Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Space Force.
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 671

Space Force.

Aug 10, 2018, 7:37 AM

Weaponizing the final frontier.

Murica!

Eff yeah!

MAGA!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Space Force.

Aug 10, 2018, 8:02 AM

https://twitter.com/rupaulsdragrace/status/1027690993284472837?s=21

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I didn't know what to think about this until...

Aug 10, 2018, 8:13 AM

I heard reports of Chinese and Russian efforts to develop and produce weapons to attack satellites.

That's better than EMP weapons. They could shut down communications with all our military bases located outside our borders. Our phones, internet, banking, and most if not all commerce.

In my opinion we don't need to control the world we need to defended our borders, our freedom, our people and our economy. As far as I'm concerned all these are 'Every man for himself,' subjects.

I don't want to screw the world but I'm tired of American feeling like it's our responsibility to help anyone more than protect ourselves by protecting our nation. We're a one of a kind. Man didn't evolve toward better government. We are an anomaly in the history of mankind.

If we change it too much we end it forever. I'm not saying change is bad I'm saying protecting our country is a higher priority than any change.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'd wager that every empire throughout history

Aug 10, 2018, 8:37 AM

believed they were an anomaly, and different from the rest of the empires before them that eventually fell. It seems like a pretty obvious folly.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That is irrelevant and insignificant.***

Aug 11, 2018, 7:43 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

History....??? Okay.***

Aug 12, 2018, 3:35 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The words insignificant and irrelevant were not...

Aug 13, 2018, 8:50 AM

used to describe history. It was knowledge of history which provided the founding fathers with understand how to eliminate the flaws of past empires. We are like them in very few ways.

The words were directed at the thought that our form of government is as those empires which failed. We are not as they were. We are not because we are built on a rock with much more solid foundation than they were. We call it our constitution. It does not offend us, it defends us and prevents generational failures from self destruction and permanent damage though I wonder if the last couple of generations aren't determined to destroy what the founders built.

Re: I didn't know what to think about this until...

Aug 10, 2018, 9:06 AM [ in reply to I didn't know what to think about this until... ]

Why do we do often hear about protecting others more than ourselves when we spend eleventy bazillion dollars a year on defense?

Is that really anything we'll ever need to worry about?

Much of our defense spending protects others.

Aug 11, 2018, 7:46 AM

null

Message was edited by: ClemsonTiger1988®

Re: I didn't know what to think about this until...

Aug 10, 2018, 11:06 AM [ in reply to I didn't know what to think about this until... ]

Ah yes, in order to protect satellites we need to put troops on Mars. Makes perfect sense.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We are approaching a point that it becomes impossible to

Aug 14, 2018, 8:45 AM [ in reply to I didn't know what to think about this until... ]

defend all of our assets and responsibilities if we have if enough people are determined to attack them. (Rome says hi)

At some point we are going to have to consider treating the rest of the world as if their interests actually matter. We are going to have to at least pretend that we are willing to seek partners in the world instead of just bullying everyone all the time.

A multi-polar world is fast returning. If everyone hates us, that will eventually matter to American people.

We need to dramatically reduce our overseas deployments, dramatically reduce our pathological hypocrisy and begin engaging other regional powers as respected partners.

We absolutely do no do that now. Our behavior with Iran is the height of our absurd hubris and aggressive bullying.

I don't say this based on Hippie idealism. I say this based on rational self-preservation. We are flatly ignoring reality with our behavior. It's obviously unsustainable and will have tremendous blowback.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aug 10, 2018, 8:20 AM

Yeah, Space Force is almost as dumb as

Aug 11, 2018, 11:31 AM

Ronald Reagan's Star Wars.

https://www.politico.com/magazine/story/2014/05/the-phantom-menace-106551

Re: Space Force.***

Aug 10, 2018, 8:25 AM

Aug 10, 2018, 8:28 AM

The space force is idiotic. Nobody thinks it's a good idea. It probably won't happen anyway. It's redundant.

Space Force? More like Space Farce!

Aug 10, 2018, 10:51 AM

Nailed it.

Can't wait to see...

Aug 10, 2018, 1:50 PM

How many Trumpies buy merc from this fictional space force that's never going to happen.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

[Catahoula] used to be almost solely a PnR rascal, but now has adopted shidpoasting with a passion. -bengaline

You are the meme master. - RPMcMurphy®

Trump is not a phony. - RememberTheDanny

I'm glad the Wright Bros didn't listen to the people who...

Aug 13, 2018, 8:58 AM

told them, 'That's never going to happen.' I have to wait months to get, genuine Mercedes, parts made in Germany.

Why do we want to conquer space...

Aug 10, 2018, 2:13 PM

what did space ever do to us?

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Obvioulsy the Admin want to conquer Boldlygo, where no man

Aug 10, 2018, 2:27 PM

has ever gone before.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Why did we climb mt everest?

Aug 11, 2018, 5:03 PM [ in reply to Why do we want to conquer space... ]

Because it is there. The same reason my ex ate half a birthday cake.

Honest answer, To explore strange new worlds, seek out new life and civilizations and boldly go where no one has gone before. It's time for James Tiberius...

Dayum y'all are easy to TD bait.

Aug 10, 2018, 2:26 PM

just sayin'...

MAGA!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dayum y'all are easy to TD bait.

Aug 11, 2018, 3:50 AM

just sayin'...

MORON!!!

Dems confuse me.

Aug 11, 2018, 4:58 PM

With all that time and all that space there must be life on other planets. I said I don't believe there is life and they point out that Carl Sagan is (at the time) much smarter than me. I can't argue. I know little to nothing about the stars but I'd love to. Mostly the discussion were brought about when the subject of the Bible and God were being discussed.

For some strange reason they don't want to go out there and look. Budget hawks, lutz.

Re: Dems confuse me.

Aug 13, 2018, 4:48 AM

That comment was so ignorant and so moronic on so many levels I wouldn't even no where to begin.

How about you start with whether or not...

Aug 13, 2018, 8:29 AM

you'd love to find life on other planets. Then move on to whether or not you think man should stretch out and look for other planets which could support mankind due to us consuming or destroying the one we have.

When you've consider those you can tell me what emotion prevented you of those considerations before you decided to start throwing insults.

Re: How about you start with whether or not...

Aug 13, 2018, 8:35 AM

Sorry, but we are already looking for life on other planets. My grandfather worked and had big part of Voyager 1 at JPL. It is 11,253,000,000 miles from Earth at the moment. Space Force is idiotic and redundant.

I'm glad the liberals weren't running the kingdoms...

Aug 13, 2018, 8:55 AM

in Europe when Columbus wanted to find a shorter route to India. No wait, I might be American anyway, maybe I'd been born a Cherokee instead of an American. Maybe that wouldn't have been so bad like those here who would have been European, African or Asian.

Re: I'm glad the liberals weren't running the kingdoms...

Aug 13, 2018, 1:18 PM

You're rambling. Only idiots think a Space Force is a good idea. You're dumb as a rock.

Aug 13, 2018, 4:20 PM

https://reason.com/blog/2018/07/20/neil-degrasse-tyson-we-need-a-space-forc

Thanks.

Aug 13, 2018, 6:07 PM

He's just wanting a job. I'm thinking bigger. I want to claim all the Universe for America. Screw the UN.

Aug 14, 2018, 5:18 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm glad the liberals weren't running the kingdoms... ]

That's not what we are doing though. That is not the purpose of what we are doing. Good effort though. You're as dumb as rock as well.

Aug 14, 2018, 7:29 AM

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.yahoo.com/amphtml/entertainment/neil-degrasse-tyson-doesnt-think-mock-trumps-new-space-force-224610748.html

Maybe I'm dumb as a rock but at least I find news sources...

Aug 14, 2018, 4:52 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm glad the liberals weren't running the kingdoms... ]

which inform me of why they are starting a space force. Trump wants a dedicated branch of service for handling defense of our satellite sitting with the other joint chiefs of staff to make it more difficult for future presidents to defund a vital part of our national defense.

Our energy, communications and even our defensive systems around the world will cease to be effective if we lose our satellites.

I'm bout fed up with the insults.

Aug 13, 2018, 6:08 PM [ in reply to Re: I'm glad the liberals weren't running the kingdoms... ]

One more and your sorry asz is going to the top of my prayer list. I freaking dare you.

Re: I'm bout fed up with the insults.

Aug 14, 2018, 5:20 AM

Made me laugh.

You'll be laughing out your...

Aug 14, 2018, 4:55 PM

that was the point. I intend to be harmless to fulfill my oblation to God for allowing me to post in here. Don't think it's a joke just because we enjoyed it. Being on the prayers list of a faithful person who know how thoroughly God answers his prayers can be somewhere you won't enjoy.

BTW, I would never pray for anything bad to happen to anyone. God would tell me no before I got the words out.

You immediately undercut your argument when you

Aug 14, 2018, 8:54 AM [ in reply to Re: I'm glad the liberals weren't running the kingdoms... ]

insult people who are merely trying to debate you. The guy you are insulting is nearly always respectful when he makes his arguments. I don't think he deserves to be insulted they way you have done here.

I disagree with Trump's notion of a space force, but it is not "stupid." It's debatable, I just think the cons outweigh the pros.

You really should fight the urge to try and de-legitimize people that you don't agree with. It is a much more intelligent to engage the point and explain your reasoning. You might as well be slinging your feces at him, otherwise.

Re: You immediately undercut your argument when you

Aug 14, 2018, 1:49 PM

You're kind of an imbecilic conspiracy nut. You're opinion is pretty much a laugh and meaningless.

I know how to duck.

Aug 14, 2018, 5:00 PM [ in reply to You immediately undercut your argument when you ]

I was married for 30 years. I ducked once too often, I ducked out.

There's a BLACK Program, somewhere...

Aug 14, 2018, 7:14 AM

Libs: Live it, love it, dig it, deal with it...

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Replies: 40
| visibility 671
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic