Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Munson pronunciations (or lack thereof)
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Munson pronunciations (or lack thereof)

Sep 3, 2017, 8:30 AM

shocked to hear we have a player named Furrrulll on defense and I tight end named Richards... if the best is the standard, is it too much to ask to get the player's names right?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Munson pronunciations (or lack thereof)

Sep 3, 2017, 8:32 AM

I listened to the post game and forget how bad he is. nm

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2017, 8:34 AM

Meanwhile we lost Castrocine to Washington and he was a million times better. Munson has no business calling Clemson games

Amen. Don't know who he has the goods on, but geez***

Sep 3, 2017, 8:49 AM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

??this

Sep 3, 2017, 8:51 AM [ in reply to Re: Munson pronunciations (or lack thereof) ]

or at least just not fire Yanity. sure "orange in the end zone" was cheesy but he was better than what we have now

Re: ??this

Sep 3, 2017, 12:11 PM

I was always a fan of the orange in the end zone

Re: ??this

Sep 3, 2017, 12:54 PM

me too. I didn't find it cheesy at all.

Who is taking over basketball then? Thank goodness Ch.7

Sep 3, 2017, 12:35 PM [ in reply to Re: Munson pronunciations (or lack thereof) ]

and Yannity are doing the football highlights show. Not sure to what extent Yannity will be involved as Munson will be their too but I always thought Ch. 7 did a nice job with the Wofford show. Thought it always looked better than ours. Looking forward to see the new Dabo show on WSPA TV 7 Monday night @ 7:30 in the upstate.

i didn't hear it and

Sep 3, 2017, 8:49 AM

Richards is obviously wrong but that is the way Ferrel is pronounced

Message was edited by: tigertown26®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Tigertown

Stop hating on Munson. Jim Phillips did the same thing !

Sep 3, 2017, 9:15 AM

Munson hating is so Three Seasons Ago !

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Stop hating on Munson. Jim Phillips did the same thing !

Sep 3, 2017, 10:25 AM

I'm sort of with you. We just have to learn to accept it as it doesn't appear to be changing anytime soon.

Now, for Munson vs. Phillips?

- both love(d) Clemson.
- both are capable of mispronouncing names, because most of us humans do that from time to time
- Phillips was smooth and extremely professional on the air. Simply wonderful. Munson - I don't wish to be unkind, so I won't say anything more.

That long and still bad. Just proves broadcasting is a

Sep 3, 2017, 12:43 PM [ in reply to Stop hating on Munson. Jim Phillips did the same thing ! ]

talent and not a learned trade. Jim was the best and Clemson through and through period! You could just turn on the radio and tell if Clemson was winning or losing by his tone of voice.

Re: Stop hating on Munson. Jim Phillips did the same thing !

Sep 3, 2017, 6:46 PM [ in reply to Stop hating on Munson. Jim Phillips did the same thing ! ]

Munson sounds like a high school science teacher so it sounds so dumb when someone that sounds so proper is butchering names and trying to explain the game overall

My bigger concern than the dying medium of radio

Sep 3, 2017, 10:31 AM

Is Dale Gilbert. Who will replace him one day? Who was the stadium announcer before him?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

Sep 3, 2017, 10:52 AM

10 times better than the duds on TV.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2017, 11:08 AM

lol you goobers would complain if they hung you with a new rope, nothing to complain about the game so hey lets pile on munson. guess yall aint ever heard that crew in columbia.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2017, 11:26 AM

You mean goob and er they are two real clucks!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cant believe anyone actually listens to the radio broadcast since they've hired Munson

Sep 3, 2017, 11:36 AM

I'm very thankful there are many other mediums to follow the game in this day and age. I will not tune in to Clemson radio broadcasts that have Munson on them. I hope many others do the same.

And like the earlier poster stated, we had an amazing basketball announcer we let Washington take trom us while we have a 2-bit hack for a football announcer, all because his nose stays brown.

#1 Fan of Clemson Athletic Marketing Team

Re: Cant believe anyone actually listens to the radio broadcast since they've hired Munson

Sep 3, 2017, 11:50 AM

Don't blame Munson, he did not hire himself. The head Raddish did, he dismissed the other crew because he wanted the play by play to be done by a Clemson employee, ergo like he did at GTEC. As long as he calls the shots it won't change. As far as listening to the game I use to enjoy listing to the Clemson broadcast on the radio and watching the game on TV.I find that impossible to do now due to the 15-20 second difference between radio and TV. So I just watch the game on TV.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I have to work on the road on Saturdays sometimes

Sep 3, 2017, 12:19 PM [ in reply to Cant believe anyone actually listens to the radio broadcast since they've hired Munson ]

sometimes I don't have a choice. It's not even that big of a deal really, I just think we could do better. it's been 14 years and I'm still missing Jim

My biggest gripe listening to him on radio is not being able

Sep 3, 2017, 12:02 PM

to follow the plays very well. He doesn't paint much of a picture, and it's not until the play is fully over that you can gather how much it gained, or lost. Something will sound like it's picking up 10 yards via description that turns out to be a one-yard gain. It's just not clean like radio ought to be considering.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

YES! He struggles to tell us the yards gained or lost and

Sep 3, 2017, 6:39 PM

it wastes a ton of time. Not a smooth broadcast is a good way to say it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 3, 2017, 6:19 PM

Listened to the USuC game on the ride home and Todd Ellis makes Munson look great.

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic