Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A view on Jimbo Fisher and A&M:
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 26
| visibility 1

A view on Jimbo Fisher and A&M:

Sep 6, 2019, 6:36 PM

TBH, I've never understood why Fisher is considered one of the best coaches. When he left FSU, they were on a strong downward trajectory, and were barely mediocre when he stepped out. He had a very good 3-year run in 2012-2014, but outside of that, it wasn't all that dominant.

As for A&M, they get an awful lot of positive press for a program that's never won their division even once since joining the SEC. Sure, it's hard to be in a division with Bama. But people talk about A&M like they're an established power, when they're no such thing, nor have they ever been.

Finally, yes I know they had a good showing against clemson last year. But they did lose, and that's with their 100,000 fans rooting them on. I wish every time we barely lost to a great team, we could get that kind of love.

Just some things about A&M that bother me. I think they're over-rated, Fisher is over-rated, and Clemson is going to stomp a mudhole in them on Saturday....similar to what usually happens when they play Bama or even LSU.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A view on Jimbo Fisher and A&M:

Sep 6, 2019, 7:20 PM

Fisher is considered one of the best coaches because of his record. He inherited an FSU team that had won only 30 games in the 4 years before Jimbo arrived. Since Fisher became a head coach he has won an average 0f 10+ games a year,won 3 ACC titles, 6 bowl games and one Natty.

Very few coaches have ever started their career faster than Jimbo. So Fisher is viewed as one of the because of the record of success of his team on the field.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2019, 7:32 PM

Jimbo's time at FSU is fairly difficult to evaluate. He clearly improved over the team that he took over and made them into a national powerhouse. However, the downward trend of his final few years can't be ignored. Plenty of reasons to think that he is an elite coach; plenty of reasons to think he's overrated as well.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He has a little kids name. Jimbo LOL and candy was his

Sep 6, 2019, 7:35 PM

wife and she was banging college kids while he was coaching lol

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: He has a little kids name. Jimbo LOL and candy was his

Sep 7, 2019, 7:53 AM

I thought he was bangin' coeds?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

he had Jameis, just like Cheezedik had Cam.

Sep 6, 2019, 7:56 PM [ in reply to Re: A view on Jimbo Fisher and A&M: ]

Cheezedik wasn't a good coach.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Sep 6, 2019, 8:27 PM [ in reply to Re: A view on Jimbo Fisher and A&M: ]

Averaging 10 wins a season is no big deal at a school like FSU. They can out-recruit almost every program on their schedule with the exception of UF, Clemson, and Miami. That's minimum of 9 wins. And we all remember that great 14-year run that Bowden had from 1987-2000, finishing top 5 every year. FSU is an easy place to pile up wins. He had a great two years with Jameis Winston, and then it started to go downhill. I can't get over how a program that he had established and was in year 8 only went 7-6. Also, I remember them losing in 2015 to the worst team that CPJ ever had on the Flats. He stopped beating Clemson, stopped winning championships, and so on. If he was so great, why didn't FSU try harder to keep him in 2017 when he left?

Jimbo is a good coach, but not an elite coach, and not as good as some speak of him.

And he's going to have a tough time winning any championships at A&M. This is a program with a big stadium and great fans, but very low on championships and on-the-field achievement, often considered 2nd-fiddle in their state against UT-Austin. And being in a division with Auburn, LSU, and Bama won't do him any favors.

I'm really big on Clemson winning this game with ease.

Re: Looks to me

Sep 6, 2019, 9:11 PM

like Jimbo may not be that good at judging the "horse flesh". Assistants or players. I think he was just lucky starting out. Good assistants are SO important. As we see, some five stars are more trouble than they are ever worth and can possibly pull a team down. Being a good head coach is a mixture of various talents not just X and Os. But he's not a bad game coach.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

93-27 in 9 years.

Sep 6, 2019, 9:34 PM

Look, I don't like FSU. But it's tough to look at his won loss record and not think he's a solid coach. FSU averaged 7 wins or so the four years before he got there and he gave them an instant turnaround.

I want to kick their tails tomorrow and be done with TAMU for awhile. And while I'm no big Aggie fan, I dislike everyone else in the SEC more. I hope TAMU get good enough to win that league sooner rather than later.

Re: 93-27 in 9 years.

Sep 7, 2019, 9:11 AM

He's a good coach, above-average is where he belongs, but certainly not an elite coach. Mark Richt had similar win %'s over his career, and no one says he was elite.

I'm not saying that Fisher was a bad coach. But he gets an awful lot more credit than he deserves.
People talk about him in the media like he's the next coming of Saban or Bear Bryant.

Geez, when did averaging 9-3 at FSU make someone great?

Re: 93-27 in 9 years.

Sep 7, 2019, 9:22 AM

Sorry, 10-3 average. But that doesn't change my point.

Shoot, Les Miles averaged 10-3 from 2005-2015 at LSU, and he got fired 4 games into Auburn. I've never heard him mentioned as great or elite.

Jimbo is an above-average coach, who caught lightning in a bottle in 2013 with a team stacked with talent, and a very good defensive coordinator during that season. A&M will find out soon enough what they've bought with Jimbo.

He left FSU in a mess before he jumped ship...

Sep 6, 2019, 7:25 PM

He got mad that FSU was starting to do something about the dirty shenanigans his players were doing. And he got mad that he couldn’t compete with us. He is a good coach not a great coach. He won’t win a title at A&M

Re: He left FSU in a mess before he jumped ship...see thats

Sep 6, 2019, 7:30 PM

the thing. He is a quick fix bandaid guy. does not hold it together over the long run.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2019, 7:37 PM

Hey man, just go watch a Sumlin interview, or his team in November and you'll know why we love him

Y'all are gonna learn the hard way....

Sep 6, 2019, 8:46 PM

Jimbo doesn't have integrity and this lack of integrity will be instilled in your players. Before you know it Jimbo will lose control of the team and we'll be reading about all your players who are in trouble with the law. Hope y'all have good lawyers, press corp and the police in your back pocket because you'll need them.

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Y'all are gonna learn the hard way....

Sep 6, 2019, 9:30 PM

A&M better hide the crab legs and wimmens or it could get crazy down there. Jimbo will just look the other way or he might suspend them for the first series of the game.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2019, 11:15 PM [ in reply to Y'all are gonna learn the hard way.... ]

Baylor ain't far from here. We know the risks. But we had idiots in trouble with the law frequently while Sumlin was here. We know Jimbo is no saint, but for years I've felt the same towards all successful coaches. Yes, even Saban, Kirby Smart, and the beloved Dabo. I think they're great at having their lower coaches sweep things under the rug.

Now flame away on me!

What at Clemson has been swept under the rug?***

Sep 6, 2019, 11:33 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: What at Clemson has been swept under the rug?***

Sep 7, 2019, 1:26 AM

Um, if it was swept under the rug, how would we know about it. That's the point. I think a lot of college players get paid, at most major universities.

The rug would be lumpy.

Sep 7, 2019, 7:12 AM

Enjoy your beatdown today.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: What at Clemson has been swept under the rug?***

Sep 7, 2019, 7:11 AM [ in reply to What at Clemson has been swept under the rug?*** ]

i wasnt sure about him. now i realize he’s much better than i thought and worth twice what we’re paying.

I won’t even go into details, but suffice to say it’s based on a LOT of what we’ve seen and what transformed players have said since he arrived. You’ll have a chance to confirmyour position later today.

Sep 7, 2019, 12:06 AM [ in reply to Re: Y'all are gonna learn the hard way.... ]

Fundamental flaw in your statement... Dabo publically deals with misconduct. That itself has been documented with some of his finest talent at the most critical of times. Would have looked on except for that bogus statement.

Sadly, you seem to equate success with foul play. Sounds a bit like jealousy to me.

Enjoy Jimbo.

Alpha Zeb said:

Baylor ain't far from here. We know the risks. But we had idiots in trouble with the law frequently while Sumlin was here. We know Jimbo is no saint, but for years I've felt the same towards all successful coaches. Yes, even Saban, Kirby Smart, and the beloved Dabo. I think they're great at having their lower coaches sweep things under the rug.

Now flame away on me!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 6, 2019, 10:05 PM

Jimbo won a national championship because he had a thug he refused to kick off that team named Jameis Winston ........I have no respect for this thug enabler.....Go Tigers!!!

That team that won the Natty had about 20 first rounders on

Sep 6, 2019, 10:16 PM

it...And he drove it in the ground...

Yep, yep, and yep.***

Sep 6, 2019, 11:00 PM

Sep 6, 2019, 11:09 PM

I'm saying this without looking but wasn't he Les Miles' OC at LSU when they won the NC ?
Seems like he's been a good coach . He's a very good tactician in-game . 4-5 against Dabo is not a bad overall . Not defending his off field stufd because it's well documented and not a good look , but the man can coach a football team .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

He had a good couple of years when he had Winston at qb

Sep 7, 2019, 2:13 AM

Outside of that, he hasn’t really done much

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 26
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic