Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
CU Defensive Line 2019 - Thoughts
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

CU Defensive Line 2019 - Thoughts

Oct 27, 2018, 8:37 PM

My concern, DL will be so so, but not great. What is BV got up his sleeve. We’re loosing a bunch of great players.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We will be stacked***

Oct 27, 2018, 8:37 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

so so? Really? Have you seen our young guys

Oct 27, 2018, 8:38 PM

this season when they get to play? That group is still better than most D1 starting D lines. We will be fine.

2024 free_orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: CU Defensive Line 2019 - Thoughts

Oct 27, 2018, 8:38 PM

So so? You cannot read a depth chart as the d-line will be very good once again.

Oct 27, 2018, 8:39 PM

Pinckney and WIlliams will more than likely get the starts unless Big Dex comes back. XT, Henry, Rudolph and Foster at the DE spots, and Xavier Kelly could breat through at DT, along with Jefferies, incoming freshmen Logan and Johnson. Will definitely be young though, same at LB. Wish Lamar would come back, but don't know.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

backups are getting lots of playing time with little drop

Oct 27, 2018, 8:40 PM

off . The power rangers will be missed but we will be fine

Oct 27, 2018, 8:41 PM

A whole year of experience and an offseason in the weight room??

Our defense won’t miss a beat!

Go Tigers!!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You're "loosing" some brain cells

Oct 27, 2018, 8:50 PM

And your team's LOSING to Tennessee right now.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Oct 27, 2018, 8:52 PM

Great at DE but dicey at DT possibly.

Oct 27, 2018, 9:03 PM

We're going to score 50 a game next year so that should help if there is any drop off.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You must not have watched the same game as me 'cause I saw

Oct 27, 2018, 9:11 PM

the backups running wild in the FSU backfield. Xavier Thomas, Jordan Williams, and Xavier Kelly all had sacks (the backups had 4 of our 5 sacks today, including Huggins, who's a senior).

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Huggy Bear needs more love.

Oct 27, 2018, 9:37 PM

He could have easily transferred and started somewhere to improve his draft stock.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Huggy Bear needs more love.

Oct 27, 2018, 10:15 PM

Absolutely, mad respect for him sticking around knowing who he has to play behind. Deserves a lot of love!

The starters will be great, but we won't have the luxury

Oct 27, 2018, 9:35 PM

of the type of depth we've had. DE will be XT and KJ Henry with experience behind them. At DT I think Nyles Pinckney is going to surprise some people next year to go with Xavier Kelly.. We will probably need Tayquon Johnson to be ready to play on day one, or recruit another monster DT. Hope he's an early enrollee.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2008_ncaa_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-clemsonpoker489.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 27, 2018, 10:55 PM

There'll be a slight dropoff, but still top 10 in he country. No disrespect to the current 4 NFL studs (5 if you include Huggins), but does anyone else think XT is going to be better than all of them? I legit think the 2021 NFL draft could see TL and XT go #1 and #2

Fascinating Post - 2019 DL Rebuild

Oct 27, 2018, 10:55 PM

1) Would have loved for loyal Huggy to have redshirted to play 2019.
2) It's crazy talk, but maybe Big Dex comes back. Doubt it but CW #42 & CF #99 surprised.
3) We have talented DE's for miles. Question is DT's.
4) Nyles Pinckney, So, 6'1" 300, is already in DT rotation.
5) XT, Fr 6'2" 260, and KJ Daniels, 6'4" 250, look like future stars, but who is still growing?
6) Justin Foster, So 6'2" 260, listed as 2018 LB (and playing DE), could play DE or DT.
7) Jordan Williams, RS Fr, 6'4" 310, looks like a prime DT candidate.
8) Xavier Kelly, RS So, 6'4" 270, will get his shot at DT rotation.
9) Justin Mascoll, Fr, 6'4" 255, looks like a potential DT candidate.
10) Darnell Jefferies, Fr, 6'2" 275, will get a look at DT rotation.
11) Look for some LB's to get a shot at DE rotation incl. Shaq Smith, RS So, 6'2" 255.

My take is DS and BV have recruited so many DE's with speed & power knowing some would grow over 2-3 yrs and become DT's. Look for some big-boned DE's to be encouraged to gain more weight over off-season and move to DT.

There will be a drop-off at D-Line in 2019 due to immense talent of 2018 Power Rangers. Size of DL will shrink significantly. DL will be potentially faster but susceptible to being pushed around by large road grader O-linemen which does not happen in 2018. In ACC it will not matter on most downs, and LB's will be huge especially if Tre Lamar stays.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Fascinating Post - 2019 DL Rebuild

Oct 29, 2018, 12:05 AM

Nice assessment. At DT I see Jordan Williams becoming a star. His explosiveness is off the charts and he is still growing.

Oct 27, 2018, 11:00 PM

Your DL looked stellar against UT tonight so you shouldn’t worry.

Jordan Williams is a stud at DT. Nyles is

Oct 27, 2018, 11:33 PM

Very good. XT will likely stay at DT and is a really good athletic big guy getting valuable experience since moving there this year. He will be around 300 by next fall. Also wouldn’t be surprised if we didn’t move another DE down to go with the FR coming in as we are loaded at DE. Some of the FR will play, I also expect XT to get some inside work. Think how Wilkins played tackle and end.

Most of the freshman are going to be DT’s

Oct 29, 2018, 7:40 AM

Ruke is a DT but will need a year. Cash likely going to DT because he doesn’t have the athleticism at DE that we normally recruit but could be a beast on the inside with his great technique. Johnson is raw, but has the size and athleticism. Also would guess Saturday might’ve wrapped up Tyler Davis for us who is the next Grady Jarrett. Williams will only be better next year. Kelly needs to add like 20-30 lbs but very impressed so far. Pinckney is good and Jeffries should be ready to at least contribute next year.

Oct 27, 2018, 11:41 PM

I'm not too worried. We will put the bricks back in that wall.

I know this much, Huggins looks #### hungry every play he's in there.

A couple nice stops behind the line by our backups today.

Fraking hopeful coot. bahahahahahahaaa***

Oct 28, 2018, 12:19 AM

Xavier Thomas, KL Henry---------------Nuff said!!!!!***

Oct 28, 2018, 6:45 AM

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic