Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Rencher coming back
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 21
| visibility 1

Rencher coming back

Jan 10, 2021, 6:45 PM

https://twitter.com/d_rench_/status/1348408209665613824?s=21

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Rencher coming back

Jan 10, 2021, 6:47 PM

Yay!!!

Jan 10, 2021, 6:52 PM

Good leader and culture guy. Plus he brings experience to RB room.

Jan 10, 2021, 6:59 PM

I believe he cause us to lose bowman. How u expect a 5 * talent like bowman who was behind a walkon. Even if rencher knew the playbook sometimes u have to appease those special players. Now rencher is just going to take snaps from another more talented player.

Jan 10, 2021, 7:09 PM

Rencher wasn't the only reason Bowman was 7th in the RB rotation.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Jan 10, 2021, 7:31 PM [ in reply to Re: Rencher coming back ]

I'll take Dabo's culture over this nonsense. You can believe whatever you want to but Rencher had nothing to do with Bowman leaving.

Jan 10, 2021, 7:44 PM [ in reply to Re: Rencher coming back ]

Will Shipley says Hello.

Jan 10, 2021, 9:32 PM [ in reply to Re: Rencher coming back ]

Wait - - I thought Rencher's father's church(New Spring) was funneling Bitcoins to land five star players such as Bowman? Did Rencher not give Bowman all of the Bitcoins he promised him?

Jan 10, 2021, 6:59 PM [ in reply to Re: Rencher coming back ]

I believe he cause us to lose bowman. How u expect a 5 * talent like bowman who was behind a walkon. Even if rencher knew the playbook sometimes u have to appease those special players. Now rencher is just going to take snaps from another more talented player.

Jan 10, 2021, 7:05 PM

Exactly!!! He’ll just be taking snaps away from our future stars like Mafah and Shipley, which isn’t a good thing!

Jan 10, 2021, 7:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Rencher coming back ]

I don’t think trying to appeal to any players ego is the way to go. I believe in Dabo and our coaching staff and the culture they have created. Doing it the right way. We have won TWO National Championships and SIX straight ACC Championships. Are you not entertained?

Yay! How about Will Swinney?***

Jan 10, 2021, 6:53 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2021, 6:59 PM

This is great from a leadership standpoint.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Lack of leadership

Jan 10, 2021, 7:03 PM

Is not our problem

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 10, 2021, 7:19 PM

I don’t blame him. If I was in his shoes and loved to play football but probably not good enough to play in the NFL the next best thing would to play for Clemson. You only live once and due to the circumstances players get a chance to play an extra year I’d selfishly do it. I realize as a fan it clogs up the playing time but he’s a fresh grad who can dream one more year as a player and maybe when another title

Jan 10, 2021, 7:25 PM

Thanks for the positive perspective. Who wouldn’t want to be apart of Clemson football. Only a coot would say otherwise.

Jan 10, 2021, 7:29 PM

I think he is a future coach and will start his career right here.

Jan 10, 2021, 7:30 PM

The reason guys like this are so valuable is because they know the team culture inside and out and because they do everything right in terms of preparation.

What you get out of Rencher is the walking, talking textbook. He is the standard in terms of preparation and execution. He knows the playbook inside and out and does not miss assignments. He knows his blitz pickups inside and out and does not get his QB killed so if protection is an issue he's an instant solution. And he's got the capability of taking miles off your backs in late-game situations; you can pull your 1's and 2's and know the job is still getting competently done. And if a younger back has a question about any of that, Rencher's an extra coach in the locker room. And all the younger players have to do to see how it's supposed to be done is watch him practice.

More importantly the younger players know they can't just coast by on talent alone because there is no one else. They'd better execute. Rencher won't wow anybody with his physical ability but if a young player is fumbling, missing assignments, or blowing blitz pickups and getting his QB rocked, in comes Rencher and it's back to the bench for them. So learn your playbooks, young backs, hit the weightroom, and make sure you're paying attention to securing the football and hitting the right holes, or it's to the bench with you.

Guys like that are worth a ton, to a locker room. They're the glue you build around, and coaches hold onto them like grim death for as long as they're willing to stay.

Yes agreed. In addition to a great team guy and strong

Jan 10, 2021, 8:24 PM

leader on the roster, Rencher’s not ego driven. He’ll take his snaps and do his job, and otherwise support his team. If you want more snaps as a young talent, go get ‘em. The simple truth is that everyone knows the shelf life of a RB is short and there is no reason to wear yourself out taking 25 carriers a game for 15 games over three years.

null

Jan 10, 2021, 9:20 PM [ in reply to Re: Rencher coming back ]

^^^ this ^^^
Are you kidding this is a coaches dream. Everything you said. When he ran 50 yards for the TD, the entire team was stoked. You can't buy that kind of glue. He'll help all the young guns as well as DJU.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great Choice . . . One more ACC Championship

Jan 10, 2021, 7:56 PM

One more victory over the coots . . .

One more year of playing the sport you love at the highest level you can . . .

Get that Masters Degree in hand at no extra cost to yourself . . .

Great Choice!!!!!!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I’m not sure this is a good thing***

Jan 10, 2021, 9:00 PM

Replies: 21
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic