Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Will there be any future plans to add on to the EAST endzone
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 19
| visibility 1

Will there be any future plans to add on to the EAST endzone

Jul 10, 2013, 3:57 AM

The only thin I could envision is adding two second levels one on each side of the scoreboard. It would give us not only extra seats. But you would still be able to see the buses when they pull up which i know the fans love. The people there wouldnt be able to see the Big scoreboard in the east endzone but they would have a heck of a view when the Tigers pulled up and ran down the hill.

Possible? Anyone? Thoughts?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm trying to picture it. Interesting idea

Jul 10, 2013, 4:05 AM

But wouldn't the people sitting there have a limited view of the scoreboard?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yea thats the only negitive i see then again doesnt everyone

Jul 10, 2013, 5:04 AM

who sits on the east side at an angle have a difficult view.

I mean if the stands where bolstered out a little bit it might be better idk. but there are two other screens on the other side of the stadium too.

If anything you could sell the tickets for extra cheap. All im getting at is you add a couple more thousand to our attendance and increase how loud it gets. Especially if you add those seats you would have a completed bowl affect for noise to echo so it will be louder more than it already does

The bowl effect would be awesome.

Jul 10, 2013, 5:23 AM

It's something for the AD to think about at least. Though I doubt they'd sell the tickets for cheaper price. If they are going to do the expansion they'd want fairly quick reimbursement.

Re: Yea thats the only negitive i see then again doesnt everyone

Jul 10, 2013, 6:48 AM [ in reply to Yea thats the only negitive i see then again doesnt everyone ]

Not a bad idea but I would be happy to sell out our stadium with its current capacity. Adding more seats as of now would lead to just more empty seats. But obviously this would be 10 years out at least since the WestZone isn't even done

Re: Will there be any future plans to add on to the EAST endzone

Jul 10, 2013, 6:14 AM

That is a thought I have had for years. It would make Death Valley a bowl, and it could add many seats, perhaps to the 100K level. I guess my question is, would we fill it up regularly? Heck, we have fans now that don't even bother to show up for games when they have a ticket. I say that until our team and our record gets and stays consistently among the elite for several years, it won't happen.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2013, 6:28 AM

Over the years it has been talked about, someone posted a picture on here how it would look, with the new score board in west end zone and the small ones above the VIP boxes maybe it's in the future
The drawing/picture had the stands beside the Hill to make it look like a valley

Jul 10, 2013, 12:56 PM

I never saw a rendering, but it would be an awesome venue, IMO.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The laws of supply and demand will apply: when the

Jul 10, 2013, 6:27 AM

number of people wanting tickets far exceeds those available consistently over a period of time, then options will be considered. There is, also, what the military calls anticipation: will the University have long range goals on hand, should the demand dictate greater supply?

Adding seats to the east end zone appears to be the most logical, and, frankly, should Clemson keep putting up the winning numbers, then the demand will dictate increased seating. Regardless of any addition, the fan base will insist upon retaining the hill. Should additions be made to the east end zone, then I suspect they will revisit the west zone scoreboard.

Will they or will they not? I only know this: very few people during my years at CU ever imagined upper decks to the south and north stands, much less the WEZ project. Thus, anything is possible....

Re: The laws of supply and demand will apply: when the

Jul 10, 2013, 2:25 PM

Agree. The ticket price indicates the econ department is contributing to the process.

A plan to seat 100K should be on the table now. It doesn't cost much to assign the Architect students a project. That's a resource we don't utilize.

(do i get a point for being the first to accurately use the word 'utilize,' while discussing sports?)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Every since they enclosed the west zone I envisioned the...

Jul 10, 2013, 6:55 AM

N and S stands being brought around to meet the scoreboard. The JUMBOTRONS can be used to capture the buses pulling up to the Hill, and the players will like the closed in feeling that will make their entrance even more amazing!

I also like the idea of adding sun shields to both Upper Decks. You want to talk about LOUD. Close in the East and then put those shields in place and there wont be another stadium in the country that will create the decibel levels of Death Valley!

It would cost a king's ransom to build the sun shades...

Jul 10, 2013, 2:28 PM

but that would be worth the money. We'd probably have to revamp some of the foundation. SO WHAT?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 10, 2013, 9:12 AM

I think it would be awesome to build condo's on top of the hill with a restaurant/patio area that the players walk through from the buses to the rock!

Can you imagine the revenue that would be generated from condos on the hill...walk out to your patio with a view of Death Valley?

Thanks for the Small Business idea buddy, DIBS!***

Jul 10, 2013, 11:25 AM

Dont act like Tom Winkopp hasn't already tried***

Jul 10, 2013, 2:28 PM [ in reply to Re: Will there be any future plans to add on to the EAST endzone ]

I don't think so, it would negatively impact the look of the

Jul 10, 2013, 9:14 AM

stadium and the hill.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

Can't alter the HILL, but more seating where bleachers are

Jul 10, 2013, 9:20 AM

is OK, if done right. However, the last standing tree would disappear..and the view of the steam plant might disappear.

gOTiGERs!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That's true, it's a beautiful tree in the stadium too.

Jul 10, 2013, 9:21 AM

Stadium Suites would like the tree to go away for a better view, haha.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

In a word, no.***

Jul 10, 2013, 10:14 AM

The valley doesn't need additional seating.

Jul 10, 2013, 11:38 AM

In today's climate of HDTV, big screens, ticket prices, etc...

It's hard enough to fill up what they have now. It's not just a Clemson thing. It's all across the country.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

Replies: 19
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic