he leans on assistants. He is getting the job done on a crazy impressive level.

Joe Paterno was more of a CEO coach wasn't he? Well he has the all time wins record.

Feb 19, 2015, 10:03 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Clemson coaching tandem ranked #11 in ACC ]

You only as good as the HEAD. No pliot and it hard to get to the top, if so, you want stay there long. Not for 4 minutes, better long 4 Years. Keep WINNING Dabo.

Feb 19, 2015, 11:23 AM

Clemson 3rd best team in ACC last year in Football...

Clemson currently 8th in Basketball....

Yea #### article is ####.

null

Feb 19, 2015, 11:43 AM

How is Virginia tech above us, they suck at both right now, this is definitely a bball poll (it made me chuckle, and I'm not a chuckler)

someone at Athlon is bad at math.

Feb 19, 2015, 11:52 AM

If the Football team was the second best team in the ACC this past year, and the Basketball team is currently ranked 8th in the conference, then Clemson should be 5th in this ranking.

i don't think it's a "this year only" list.***

Feb 19, 2015, 12:13 PM

okay so Dabo keeps us in the top 3 in the conference and BB

Feb 19, 2015, 12:13 PM

keeps us around top 7/8 in the conference every year so how that puts us at 11 makes alot of sense.

I would think they would be at the 6 range at worst.

Feb 19, 2015, 1:46 PM

So here's my take...

1) Puke - hard to argue with Coach K and Cutcliff...particularly since it doesn't make any difference if the football team keeps winning or not. The fact that they aren't an embarrassment is an improvement.

2) Loiseville - Again, hard to argue, although I've got an over and under of 3 years before Petrino IS the embarrassment again.

3) Not a Dame - I am confused by this one since a) they aren't that good, b) don't really play football in the ACC, c) will never live up to the glory days and d) hence can never be happy.

4) Florida State Pen - Again, what's not to like, they just won a national championship in the sport that they care about and are pretty good in basketball.

5) AFAM - Just happy to have not gotten the death penalty...yet.

6) Vague Tech - Laughably high as has already been much discussed.

7) Um - HAHAHHAHAHAHAH!!!!! Yeah, because they really always wanted to be good in basketball. Really. Really!

8) Syraccuse - The good: Jim Boeheim, The bad: One year self imposed is probably going to get worse, The ugly: the football program. Way too high on the list

9) U of Vagueness - Way too low. They are high as a kite on basketball right now and their football team has been working miracles on recruiting (that haven't resulted in sanctions, yet)

10) The Pit - kind of an "eh" ranking for a couple of "eh" programs...about right.

11) Clem(p)son - So clearly the author had a lot of faith in Chad Morris and not a lot of faith in anyone else in the athletic department? I love football...we all love football and the football team is doing well. We shouldn't be any lower than 4th by my reconning, especially since Brownell seems to have mostly quenched the tire fire that is the basketball program, for the moment. If he can keep recruiting, find some offense and cut out the horrendous losses in the rec league games at the beginning of the season we can go back to losing in the first game of the real tournament and everyone will be thrilled.

12) - 14) Who cares?

15) Wake - probably rated too low. They are used to it by now.

Feb 19, 2015, 1:52 PM

This is meaningless bullschit. A statistic compiled by someone with too much time on their hands. It is not something that anyone cares about !

Swofford couldn't have written it better himself !***

Feb 19, 2015, 2:35 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It's neither Dabo nor Brownell's fault we expect NCs every y

Feb 19, 2015, 4:29 PM

And deserve them.

Feb 19, 2015, 6:04 PM

Twitter page for David Fox
https://twitter.com/DavidFox615/status/568177885829337088

Feb 19, 2015, 6:32 PM

This poll ain't nothing but trash!

dumbest most useless ranking I've ever seen

Feb 19, 2015, 8:32 PM

are people paid to come up with this stuff?

not very good at math

Feb 19, 2015, 9:58 PM

Dabo #2 coach in ACC, simply because he didn't have famous Anus. Brownell, even though I'm not a big fan, I easily the 8th best in ACC. This makes 5th best.

Replies: 39
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic