Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Yeah. I've got that
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Yeah. I've got that

Dec 12, 2016, 9:25 AM

gross taste in my mouth from watching the Heisman turn
into a lapdog of the ESPN bias machine.
Seeing Manziel up there was a clear sign of the direction that trophy is headed.

Aside from my own personal grief over that yuckfest, my heart really pours out for Deshaun Watson.

To me, it was an accolade he deserved.

There is no better representative of Clemson, or college football.

He has done it ALL the right way.

Not flashy, just spectacular.

Not arrogant, but confident.

Not a facade of humility, but truly humble.

Further, his numbers are beyond compare and his career stats set the record books. In 3 years.

I hope folks can just move on from this without too much sorrow, but we should
really feel bad because the Heisman missed it's opportunity to hitch itself to one of
the greatest ambassadors of collegiate athletics.

Deshaun Watson is, dare I say it, BIGGER than the Heisman.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah. I've got that

Dec 12, 2016, 9:31 AM

I can't believe they would have manziel up there, he is an embarrassment to the heisman. And Rogers, dude tried to sell his for coke money. Hopefully the more respectable members declined and only the garbage/unemployed(tebow) agreed to be there

Dec 12, 2016, 9:57 AM

It has lost the luster of days gone by. And to vote before the season is even over?......Come on Man.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 12, 2016, 9:58 AM

I hold it nothing more than a popularity contest now. Just like you said the ESPN spin machine picks the winner now. Awards are meaningless....trophies mean everything. Especially a National Championship. Bring it home boys!

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DW4 is the kind of guy that I can see one day

Dec 12, 2016, 10:41 AM

Winning the Walter Payton award in the NFL. He's just that kind of classy.

Dec 12, 2016, 10:44 AM

How is it biased that somebody with 50 TDs won??? Please explain to me how. Do not give me the crap that he played easy teams because his number against common opponents are better than DWs. Please explain.

Dec 12, 2016, 10:51 AM

1. DW beat him head to head
2. Clemson is coaching to win a championship this year not to run the score up on lesser teams
3. Do you know about what DW does off the field? If so then I don't need to explain any further...

Dec 12, 2016, 10:58 AM

Do you know what Lamar does off the field? Clemson beat Louisville it is not a two player game. Championship is not a qualification to winning the Heisman. Lamar had more TDs and more total yards. I wanted DW to win as bad as you did but to act like LJ didn't deserve the award as well is out of my mind. You can argue stats either way.

I don't know what LJ does off the field.

Dec 12, 2016, 11:00 AM

Instead of asking the question it would be more helpful for you to provide links to reports on what he does. I really don't know...help a bro out.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I don't know what LJ does off the field.

Dec 12, 2016, 11:04 AM

Idk either but we don't know that he doesn't do good off the field. What he does on the field is amazing and deserving of the Heisman obviously. Take off your orange glasses and respect the kid for what an amazing year he had. We all wanted DW to win it but he didn't. You can't be mad at LJ because he put up crazy numbers. Hate though if you wish. Shows how immature you are. I am sure you are one to say something about what he did in the Clemson game but you are just as bad.

Do you even know how many of those TDs were scored?

Dec 12, 2016, 10:57 AM [ in reply to Re: Yeah. I've got that ]

It's not LJ's fault but here's just one example...there are many:

It's 49-10 at the end of the 3rd qtr of UL vs FSU and...

Lamar Jackson is still in the game the fourth qtr to score yet another TD.

LJ = SERIOUSLY PADDED STATS

Re: Do you even know how many of those TDs were scored?

Dec 12, 2016, 11:02 AM

Lmao you are ridiculous. That is your argument for why he shouldn't have won?? He played all 4 quarters against a top 10 team and you are mad about it? Take out all the games they destroyed teams and then compare his stats I bet they are still amazing. You are sad.

You said he put up "crazy" numbers and 50 TDs...

Dec 12, 2016, 11:15 AM

...yet you can't acknowledge that his stats were padded by leaving him in the game well beyond what any other coach would specifically for the reason to pad his numbers and the teams number to "wow" everyone.

I never said he was a horrible player or horrible person and all five finalist deserved recognition. My point is that LJ's stats are padded to counter your point that he deserved the Heisman for his crazy 50 TDs. Based on common sense when you take out the hype reasonable people can see that DW4 is the best overall offensive player on the field and excels off the field.

Yes, I'm sad...sad for you because you are yet to provide any tangible info other than statements like "crazy 50 TDs".

Re: You said he put up "crazy" numbers and 50 TDs...

Dec 12, 2016, 11:19 AM

3300 passing and 1500 rushing. Being in the top 15 rushing and passing is like being 2 players at once. Sorry if I think Yards and TDs matter in the Heisman race. Obviously I am not the only one. He still would have better stats than most if he were took out of the games. If you compare DWs and LJs stats against common opponents who's are better? I have done it.

Who has the better stats with common opponents?

Dec 12, 2016, 11:25 AM

Clemson 42 Louisville 36 = DW 1 LJ 0

It doesn't get any more common opponent than that.

Re: You said he put up "crazy" numbers and 50 TDs...

Dec 12, 2016, 11:20 AM [ in reply to You said he put up "crazy" numbers and 50 TDs... ]

50 TDs in a power 5 conference is about all you need to win Heisman. You act like that is not amazing.

I'm not an actor....

Dec 12, 2016, 11:32 AM

...I think LJ is an amazing QB but this year DW is the better QB and more deserving of the Heisman.

I think LJs last two games were enough to nix him as a Heisman winner...and we have more football to play.

Last year they awarded it to Alabama's Derrick Henry prematurely. If they simply waited for the end of the season DW would have won last year and so many pundits stated that after the Natty. They've made the same mistake again this year....wait and see.

Chill out mang. ESPN is a bias machine

Dec 12, 2016, 12:10 PM [ in reply to Re: Yeah. I've got that ]

and nobody said LJ didn't deserve it.

He just didn't deserve it as much as Deshaun Watson.

That trophy is supposed to represent the most complete player, a la DW.

Congratulations to LJ. He has been classy about it all and doesn't deserve any disrespect.

When nearly thirty percent of the votes have already been cast before we even played VT, that is not representative of the entire body of work.

ESPN continually advertised how the heisman was all but over and LJ had locked it up by midseason.

LJ won the Heisman based on his first six games. The ESPN hype machine helped him get there.

"sorrow"?

Dec 12, 2016, 12:15 PM

FYI, he won a number of major, national awards and is respected nationally as the top two to five players in America. And has big time moments still ahead for this season(which the Heisman winner only wishes he had), and a big-time career too.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic