Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
ESPN could have had the highest ratings for a
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

ESPN could have had the highest ratings for a

Jun 30, 2016, 10:39 PM

college World Series final, but they put it on ESPNU. Terrible. Were more people Interested in Wimbeldon?

A true Cinderella story that had the glass slipper fit. Came out of the losers bracket, beat TCU twice and then ended up having to beat Arizona twice after an extra days rest for Arizona's pitching. Has there ever been a similar story in the last 40 years? Wichita State and Long beach state maybe, but they've always been good at baseball. Certainly not in any of the three major three sports. Congrats.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes more people watch Wimbledon. College baseball

Jun 30, 2016, 10:41 PM

Isn't much of a draw.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that

Jun 30, 2016, 10:53 PM

we'd have the pitchforks out if this was us and it got moved to the U. Also, how excited we'd be if we took the same path out of the loser's bracket and had to beat TCU twice and then the weather delay to beat Arozona twice.

Re: ESPN could have had the highest ratings for a

Jun 30, 2016, 10:56 PM

Fresno State was a #4 seed in their REGIONAL when they won it all a few years ago. Faced six elimination games throughout their run including three in the CWS. What Coastal did doesn't even slightly compare to Fresno St.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yea but Costal is the first team to win it

Jun 30, 2016, 11:09 PM

In their first appearance in the World Series. Plus, most have heard of Fresno State. I doubt if many know where Costal is at.

I'm not trying to defend them, but ot would be like App State or G. southern winning the football championship.

Re: Yea but Costal is the first team to win it

Jun 30, 2016, 11:13 PM

Anybody seen Mike Williams video of the team watch the last out? It's pretty cool to watch

Re: Yea but Costal is the first team to win it

Jul 1, 2016, 7:20 AM [ in reply to Yea but Costal is the first team to win it ]

Minnesota won it in their first.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jul 1, 2016, 5:52 AM [ in reply to Re: ESPN could have had the highest ratings for a ]

Coastal also faced six elimination games, five of which were in the world series. Pretty impressive also.

outside of SC and AZ prob not a big tv rating***

Jul 1, 2016, 12:38 AM

2024 student level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ESPN wanted it primetime, NCAA said no

Jul 1, 2016, 2:41 AM

http://awfulannouncing.com/2016/espn-offered-to-start-cws-deciding-game-in-primetime-and-the-ncaa-turned-them-down.html

Jul 1, 2016, 7:24 AM

It was an NCAA decision, not ESPNs. However, college baseball is simply not popular in tv terms:

2015 WCWS VIEWERSHIP EASILY ECLIPSES BASEBALL'S COLLEGE WORLD SERIES
Details
Category: NCAA I News

Driven by record viewership of the Women's College World Series, the WCWS easily eclipsed the viewership of baseball's College World Series by 31 percent^. The 2015 Women's College World Series — ESPN's 15th year televising the entire event – was the most-viewed Women's College World Series on record*, averaging 1,196,000 viewers (15 games) from May 28 – June 3.

Furthermore, No. 1 Florida vs. No. 3 Michigan's best-of-three WCWS Championship Finals – which Florida won 2 games to 1 — averaged 1,912,000 viewers (June 1-3), the most-viewed WCWS Championship Finals ever.

WCWS Viewers CWS Viewers
Game 1: Michigan-Florida 1,412,000 Game 1: Vanderbilt-Virginia 1,234,000
Game 2: Michigan-Florida 1,865,000 Game 2: Vanderbilt-Virginia 1,332,000
Game 3: Michigan-Florida 2,273,000 Game 3: Vanderbilt-Virginia 1,665,000

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic