Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Coots freaking out about two 17 year olds
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Coots freaking out about two 17 year olds

Jul 30, 2014, 4:11 PM

making it in. Their two STARTING cornerbacks are true freshmen waitng on their test scores. This team is favored to win the SEC east. Jeebus their defense is going to be a dumpster fire

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Re: Coots freaking out about two 17 year olds

Jul 30, 2014, 4:20 PM

Hey but they are the youngest team in the country and have the nations longest home winning streak. I think they get spotted a least 3 points a game for that.

Jul 30, 2014, 4:45 PM

Depth at corner is definitely an issue. Corner is one position that a kid can come in and play right away if he has the physical tools. We pretty much run either man or cover 2 defense which is more cover skill than anything.

^^^wrong - unless you have a pathetic d-scheme.***

Jul 30, 2014, 5:37 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ya but these 2 kids are not on the level of Stephon Gilmore.

Jul 30, 2014, 9:25 PM [ in reply to Re: Coots freaking out about two 17 year olds ]

True freshman corners like that are rare. They will not enjoy the same success as him.

Re: Ya but these 2 kids are not on the level of Stephon Gilmore.

Jul 30, 2014, 9:58 PM

Coots dine will be there tteas weakness. Not one starter on that d line would make the 2 deep at clemaon. They will say other wise but I look for that defense to struggle this year. They had a really great run of talent but it is over.. haven't done a good job of recruiting and it about to show. Ward will also show he is no Ellis Johnson.

Our dline is much better and deep.***

Jul 30, 2014, 10:10 PM

"We establish no religion in this country, we mandate no belief. Nor will we ever. Church and state are, and must remain, separate." ~Ronald Reagan

Jul 30, 2014, 5:20 PM

Not exactly correct. Starting corners will most likely be a senior (Williams) and a sophomore (McWilliams). Backups will be a sophomore (Smith) and a bunch of freshmen. Not much experience, but some decent talent.

Don't kid yourself on the defense, defensive line and linebackers will be very good, as will the safeties. We will give up some big plays at corner, no doubt, but this is no dumpster fire. And by the end of the year, they will be solid.

Jul 30, 2014, 5:23 PM

Guy sounded like he was SCAR d-coor. Already knows who starting. Bet thats new to the staff… I agree with guy above me. Williams and McWillams will likely get start for them.

How are you at all confident in your D-line? Especially

Jul 30, 2014, 7:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Coots freaking out about two 17 year olds ]

considering you'll be playing some 3-4, according to Ward, with a DE weighing 260 (IN A 3-4, I remind you)? You guys make me scratch my head sometimes...Ward we be exposed this season.

Re: How are you at all confident in your D-line? Especially

Jul 30, 2014, 8:02 PM

The dline in the 3 -4 will have
Dixon. 274
Surratt 310
Lamin 302

Lol, Surrat is a nose tackle and only weighs 310?

Jul 31, 2014, 1:19 AM

Do you realize that position is usually occupied by the biggest, strongest person on D? Usually 325-330+ lbs. Your 3-4 is still too light. If you're relying on him to draw double or even triple teams, yall are in for a world of hurtin...

Jul 30, 2014, 8:51 PM [ in reply to Re: Coots freaking out about two 17 year olds ]

Yeah 71st in the nation in average yards per rush allowed just screams very good front 7. Can't to see how much it improves after those losses on your DL.

Jul 30, 2014, 10:12 PM [ in reply to Re: Coots freaking out about two 17 year olds ]

Very few freshman are good at corner. 5 stars Hargreaves and Fuller from VT are the exception, not the rule

and alexander will be

Jul 31, 2014, 12:37 AM

;)

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Funny that number 17 keeps showing up.***

Jul 30, 2014, 5:32 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Re: Funny that number 17 keeps showing up.***

Jul 30, 2014, 5:34 PM

At least 63 times

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Funny that number 17 keeps showing up.***

Jul 30, 2014, 5:36 PM [ in reply to Funny that number 17 keeps showing up.*** ]

Coot fans continue to be a delusional bunch. As I have told many people, they are better losers than winners. Their arrogance is off the chart and all they have won is a state championship and mediocre bowl game.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Has anyone else made it in since the last reports from ...

Jul 30, 2014, 6:48 PM

last week that eight may not make it ? just curious ..

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

One of the two they were waiting

Jul 30, 2014, 7:02 PM

on got cleared today and is headed for Cootlumbia. I think they're still waiting to hear on one. Don't know what happened with the other 6.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One of the two they were waiting

Jul 30, 2014, 10:51 PM

Both their corner got in. The Summerville kid did not.

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic