Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Green New Deal?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 352

Green New Deal?

Jul 10, 2020, 10:53 AM

Coming right up! Biden/Sander's task force or "BS-FU."

"The Unity Task Force believes that nothing is more important than building a clean energy
economy..."

Fmr. Sec. of State John Kerry, Co-chair
Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, Co-chair

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I wouldn't say nothing is more important

Jul 10, 2020, 10:55 AM

but yes it is vital for the future of our planet and our species

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Jacking up energy and building costs for ourselves isn't

Jul 10, 2020, 11:00 AM

going to stop people in Haiti from dumping every bit of trash they have into the ocean.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Your point? We shouldn't strive for clean energy

Jul 10, 2020, 11:02 AM

because another country isn't?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

It's a stupid argument

Jul 10, 2020, 11:04 AM

including "costing more money"

European countries that have invested in renewable energy such as windmills create more energy than what the country needs. And we don't have to worry about running out of dinosaur grease.

But then again windmills cause cancer so there's that.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

windmills probably kill birds too***

Jul 10, 2020, 11:08 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

You should talk to a German about windmills***

Jul 10, 2020, 11:10 AM [ in reply to It's a stupid argument ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We shouldn't put an arbitrary dates on things like carbon

Jul 10, 2020, 11:08 AM [ in reply to Your point? We shouldn't strive for clean energy ]

emissions and implement potentially devastating economic policies because of feelz. Which is what this is.

You don't put tentative dates on projects?

Jul 10, 2020, 11:11 AM

I don't care about the date. I care about the steps they plan on implementing to get to the date.

Around here you get a massive tax break to repurpose your land to have solar panels on it. Many farmers who aren't making enough money on crop prices are doing this around here.

You can't put a date on it until you know W TF you're

Jul 10, 2020, 11:29 AM

going to do. You don't quote projects with a specific end date in mind, you work through what it will take to make it work and estimate a date from there. I mean, some people do, but it rarely works out well for them. Like the old saying goes, you can have it fast, cheap, or right...but you only get to pick two.

I've got no problem with people adding solar panels. But if we're being honest with ourselves, this 'green new deal' talk isn't about saving the environment. It's a bunch of feel good B.S. We'll get some new regulations and all end up paying 5x more for energy and the net result to the environment will be the same. Like I also alluded to, you don't make any progress when you're bailing water out of the boat with a 12 oz cup while somebody else is filling it up with a 5 gallon bucket.

There needs to be a debate on the technical feasibility, as well as a realistic look at the consequences. What's going to happen when poor peoples electric costs skyrocket? When they can't afford gas to get to work? Can't heat their houses in the winter because it's too expensive? You want to get completely off fossil fuels in 10 years? Guess who gets hit the hardest by that.

Yeah because all of that is going to happen

Jul 10, 2020, 11:32 AM

it's ok. Sit back and let the progressives drag the scared conservatives into the future like we have had to do multiple times in our country's history.

What do you think is going to happen?

Jul 10, 2020, 11:36 AM

I guess we can sprinkle magic dust on everything and achieve our zero emission utopia. It doesn't have to be so bad!

Soccer, since you pointed this, please explain how I am

Jul 10, 2020, 11:45 AM [ in reply to Yeah because all of that is going to happen ]

wrong. How do you eliminate fossil fuel use in a decade without absolutely crushing the poor?

You're making a few logical jumps here.

Jul 10, 2020, 11:59 AM

By pointing him, I'm not declaring you're wrong, you're just arguing weird things, read what FBCoach is saying.

How much money does the government subsidize the fossil fuel industry? What is the regulations cost to construct a nuclear power plant? Why are those so incredibly disparate? Why are people so scared of the nuclear industry besides fear of unknown and not understanding?

I agree with you, 10 years is too aggressive of a timeline, but FBCoach's point is still valid.

We have very cheap energy costs, incredibly cheap actually. Not sure where you think this will crush the poor, more government spending on infrastructure is a lot better than government spending on other ####.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's not saying anything, he's throwing out platitudes

Jul 10, 2020, 12:07 PM

I agree with nuclear, and the fact that I hear very little about it is why I don't think we have politicians or a government serious about solving anything. Other than continuing to fleece taxpayers for no tangible benefit, of course.

Europe, who he was pointing to as a model, has significantly higher energy costs than we do. And they continue to rise at a faster rate than ours. Would the poor in this country be able to shoulder that additional burden?

The NRC has started lowering their restrictions

Jul 10, 2020, 12:14 PM

and have finally approved some small modular nuclear reactor sites, so it is improving.

I don't know what "the poor" can or cannot shoulder, but electricity is a small percentage of their monthly expenses.

We are striving for clean energy.

Jul 10, 2020, 11:32 AM [ in reply to Your point? We shouldn't strive for clean energy ]

You're locked in the prison of two ideas. Either abandon the environment or totally collapse our economy by sacrificing our primary source of energy, oil. It doesn't have to be either. It can be a mixture of both yet the GND is the latter.

Accusing someone who doesn't want to destroy our economy because they oppose the GND is dishonest.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

And you got your feather up in this response

Jul 10, 2020, 11:37 AM

Granted after I lashed out first ;).

Read Lakebum's response, followed by mine, it doesn't say anything in what your response to me implies.

Where exactly is this quotation?

Jul 10, 2020, 11:04 AM

https://www.google.com/search?q=%22nothing+is+more+important+than+building+a+clean+energy+economy%22&rlz=1C1GCEB_enUS838US838&oq=%22nothing+is+more+important+than+building+a+clean+energy+economy%22&aqs=chrome..69i57.1103j0j7&sourceid=chrome&ie=UTF-8

Or did you do some bullshít paraphrasing into a quotation?

Boy, that got your feather up.

Jul 10, 2020, 11:24 AM

Page 43 and I don't paraphrase then use quotation marks and I don't appreciate you making that type of accusation.

It's on Biden's website so don't use your venom on me. I just posted a quote. If that bothers you then take it up with democrats who are now joined at the hip with the most progressive people in the country.

https://joebiden.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/UNITY-TASK-FORCE-RECOMMENDATIONS.pdf

You put such hyperbolic statements all the time that

Jul 10, 2020, 11:35 AM

are often incorrect, so I appreciate you providing this.

Eh, in context, it's a group saying their stuff is the most important.

Also, I am very pro clean power (nuclear), it's the only thing that makes sense for the long-term energy solution to the world.

Re: You put such hyperbolic statements all the time that

Jul 10, 2020, 1:01 PM

What I occasionally do is called 'exaggeration to make a point.'

Saying that is as nutty as the far left saying Trump is

Jul 10, 2020, 11:09 AM

white supremist or that he will make David Duke a key advisor, but you’re smart enough to know that, and are just trying to win a message board shouting contest.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't recall seeing photos of Trump at a KKK meeting....

Jul 10, 2020, 11:26 AM

on Trump's website but here's Biden's website. Scroll down to page 43 and read it for yourself.

https://joebiden.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/07/UNITY-TASK-FORCE-RECOMMENDATIONS.pdf

But we all know there is zero chance of that happening.

Jul 10, 2020, 11:40 AM

You do realize that, right?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So you're saying those are fake promises?

Jul 10, 2020, 12:58 PM

Do you honestly think AOC and her ilk will stop dragging the democrat party toward the left? At what point with that become unbearable for you? Open borders with citizenship for millions upon millions of illegals most who will vote for the democrats? Do you thing that is impossible?

they don't really mean it...

Jul 10, 2020, 11:55 AM

stuff like this keeps popping up because they are just shooting the bull, something to talk about. Ignore it. Quit acting so crazy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-franc1968.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I got really high and lost my xanax last night.

Jul 10, 2020, 1:00 PM

When Biden get elected I can afford to go to the doctor and get a new 5 gal bottle.

Replies: 27
| visibility 352
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic