Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
FB Update: Swinney gives injury updates for Bryant, Edmond
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

FB Update: Swinney gives injury updates for Bryant, Edmond

Oct 24, 2017, 1:42 PM

Swinney gives injury updates for Bryant, Edmond

Read Update »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Always wondered about Watson's shoulder injury against Cuse

Oct 24, 2017, 1:49 PM

last year. Now we know it was nagging him for several weeks afterwards. However, I bet this won't stop the second-guessers on TNet from questioning KB2 getting the start against Syracuse (and probably GA Tech).

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Re: Always wondered about Watson's shoulder injury against Cuse

Oct 24, 2017, 3:54 PM

Would agree about the 2d guessing about the start and who plays. But I see us TNet faithful also expressing a sincere concern about KB being asked to play hurt past the obvious point where he could protect himself with previously demonstrated size, strength, speed and agility. I hope we don’t see that again.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A Terrible Comparison!

Oct 24, 2017, 11:17 PM [ in reply to Always wondered about Watson's shoulder injury against Cuse ]

A Terrible Comparison: Such statements make me question Coach's judgement. A shoulder injury compared to an ankle injury! An ankle MUST be in great shape to work properly long-term. Having had an ankle injury during football, you must rest it for an extended period and then tape it like crazy to be able to use it effectively. I don't understand such a comparison. Better to let it heal as it needs to before losing the progress made by the few days off. Ankles just take longer!

Re: A Terrible Comparison!

Oct 25, 2017, 8:08 AM

Please tell us how you know more about Kelly's ankle than the trainers and coaches.

I would have thought Marcus would have been turned loose

Oct 24, 2017, 1:55 PM

to go full speed by now. Oh well, better for him to be 100% healthy before mixing it up.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I would have thought Marcus would have been turned loose

Oct 24, 2017, 2:40 PM

if he played any other position he prob would have been turned loose.. but, DB is a spot that you can't have any limitations on the foot due to the need to stop and redirect on a dime.

Re: FB Update: Swinney gives injury updates for Bryant, Edmond

Oct 24, 2017, 2:16 PM

Bryant said he was 85-90% yesterday, as long as nothing crazy happens....he should be close to 100% by Sat night. Rest is the only thing that'll help that ankle, and not practicing at all last week was a big help.

After Watson's Cuse injury, we lost to Pitt.

Oct 24, 2017, 2:31 PM

And Bryant's performance vs. Syracuse also shows that playing an injured player can cost you a loss. Besides, there's a big difference between an ankle injury and a shoulder injury. You don't have to constantly run and cut on your shoulder.

A large part of Bryant's value is his running ability (not his passing ability), so if he can't run & cut (like vs Syracuse), give Johnson a try. It's WRU so it seems like the best passer should be in there. Johnson has been perfect on passing this season. He's 11-for-12 and his one incompletion was when he smartly threw away the ball on a well-covered roll-out vs. Kent St. Every one of his passes has been accurate, with touch, leading the receiver so that they can make easy catches and gain yards after the catch (unlike Bryant & Cooper).

Clemson's pass-efficiency rank is #58 this year. It was #18 last year through 15 games, including FSU and 2 playoff teams.

We are throwing for about 100 yards less per game, and 2 fewer TD-passes per game than this time last year.

Unless Dabo is trying to trick, Paul Johnson, it sounds like Dabo leaning heavily toward starting a hobbled Bryant against GT, like he did vs. Syracuse.

Re: After Watson's Cuse injury, we lost to Pitt.

Oct 24, 2017, 2:46 PM

Thank you Razz! That's what I've been screaming yet getting chastised over here on TNET.

An injured QB does not help us at all. If KB gets injured in a 3rd straight game, he might be put out for the rest of the season. Not a good scenario in any case. That's why I (and most of the folks over on STS *wink wink*) say sit him until he is without a doubt 100%. A bum ankle affects all sorts of issues with a QB.

I think we should take the training wheels off Hunter. He has looked outstanding in limited action. Give the kid a shot and let's see how he does. We always have ZC as a backup if Hunter lays an egg.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah. DW4 had a terrible game against Pitt

Oct 24, 2017, 4:04 PM [ in reply to After Watson's Cuse injury, we lost to Pitt. ]

He only set an ACC record for passing yards that day. smh

^^^ knows what he's talking about...blame the DEFENSE***

Oct 24, 2017, 4:17 PM

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: After Watson's Cuse injury, we lost to Pitt.

Oct 24, 2017, 4:24 PM [ in reply to After Watson's Cuse injury, we lost to Pitt. ]

Losing to Pitt didn’t have much to do with Watson. More so the fault of the defense playing their worst game to date.

I recall a coot real estate agent giving free yards

Oct 24, 2017, 4:40 PM

in bogus penalties. Two of the defensive pass interference calls on us were complete ########.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Oct 24, 2017, 2:39 PM

wealways keep the injury stuff pretty close to the vest.no sense making it easy for the opponent

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Does anyone in country not know KB is injured & where?***

Oct 24, 2017, 11:42 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Kelly Bryant is no Deshaun Watson...***

Oct 24, 2017, 2:45 PM

The Artist Formerly Known as "The FIGHTINGDABOS"

Re: What is the point in even making a comment like this^^

Oct 24, 2017, 3:08 PM

Basically degrading our CURRENT student athlete quarterback.

I mean, why?

Oct 24, 2017, 3:11 PM

Marcus is not playing this week. Maybe next week.

so...Cuse=Hurt Qbs, I See!***

Oct 24, 2017, 3:50 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

“poor kids are just as bright and just as talented as white kids.”

Uh huh...that's what he said about KB before Cuse game.

Oct 24, 2017, 4:16 PM

Sure as heck didn't look like it to me. Maybe have KB practice kicking FGs just to make sure his ankle is okay.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Uh huh...that's what he said about KB before Cuse game.

Oct 24, 2017, 4:28 PM

Yeah. The "ready to roll" statement seems like something we've heard already. I hope Dabo knows this for certain. Obviously, a healthy Cooper/Johnson combo is better than a limping KB. Georgia Tech will not be easy.

Oct 24, 2017, 7:11 PM

Swinney reminds me of Tin Cup

Stubborn

Watson was the offense the past 3 years

Our greatness was Watson and Venerables.

56-7!!!!!!!!!!!***

Oct 24, 2017, 7:26 PM

Oct 24, 2017, 8:27 PM [ in reply to Re: FB Update: Swinney gives injury updates for Bryant, Edmond ]

Brilliant deduction COOTer!!!

These Bryant and Edmund Injury Meters should help!

Oct 24, 2017, 7:32 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Sheez! Here we go again. Immobile running QB to start

Oct 24, 2017, 11:40 PM

Comparing DW and KB is comparing Aaron Rodgers and Tyrod Taylor. Hopefully Tigers will find a way to win ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 25, 2017, 3:00 PM

Thank goodness for a bye week. Wonder if Edmunds will start. Likely won't given Techs running prevalence.

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic