Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Yeah but Hershel
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 6
| visibility 1

Yeah but Hershel

Dec 9, 2015, 9:03 PM

Was up against Deffenses that knew you were going to run the ball 96.8% of the time.
There were no Spead teams, most WR's sucked and everyone ran the same offense.

It's different because Hershel played at a time where the game was just plain different than it is today.
He is an intricate part of Alabama's team, and I'll give him credit for that.... But what is he.... The 3rd RB at Alabama to be a Heisman finalist in the last 5-6 years...
Plug in anyone- anyone into that system, with that O-line and they will do as well running the ball 400 times a season.
Just sayin!!
DW is the best and most important piece of Clemson's team. They wouldn't be where they are right now without him. He's played against some excellent Deffenses and lead Clemson to record points, yards, and wins.
When he is gone, these #'s are unlikely to continue.
Henry's replacement will do very very similar given the same number of carries and Alabama will be a top 4 team again next year and the next year, and so on.
Most Valuable College Football player is without a doubt DW4

DW4 for Heisman!!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah but Hershel

Dec 9, 2015, 9:26 PM

...and how many games did HW play in a season vs DH?

How many TDs did HW score in the valley? Anyone?

Dec 9, 2015, 10:37 PM

0.00 as in none. I have no idea what this thread is about, but I am bringing it back to clemson.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

63-17

The same as George Rogers.***

Dec 9, 2015, 10:39 PM

Dec 10, 2015, 12:51 AM

I also think the two extra games Henry played already at this point in the season. Might have helped a tad. Same with McCaffrey breaking Sanders record. Both records were broken in a championship game AFTER a 12 game season. NCAA season records only counted regular season back then 13>11. Just my .2 cents.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

McCaffrey actually brought that up when asked about him

Dec 10, 2015, 7:45 AM

breaking Barry Sanders record. He knows Barry did it in less games than he did. That kid has his head on straight.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 10, 2015, 1:50 AM

I would have He ry 3rd on my ballot (if I was actually important enough to have one). I have no problem with Deshaun or Chirstian winning. I think Deshaun's rushing stats (yards & td's) put him equal to Christian's total yards achievement, but his penchant for making plays in the big moment, the overall significance of the QB position and the fact that he has never lost a game in college that he started and finished give him the nod.

I don't understand all the negative talk on here about Henry though. He's a great back. He was highly regarded in high school and he has lived up to the billing. There is no doubt he is an elite back, on the same level with Cook, Ezekiel Elliot, Fournette, and Christian McCaffrey. Just because he is ESPN's darling and not as deserving as Deshaun for the Heisman doesn't mean he isn't a stud.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 6
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic