Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
The ACC, The “new” SEC ?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

The ACC, The “new” SEC ?

Apr 9, 2019, 8:40 PM

Well TigerNet Nation ! ... since THE University Of Virginia won Basketball and THE Clemson University won Football, can we get an ACC School to win THE Baseball ? If that happens, is it safe to say THE ACC is THE “new SEC” except they actually make their Student Athletes go to class ?

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: The ACC, The “new” SEC ?

Apr 9, 2019, 8:42 PM

Except UNC!!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 9, 2019, 8:44 PM

I believe you have it backwards. The $EC would like to be like the ACC.

badge-ringofhonor-joe21.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 9, 2019, 9:13 PM

Never want to be like the sec or the new sec.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ACC > sec***

Apr 9, 2019, 9:26 PM

ACC, we just win more!

Apr 9, 2019, 9:28 PM

Nm

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

ACC, we just win more!

Apr 9, 2019, 9:28 PM

Nm

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wish I had more thumbs

Apr 9, 2019, 9:35 PM

So I could downvote this some more. Hope everyone that’s bragging about a team we got smoked by winning a national championship just because they’re in the same conference as us sound just like the coots. Virginia won a championship not the ACC just like Clemson won a championship not the ACC.

boo

Apr 9, 2019, 9:46 PM

ACC Power, ACC Speed, ACC ... I forgot the third one ...

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You make absolutely no sense

Apr 10, 2019, 8:32 AM

Of course Conference matters ! Not going to write a book and explain why to probably a second years smart #### frat boy.

Nice try

Apr 10, 2019, 8:52 AM

Other than TV rights which we could get from anywhere, what benefit is it being in the ACC? Where 75% of the teams don’t care about football and likely will never be more than a fringe top 25 program at best, most of the fans don’t care to watch or show up, mainly focus on basketball when football is a bigger revenue generator. When it comes to creating revenue Clemson, FSU, Duke, and UNC are pretty much carrying everyone else on their backs. And we make fun of coot fans for trying to brag about their conference when they haven’t won anything when that’s exactly what you’re doing bragging about UVA.

Anyone that says “we” when referring to their conference is someone who’s school hasn’t had enough success to stand on their own merit, which is cootish.

ACC is one of the prestige Conferences in the Nation

Apr 10, 2019, 2:25 PM

All of the schools are academically very good (L'Ville is getting there). I argue B10, ACC are the best OVERALL Conferences, academics and sports. Granted Ivy League is the best academic, but of course the Sports are just a mild curiosity

Re: ACC is one of the prestige Conferences in the Nation

Apr 10, 2019, 2:41 PM

What benefit do I get from Duke being a good school? Conference affiliation in academia means even less than athletic conference affiliation. Clemson has a strong enough athletic program and strong and improving academic rankings that we can stand on our own without having to tout being a member of a conference. That’s for people that have to derive pride and worth from the accomplishments of other institutions they’re loosely connected with.

Re: ACC is one of the prestige Conferences in the Nation

Apr 10, 2019, 2:52 PM

Actually, a lot.

Even in sports, being a "peer institution" is important for a major University. When universities "measure" themselves, it is all about our peers. While Duke/Wake are the least similar of the traditional ACC schools, the collaboration does extend on the academic level to those schools.

For example, my dissertation committee was (UNC, Cal, GT, and MIT). So it is common that those conference affiliation is more than just sports. You can a "trade" of sort in resources and knowledge within those circles.

Next, Barker's top-20 push was in part a mechanism to being us into a more competitive ranking within our athletic footprint. I remember him point to "successful" athletic programs were more often than not in that top 20 ranking. Not a bad approach and Clemson is reaping a lot of what Barker sowed.

Apr 9, 2019, 9:47 PM

Who care about the acc or sec

Apr 9, 2019, 9:49 PM

Nice try coot

Apr 10, 2019, 8:38 AM

We are literate. (jury is still out on Louisville, but at least they know the letter "L")

As much as I liked the ACC being a southern conference

Apr 10, 2019, 8:54 AM

thought the conference would start to dominate the others when they became the entire east coast conference and not just split the southern region with the SEC.

YUGE mistake ACC made was not letting WVU in

Apr 11, 2019, 4:29 PM

Without writing a book ... the natural rivalries made was worth it alone. Remember a lot of snobbery back then, WVU not worthy and all that ... so we got L’ville, the “Harvard” of Kentucky ?

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic