Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
we were so lucky
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 599

we were so lucky

Jun 5, 2019, 1:31 PM

Connelly’s theory started in his season preview of Clemson, where he wrote that, “Clemson wasn’t really 28 points better than Alabama last year,” before going into more detail by pointing out that “the title game’s strange ‘Alabama wins every first down, and Clemson wins every third down and red zone snap’ formula wasn’t particularly replicable.”

In plain English? In a 44-16 loss, Alabama may have actually outplayed Clemson, and was unlucky to lose in the first place.

Madness, right

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wait, we won but it felt like a loss?***

Jun 5, 2019, 1:33 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yea, I am not sure we really won much less beat the ever

Jun 5, 2019, 1:34 PM

loving snot out of them based on stuff I read.

I guess we just need to beat them again. :)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One on talks about the last 10 minutes of the game***

Jun 5, 2019, 1:37 PM

My dyslexia is strong today

Jun 5, 2019, 1:38 PM

No one...*

i wanted 51 bad***

Jun 5, 2019, 1:42 PM [ in reply to One on talks about the last 10 minutes of the game*** ]

i wanted 69 bad

Jun 5, 2019, 1:56 PM

and may have gotten it, not sure. I was hammered after the game.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We both got it.

Jun 6, 2019, 9:09 AM

@6yanAdidas
@9reenr

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

I get what he's saying

Jun 5, 2019, 1:39 PM

Alabama was favored
They were winning at some point in the 2nd quarter
They were running/moving the ball with relative ease

Dang, they had about as many yards as Clemson I think

But 44-16. Turnovers drastically changed the score. Just like when we lost in 2018. They outgained us 261-188, we had 14 first downs, they had 16, but final score was a "blowout" 24-6

It feels like everyone also forgot about the rest of

Jun 5, 2019, 1:52 PM

Alabama's season. They crushed everyone in their path thru 13 straight games. None were closer than three touchdown deficits and most were 5 or 6 TD leads. This was the best Bama team as a whole put on the field in decades.

yeah butt they did that against SEC teams

Jun 5, 2019, 2:22 PM

couldn't handle a ACC finesse team

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

2 turnovers is what I remember.

Jun 5, 2019, 8:33 PM [ in reply to I get what he's saying ]

we had more against them when we beat them the first time, iirc.

Stopping them on 4th downs was huge and fake FG was stupid.

Outcoached and outplayed. Nevertheless, hope we go into the next one with the "leave no doubt" attitude.

Again.

:)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-fatherg-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If you just looks at the stats, I don't disagree.

Jun 5, 2019, 1:52 PM

But points aren't scored from stats. The difference in the game and where Clemson won by a huge margin was preparation, coaching, game plan, and execution of the game plan. Clemson won the plays that mattered, Alabama won the plays that didn't. Clemson was playing chess and Alabama was playing checkers.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Alabama won the plays that didn't [matter]"

Jun 5, 2019, 3:20 PM

Accurate/10

al groh scok***

Jun 5, 2019, 5:11 PM [ in reply to If you just looks at the stats, I don't disagree. ]

you play to win the game***

Jun 5, 2019, 2:13 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-willmo.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cat on a tin roof, dogs in a pile,
Nothin' left to do but smile, smile, smile!!!!

Yards given up means crap.

Jun 5, 2019, 3:03 PM

The only way Alabama was going to stay in that game with us was to score a lot of points. Venables did a magnificent coaching job and basically said dont get beat deep. We gave up the run to keep everything in front of us. Why... basically when they get in the red zone, it squeezes the field. We knew we could completely control the short yardage situations.

We basically were letting them get in to the redzone to tighten the field up and then say ok, now what. Nothing... thats what. They had nothing. They could not beat our line with theirs and they now had their homerun threat eliminated.

Also some amazing things from our defensive sets...

the second interception - It completely confused Tua..and rightfully so. The safety played the underneath while the corner played over the top. That is a bizarre play; you almost always have the safety over the top. Tua saw the safety low and then just launched it. SUCKER! Cornerback turns and sprints back because safety had underneath. Again, perfectly executed perfect play call that is not normal.

the corner sack - this one again is bizarre. You use motion to get a read of what type of defense we are in: man or zone. The cornerback motions with the receiver so more than likely man. But its not, its zone, ok, great disguise. BUT WAIT! Mind blowing time... the motion actually sent the cornerback into the blitz lane instead of the safety. WHAT! That again is highly creative play calling. Tua never saw that coming because there was no one over there to blitz. Corner is moving with receiver so at best he is trying to disguise zone.

TLDR - Venables is amazing and creative. He toyed with them. Yardage meant absolutely nothing and he knew it. Tua homeruns were the only chance they had to keep up with us. Took those away in creative ways that confused the hayull out of Tua.

Our OL and secondary had their best game

Jun 5, 2019, 9:29 PM

Of the year against a talented team. Bama received an ### whipping for 3 quarters. We deserved to win.

You forgot

Jun 5, 2019, 10:13 PM

That brutal SEC Schedule
Notre Dame wasapussy. Oklahoma was a Visigoth.

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

even when you're not being a strange focker

Jun 6, 2019, 10:09 AM

u still a strange focker

44-16 is the only thing that matters.***

Jun 6, 2019, 2:23 PM

Replies: 20
| visibility 599
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic