Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Clemson at North Carolina prediction
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Oct 8, 2010, 10:34 AM

Both UNC and Clemson are 2-2 and looking for their first ACC win, and both teams already have a conference loss, so an 0-2 start by the loser will be a hard hole to climb out of. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow - even I picked them to win...

Oct 8, 2010, 10:37 AM

This prediction worries me.

Not me, he picked us to beat Auburn and Miami.***

Oct 8, 2010, 10:39 AM

someone predicting us to lose worries you?

Oct 8, 2010, 10:39 AM [ in reply to Wow - even I picked them to win... ]

When my kids get sick, I get worried.... not when someone predicts a football game.

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

A little melodramatic there. He knows his stuff and picked

Oct 8, 2010, 10:40 AM

us to lose. I am "worried" with football having the proper prioirty in my life. Is that better?

I would argue the "knows his stuff"....

Oct 8, 2010, 10:44 AM

I like Hood and I enjoy his articles... but, IMO...

the predictions are guesswork at best

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Man you are being picky today - all predictions are just

Oct 8, 2010, 10:46 AM

guesswork - correct?

My concern is that he almost ALWAYS picks us to win and this week he is not.

I have picked us to lose the last two games and been correct. He had picked us to win those games... so I guess I should be pleased that he picked us to lose based on that logic.

"His predictions are guesswork". Yes. By definition.***

Oct 8, 2010, 12:16 PM [ in reply to I would argue the "knows his stuff".... ]

Re: I would argue the "knows his stuff"....

Oct 8, 2010, 8:01 PM [ in reply to I would argue the "knows his stuff".... ]

I think that Hoods 2 predictions for us to win Aubums and Miami were good picks. Who would disagree ( besides a coot ) that we would have won those 2 games if, we hadn't shot our own self in the head. Those 2 games were ours to lose, and "WE" did just that. A bad snap, along with a missed short field goal in the last 2 plays of the game, gave that game away by 3. With 6 turn overs to Miami, with 2 of them inside the 20, gave that game by just nine. I truely believe Hoods pick for UNC is a bad pick. And I say that b/c he is gun shy now with good reason. But we win this 1 in Chapel Hill tomorrow. Mark it down !!! Also, mark this down, tar holes won't score no 26 points !!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he hasnt picked a meaningful game correctly yet this year

Oct 8, 2010, 11:06 AM [ in reply to A little melodramatic there. He knows his stuff and picked ]

fwiw

Not me cause Hood is clueless.***

Oct 8, 2010, 10:56 AM [ in reply to Wow - even I picked them to win... ]

Where do you find fault in his assessment of the game?***

Oct 8, 2010, 11:06 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

First Clemson doesn't have the advantage on offense also

Oct 8, 2010, 11:09 AM

the coaching isn't even close. Dabo or Butch? Apparently he hasn't seen our offense play. We can't throw and now they have both saftey's back. NFL saftey's too.

you are wrong***

Oct 8, 2010, 11:14 AM

We will see.***

Oct 8, 2010, 1:24 PM

Re: you are wrong*** ///// As wrong, as wrong can get !!!***

Oct 8, 2010, 8:05 PM [ in reply to you are wrong*** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yeah - gotta give the coaching edge to Davis (Hood even

Oct 8, 2010, 11:20 AM [ in reply to First Clemson doesn't have the advantage on offense also ]

commented on the incredible coaching it took to get UNC to 2-2 with 2 close losses).

However, I think our offense does have the advantage over a UNC defense that's still missing several starters. IF KP doesn't have another off day (like against Miami) - The Tigers have shown they can move the football.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

you are right

Oct 8, 2010, 11:22 AM

I was getting at the offensive assessment... not coaching when I said CT was "wrong"

Yep - KP was missing open receivers against Miami. The fact

Oct 8, 2010, 11:32 AM

that they were open and KP was finding them means The Tigers were doing something right on offense. I think they should be given the edge against a depleted UNC Defense.

Re: Yep - KP was missing open receivers against Miami.

Oct 8, 2010, 6:51 PM

Two huge misses to WIDE OPEN RECEIVERS cost us the Auburn game. However, I think Clemson wins this one.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

heck, we moved the ball against Miami...

Oct 8, 2010, 1:24 PM [ in reply to Yeah - gotta give the coaching edge to Davis (Hood even ]

who has the best defense in the league. Unfortunately, we moved it right in their hands 6 times.

Clemson is the better team even with their starters in...

Oct 8, 2010, 1:24 PM [ in reply to First Clemson doesn't have the advantage on offense also ]

not sure how you can justify saying we shouldn't be expecting to win when they're missing 10 guys.

They're only missing 5 now, not 10.***

Oct 8, 2010, 1:25 PM

nm

Message was edited by: ConnallyTiger77®

No need to Worry...Hood is Clueless

Oct 9, 2010, 4:29 AM [ in reply to Wow - even I picked them to win... ]

Cant you see that by his record thus far? The only games that he has correctly picked are North Texas and PC...My 12 month old could pick those games...

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Based on your season results so far, just flip a coin.***

Oct 8, 2010, 10:52 AM

Re: Based on your season results so far, just flip a coin.***

Oct 8, 2010, 10:56 AM

Based on YOUR season results so far, just flip a coin. Freudian slip there coot ?

c80t, you 'ol tater, i'm glad to see you are still

Oct 8, 2010, 11:27 AM

hard at work chasing potential coot imposters around. Someone has to do this important job.

Re: c80t, you 'ol tater, i'm glad to see you are still

Oct 8, 2010, 8:14 PM

Chasing COOTS is a very hard job untill they type their first 3 words. Job done !!!

YES!!! He picked UNC, so we will win now for sure.***

Oct 8, 2010, 10:55 AM

Infidel! Repent or ride in the rearmost tractorcade...

Oct 8, 2010, 11:30 AM

...behind the cattle and fertilizer carts!

GEE-HAW'D!!

badge-donor-20yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-revdodd.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lol Rev!***

Oct 8, 2010, 12:02 PM

Face the wrath that cometh ye way***

Oct 8, 2010, 12:06 PM [ in reply to Infidel! Repent or ride in the rearmost tractorcade... ]

We do Chicken right...it's not just for frying anymore!

He got it wrong again. Here's my worthless prediction.

Oct 8, 2010, 1:17 PM

I'm a diehard Clemson fan but not an unrealistic homer. I didn't pick us to beat Auburn or Miami. I thought those games would be toss-ups with the edge to the opponent. But I think Clemson puts it all together and wins this one. Here's why...

When Clemson has the ball:
UNC's defense is still too decimated-- even with Williams & Searcy back. Sturdivant is great (but probably not at 100% due to injury). There are some other good guys on run-D, but I think Clemson will be able to run the ball pretty well. In the passing game, if Napier is smart (and Parker complies) they'll dink-n-dunk and pick on UNC's weak cornerbacks all day long, while staying away from the middle of the field where UNC recently returned a couple very good (potentially NFL) safeties. Now that Napier has finally decided to start the younger receivers who can actually catch the ball (Hopkins, McNeal, & Brown), Clemson will actually have a passing threat that will succeed and keep UNC's defense honest enough to let both the running and passing games work. The net result is that Clemson will move the ball (especially if Hopkins' groin isn't hurting too bad).
Advantage: Clemson

When UNC has the ball:
UNC has not run the ball very well. They rushed for 24 yards versus LSU (though they that was with White, before they had Draughn back). But the only rushed for 91 yards versus (2-2) Rutgers in a 17-13 win, with half of those yards coming on 2 runs. Clemson is not Rutgers and UNC will not run the ball very effectively, so Clemson will drop more men into coverage, keep close watch on Pinalto & Highsmith, and make life difficult for Yates. UNC will move the ball in the air, but Yates will also throw a pick or two. I think DMac learned his lesson at Miami and Clemson's defense in general have probably learned from their mistakes and will put together a solid performance.
Advantage: Clemson (relative to when Clemson has the ball).

Special teams:
No big advantage either way. Please don't let McDaniel field punts with a cast on his wrist, and please don't let Jamie "Dancing with the Stars" Harper field kicks.
Advantage: None.

Coaching:
Butch Davis has a CFB championship ring, an NFL Super Bowl ring, and 3 Big East titles. UNC's coordinators with their college and NFL experience are better than Clemson's. And Clemson's HC & OC seem to make just enough newebie mistakes to help lose close games. But for this game against a decimated UNC, they'll be good enough.
Advantage: UNC.

Misc:
Home field advantage at Keenan is negligible. Both teams need a win though Clemson arguably needs it more after two straight losses. UNC may be feeling a bit overconfident after 2 wins over Rutgers & ECU.

Bottom line:
Clemson is a lot better than Rutgers and ECU. UNC is not nearly as good as Auburn or Miami. Clemson wins this one by at least 7 points. If UNC were at full strength, I'd pick UNC. (Hopefully UNC will fire Butch Davis because he is building one heck of a program there.)

when was the last time somebody threw for a lot of yards?

Oct 8, 2010, 1:27 PM

Yeah, we've given up some big plays, but even Miami didn't pass for much over 200 yards on us. There haven't been a lot of games lately where QB's even made it to 200 yards. If we can limit the big play against UNC, I don't see them moving the ball at all.

Wow! I was realy wrong. Our coaches ARE bad enough to lose

Oct 10, 2010, 4:57 PM [ in reply to He got it wrong again. Here's my worthless prediction. ]

Napier was stupid enough to split carries between Ellingon and Harper even though Ellington had been gaining about twice as much per carry as Harper. Steele can't get his DBs to jam the receivers at the line of scrimmage on a 4th & 1. I completely underestimated how poorly our coaches could gameplan and play call.

This is a good omen!!!!!!!***

Oct 8, 2010, 1:44 PM

i agree 100%

Oct 8, 2010, 9:07 PM

until Clemson can prove to the nation and more importantly its fan base, i have lost all confidence in the program and that is sad. i never thought in my lifetime i would think or say that BUT Clemson has show the only thing they are consistent in is beating 2 and 3rd tier schools and losing to good/solid teams.

I don't blame Dabo as much as i do the university. He is way over his head to coach a multi-million dollar business. Clemson is content with having a mediocre team, thats fine, until Clemson shows they can constantly will against good teams and put together a BCS type winning season. I will just sit by and be a fan but i am no longer being financially or emotionally invested in Clemson. after 30 yrs of being a fan i think i have used up all of my patience for the football program.

If Clemson wins against UNC, good for them, they should beat a team that is depleted, but i'm sure they'll show their true colors against FSU, maybe NC St and SC.

Re: i agree 100%

Oct 9, 2010, 12:08 AM

And you are out of your neighborhood. Get it on over back to fgf cootie boy !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

oh cootboy

Oct 9, 2010, 7:25 PM

man you're like the Bruce Lee of insulters. How can i learn from you master.

look you can live in a state were Clemson is fine with sucking, i am not, they just lost to a very average UNC team thats inexcusable. Until the University and program shows they are going to put forth some REAL effort in moving this program UP and not down, well i am not going to show them my MONEY and I will watch some teams that are entertaining and can keep entertained with out me getting emotionally involved.

CLEM-23...UNC-16***

Oct 8, 2010, 11:41 PM

Looks like David was right on this one.***

Oct 9, 2010, 7:50 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic