Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
YOUR CHILD ISNT SPECIAL
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 30
| visibility 1

YOUR CHILD ISNT SPECIAL

Feb 13, 2018, 10:32 AM

In fact, I would be willing to bet they are downright below average in most respects and their absence would hardly even be noticed in the event they ceased to exist this very moment.

I think this would be a good starting point for most of you. The minute you can come to terms with this reality, the easier life will become.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: YOUR CHILD ISNT SPECIAL

Feb 13, 2018, 10:33 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-classof1994.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Why do dogs always race to the door when the doorbell rings? It's almost never for them.

Feb 13, 2018, 10:35 AM

Hard concept for most parents to accept. I had to have a similar conversation with my son and it seems to have lit a fire under him.

When I learned that the would didn't actually revolve around me

Feb 13, 2018, 10:37 AM

And my needs, I began to understand how insignificant all of us really are. And I do mean all of us.

Maybe it's just me, but there is no more liberating feeling in the world.

Life becomes much more precious when you realize you aren't entitled to any of it.

World******

Feb 13, 2018, 10:38 AM

Re: World******

Feb 13, 2018, 10:55 AM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: World******

Feb 13, 2018, 11:09 AM [ in reply to World****** ]

Donate and miss use of a word (would-world) are never a problem. Because as a donor, you are allowed to go back, make corrections, and re-post in an instant!!! ;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have to ask

Feb 13, 2018, 11:24 AM

What % of commission are you making?

;)

You're right though, time to pony up. Second season on the bored. Time to take off this redshirt baybay!

I laugh when people are like, my kid had a 4.7 GPA and

ranked #4 at _______ High School. That actually means very little.

You have to separate these kids based off standardized test scores. That sucks and is zero indicator on your kid's success in college, but you have to weight SAT scores over every other metric.

There's not enough time to interview every child, as that would be the best way to do it.

That's not true***

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Getting a 4.7 at my high school was a breeze. My wife,

Feb 13, 2018, 10:48 AM

on the other hand, went to some fancy private school where stuff was weighted completely differently a 4.7 would be impossible.

The top 20 people at her high school would've probably all been valedictorian where I went.

You have to separate by standardized testing primarily. My buddy made a 1600 on SAT, but barely made a 3.0 at Clemson because he did not care and just partied. Had other friends who barely were accepted but made a 4.0.

Test scores aren't a great indicator of success, but I don't know how else you separate these people.

I'm not in admissions so I can only guess based off history

Feb 13, 2018, 10:55 AM

The following are considered:
Test scores
Class ranking
Geographical location
Special skill set (athletes especially)
Extracurricular activities
And good old fashion nepotism

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Couldn't agree more, wish I could give this a 100 TUs

Feb 13, 2018, 10:56 AM [ in reply to I laugh when people are like, my kid had a 4.7 GPA and ]

"My child just isn't a good test taker " Is the absolute worst excuse in the book and I get so tired of hearing that. Anybody can have a 4.0 or higher in high school, It really means close to nothing

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Couldn't agree more, wish I could give this a 100 TUs

Feb 13, 2018, 11:30 AM

Agreed. Don't they have to take tests in those classes to get over 4.0? I've been out of school for a while. Do teachers just hand out A's now?

Yeah Mr and Mrs Lawrence. Your kid ain't special.***

How do you know Trevor is even a good person?

Feb 13, 2018, 10:43 AM

No, I mean seriously, the kid could be a terrible human being.

You're going to correlate his ability to throw an inanimate object with being "special"?

I think you misinterpret my argument. Trevor isn't special. I'm not special. You're not special.

We just...are. None of us had control over our genetics or the circumstances which we were brought into this world under.

I don't know Trevor, and I'm sure he's a fine young man, but the fact is he is prone to the same logical fallacies and moments of weakness as the rest of us.

The kid can throw the heck out of a football, but no, he's not special. Nobody is.

There are special and wonderful things in this world. But they certainly aren't the ugly mugs of the human race. Lol.

Oh no, Trevor is special. .which is why no1 gives

Feb 13, 2018, 10:51 AM

A turd about his scores or his class rankings.
Dabo's son's are special which is why no1 gives a turd about their test scores or athletic ability.

All kids are special. ..just not to all people.

Clemson football is special to me but I doubt any 1 in Oregon gives a turd.

People whine all the time when the football team doesn't beat every1 by 50.

These people just got some bad news. Let em whine...

Pigs of those daughters

to determine if they're special.

Not True!! We're from Lake Wobegon, SC***

Feb 13, 2018, 10:42 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

You are primarily speaking to fellow Clemson fans

Feb 13, 2018, 10:45 AM

And, many are Alumni. Do you still want to stand by your statement that the children of Clemson are mostly below average? Blasphemy!

Btw, I get you point, but think that most children are average, not below average. That's its definition.

For the record, I said they "weren't special", not

Feb 13, 2018, 10:52 AM

That most people are below average. Below average "in many respects".

I'll not only stand by that statement, I'll take it to the grave.

If you are a parent or child who thinks you're unique or special, then you're part of the problem.

Was actually just being funny

Feb 13, 2018, 11:17 AM

I understand your point, but was trying to say Clemson is special. But go ahead, take it to the grave!

;)

Feb 13, 2018, 11:27 AM

I just realized in a Walking Dead scenario things become a little more unclear as to which ideas I'm taking with me and which I'm leaving behind...

But but but

Feb 13, 2018, 10:53 AM

MY child has a 4.0 and has ok test scores And volunteers at homeless shelters and just really really wants to go to Clemson more than everybody else. Clemson owes it to us and if they don't let my child in well then screw Clemson and they are missing out

Lol, These crybaby parents are insufferable

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Come to think of it, maybe I am completely misinterpreting

Feb 13, 2018, 10:58 AM

Their use of the word "special"

Maybe they are special after all...

ALL CHILDREN ARE SPECIAL!!!***

Feb 13, 2018, 11:10 AM

My children are very special, intellectually, spiritually,

Feb 13, 2018, 11:18 AM

creatively, academically, and otherwise. They could have gone anywhere they wanted to, but they chose Clemson because it is special also.

I wish there was more to deciding who gets to go to that special place than just SAT scores and GPA, but it's really the only objectively "fair" way to do it.

I feel bad for those who really want to go to Clemson but can't (for any reason); but then again, the world just ain't fair.

Feb 13, 2018, 11:20 AM

Your post isn't special ??

DB23

For the sake of unity, I will rephrase my argument: "Children are

Feb 13, 2018, 11:29 AM

special...

to their parents."

I don't know who you are, and I don't know what started this

Feb 13, 2018, 11:31 AM

But I wholeheartedly agree with you.

There seems to be more and more people feeling entitled these days, and I don't know where it started.

Maybe the rise of political correctness.

I don't know.

All I know is that I have to work hard at everything I've accomplished in life. That's how I was raised. That's how I'm wired. That's how I'm trying to raise my kids.

Didn't you know?

Feb 13, 2018, 2:05 PM

Everybody is special and deserves an award.

Duh.

Replies: 30
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic