Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wish
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Wish

May 18, 2017, 8:10 AM

I wish I had the confidence in Kelly Bryant that Dabo seems still to have. Sorry, folks, but I don't think he is the right guy for this team. Albeit KB's PT has been mop up duty, I have seen a guy who acts like he wants to pass the ball, but who rarely doesn't pull it down and run it (and he is a good runner), but with the receiving crew we have, that will be a shame.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah, I'm going to trust Dabo on this one

May 18, 2017, 8:35 AM

and well...I'll trust him with all decisions, especially coming off that national championship several months ago. We have some really good QB's on the roster, so if Dabo thinks KB is the starter then I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

Hey Guys...

May 18, 2017, 9:02 AM

It'll work out or work itself out..but may cost us a game (or two) but in the end you gotta know DaBO & Staff will be competitive & hungry enough to repeat and will use the next man up approach but not kill the soul of KB right off the bat.

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Hey Guys...

May 18, 2017, 10:04 AM

That's the point, Bill. I don't want it to cost us a game or two.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Yeah, I'm going to trust Dabo on this one

May 18, 2017, 10:02 AM [ in reply to Yeah, I'm going to trust Dabo on this one ]

The only thing bothering me is the Cole Stoudt experience. I don't want us to lose a couple of games due to stubbornness.

May 18, 2017, 12:34 PM

my thoughts exactly. Unless KB has gone through as complete remake he is not going to be able to throw the ball well enough to stop defenses from stacking the line and LB's against us. If you--not this writer--but the you in gene ral---don't like what I wrote don't read it. Three are poem eon here who admire, respect etc Dabo and his entire staff but to say they are flawlessis rather stupid!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have to say that my favorite part of this post is

May 18, 2017, 12:40 PM

"Three are poem eon here who admire, respect etc Dabo and his entire staff but to say they are flawlessis rather stupid!"

Mackey couldn't have said it better himself!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I'm so embarrassed for you right now.***

May 18, 2017, 12:43 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-francismarion.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"I've played multiple sports and would bet any amount that I'm still more athletic than you at this present time...."

May 18, 2017, 11:19 PM [ in reply to Re: Yeah, I'm going to trust Dabo on this one ]

Our coaching staff is very good, but they are not flawless, and yes, they have made some mistakes. Let's hope those mistakes are not repeated and that we truly have the best QB on the field, rather than just the "heir apparent".

I'd argue the Cole Stoudt experience worked out well

May 18, 2017, 12:43 PM [ in reply to Re: Yeah, I'm going to trust Dabo on this one ]

Coaches held a true freshman on the sidelines until he was ready to take over. That lead to a big win against Oklahoma that year, propelling us to the national championship game the next year and winning it all the year after that. Since the beginning of that year we also have new co-OC's and a new QB coach.

Re: I'd argue the Cole Stoudt experience worked out well

May 18, 2017, 11:25 PM

That true freshman could in no way have been less ready than the guy who got the starts. DW4 Looked much more ready when he was in the games Stoudt started. Had he not looked better, Dabo would never have made the change. He just made the change too late, trying to make something happen that wasn't there. To CS's credit, he did come in and lead us to a great victory in the bowl game. He deserves a lot of credit for that, and I give it to him, but he never looked better than DW4 in any of the games when DW4 was healthy.

Re: Wish

May 18, 2017, 9:37 AM

If this is in response to the recent acc video clip that came out last night, then it's nothing he didn't say right after the spring game. The only thing I hear him saying is IF the game was today, KB would start. Got to trust the coaches really will pick the one that has the best fall practice and seems ready to go get it. I think he's trying to tell all of them they have work to do before fall starts.

That being said, imo it's HJ that will earn it this year. The only thing I wish for is that each one gets equal time with the 1's. Then you should know.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2017, 10:07 AM

I agree with you, especially with the idea that maybe each of them really gets a shot to be the guy without a prejudice clouding the judgement. I just want the best guy from the get-go. I don't want to sacrifice a couple of games to see a lesson relearned.

May 18, 2017, 11:27 AM

I am totally with you on that one !!! and no reason we shouldn't go with the best one. We have way too good of a defense to "waste" a game and chance not getting in the playoffs.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_pickem_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

deer armchair coaches

May 18, 2017, 10:31 AM

keep in mind that there is very limited practice time at the college level and our defense is likely to be good enough to win games. A qb that knows the offense and can limit mistakes might be just what we need, given the lack of a clear winner. And unless you have been at practice every day...

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: deer armchair coaches

May 18, 2017, 11:37 AM

Not disagreeing with you there. Realize time is very limited + in the fall you add Bryce. deserttiger, would you agree that Dabo has shown tendencies to give the KB's a shot first. Not saying that's all bad, but none of us want to end up in December with 1-2 losses and look back only to say what may have been. If the scenario plays out where KB plays the first few games and then a ZC, HJ or TI, or CB has to relieve him and they step in lights out.

May 18, 2017, 12:41 PM

Oh #### off.

Sick and tired of watching so called Clemson fans go after this kid before he has a chance to even play a meaningful game.

Coaches see him at practice... YOU DONT.

Message was edited by: Clemalum07®

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

May 18, 2017, 11:43 PM

No, I never see him at practice, but all of us have seen him in several games over 2 years. Maybe you saw great performances. I haven't. I have seen many, many, many practices in my 4 years as a Clemson player, and my experience has been that when a guy does well in practice, he does well in games, too. Not saying he doesn't look good in practices I haven't seen, but in the games I have seen, I'd love to see him step it up a few notches and let us see that he is "The Guy". All of us can have an opinion, and mine just doesn't agree with yours. That's okay. I just hope that whoever we play at QB can get the ball to our very talented receivers. If not, what a waste of receiver talent.

May 19, 2017, 1:16 AM

Oh yes all those meaningful snaps he has had in mop up duty behind make shift offensive lines and with back up and walk on WRs I am glad that made up your mind on the kid...

Like I said what a great fan you are

March 4th 2016- "Lee won't be here 4 years from today" - Viztiz

May 18, 2017, 11:32 PM

Game two will tell the tale . If he is successful against the Auburn defense and puts up some points , doesn't turn it over a bunch he will be ensconced.
Dabo is a team guy , and KB has paid his dues to earn his shot .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

May 18, 2017, 11:45 PM

He has had shots in several games. I hope he does great. I think he will get his chance if Dabo does as I suspect.

May 19, 2017, 12:05 AM [ in reply to Re: Wish ]

Has he? Dabo is a team guy- part of what makes him special. However, that being said, I think we all tend to think of the qb position is different than any other position. I don't and here's why;

Take a DT that's redshirted, played third string and got into games as mop up. He gets knocked down and missed assignments etc. please follow me here, the next year he's a junior and really hasn't gotten his chance but he's paid his dues true?

Ok, same year, dexter is recruited and man you know he's going to be good and you know he's going to be able to make plays etc but you have this guy who's paid his dues.

Oh well, better play the junior before dex because he's paid his dues and Dabo is a team guy... heck no, you play big dex and nobody gives it a second thought. Amiright?

That's exactly how I feel about HJ. You didn't know dex would be that force that he was but he turned out to be. For me,same situation.

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic