Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Dino and Ricky Nelson. From Rio Bravo:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 8
| visibility 291

Dino and Ricky Nelson. From Rio Bravo:

May 22, 2020, 6:02 PM

Walter Brennan on harp.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1uuAjwvtxEM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Dino and Ricky Nelson. From Rio Bravo:

May 22, 2020, 7:55 PM

Good stuff, right there.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

That and El Dorado are my two fav John Wayne flicks. ******

May 22, 2020, 8:14 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: That and El Dorado are my two fav John Wayne flicks. ******

May 22, 2020, 8:17 PM

Me too. Every time I watch one, I say I like that one better than the other. Great movies.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Aren't they basically the same movie?***

May 22, 2020, 9:24 PM [ in reply to That and El Dorado are my two fav John Wayne flicks. ****** ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yea. Rio Lobo on tonight. It’s a lil different.***

May 22, 2020, 9:25 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

aren't all westerns?

May 22, 2020, 10:06 PM [ in reply to Aren't they basically the same movie?*** ]

at least from a wide view.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

interesting... this thread sent me off to read about the

May 23, 2020, 2:51 AM

similarities in El Dorado & Rio Bravo. Either I never realized it or in my mind I blended them together. LOL. I found this:

Both were directed by Howard Hawks.

Both star John Wayne as the strong lead character, of course.

Both have him fighting off a large group of bad guys working for some powerful bad guy -- not uncommon in westerns.

In both movies he has someone locked up in a jail cell and is trying to keep him there.

A lot of both movies takes place in the Sheriff's office/jail.

The supporting cast is where it really gets almost identical. In both movies he's got 3 guys helping him fight. They are:

1. The washed-up drunk of a Sheriff who is the laughingstock of the town, but dries out and redeems himself. (Dean Martin and Robert Mitchum.)

2. The young good-looking kid who is fast with a gun and nicknamed after a state. (Ricky Nelson as "Colorado" and James Caan as "Mississippi".)

3. The grizzled, cranky old jailer who everyone underestimates in a fight. (Walter Brennan and Paul Fix.)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A drunk will run a STOP sign, but a stoner will wait for it to turn green.

Dean Martin was The Man. Underappreciated these days.

May 23, 2020, 7:47 AM

The best was when he'd just sit there and smoke and drink and laugh during the celebrity roasts. Homey'd just sit there with slicked back hair, firing up one lung dart after another.

Those were the days.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg2016_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 8
| visibility 291
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic