Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Break out season?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 7
| visibility 1

Break out season?

Aug 12, 2012, 2:38 PM

Which Tiger player goes form the bench last season to a stud this season.With all the hype around Sammy and Nuke having the years they had last season.I think Charone Peake will be flying under the radar a bit.After a year of learning how to play at this level,with his size and speed.I think Peake will be just as good or even better than any receiver the Tigers have.Its just unreal the talent at the skills positions the tigers have and it's going to be hard to hold them all down.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Break out season?

Aug 12, 2012, 2:58 PM

Yeah I agree. I think Peake will really emerge as one of our go-to receivers. I also think Stephone Anthony will really emerge as a stud linebacker too.

Re: Break out season?

Aug 12, 2012, 3:15 PM

You've definitely got to be encouraged with Peake after the scrimmage.

My guess for a breakout season is DJ Howard. I think he's going to get increased snaps this year - and God-forbid Ellington goes down, we're going to lean on him to make some plays. I think he's hungry to get out there and run some people over.

Yeah, I agree, Peake and Howard will both have big roles

Aug 12, 2012, 3:30 PM

Honestly, Sammy's stats will probably decline some due to defense's keying on him so much, but Nuk and Charone will likely benefit significantly.

No Sane Coach Will Key on Sammy Watkins for Long......

Aug 12, 2012, 8:41 PM

Otherwise, his defense will get burned and buried by another WR or a slot receiver.

Defenses will have to play man coverage or a balanced zone. He might draw double coverage on deep balls, but Sammy will get his share of action.

Corey Crawford***

Aug 12, 2012, 4:46 PM

I think Bryant.

Aug 12, 2012, 8:50 PM

I thought he would come in and make an immediate impact, and he had some big plays, but I guess he just had some issues with the playbook. I'm looking for him to get a lot more snaps.

With his size and speed, we could have our very own Calvin Johnson just waiting to bust loose.

^^THIS***

Aug 12, 2012, 9:54 PM

Replies: 7
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic