Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Xavier Thomas
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 40
| visibility 1

Xavier Thomas

Sep 14, 2017, 5:37 PM

I am not gonna throw out click bait on you to get hits, I am just gonna tell you like it is. XT has always been up front with me, and we have a good relationship and that's why I've been able to get good stories when no one else has. Right now, I haven't heard anything from him, but I have reached out to him and a few other people to see what kind of truth there is to everything.

As SOON as I hear something, I will pop it up on the board so you will know. Until then I will keep texting and calling.

badge-seniorwriter.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Xavier Thomas

Sep 14, 2017, 5:45 PM

My breath is bated....

Message was edited by: Powderpaws®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 14, 2017, 5:50 PM

Thanks David. Really hope it is just a rumbling but hey if he wants to join 100 years of futility in Columbia. Have at it. One player does not make Clemson

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

So what your saying is, stay by our computers?

Sep 14, 2017, 5:51 PM

TIA

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

This is not originally my idea but

Sep 14, 2017, 5:53 PM

I could easily see XT contacting Clemson to let him know he wanted to go on a visit to SCar while in SC only to get push back on the whole "no visits" policy. I could see something like that coupled with the fact that SCar has actually been winning games as well which further would pique XT's interest in reconsidering his childhood favorite team.

I have no insider knowledge, but it seems pretty plausible and I'm sure there's more to it than that - if anything. I just hope it's a temporary spat and that it all gets sorted out before signing day.

Sep 14, 2017, 5:56 PM

Remember that tweet from a few months back, "to those who think I'm going to flip... NO CHANCE" with the Arnold gif?

He deleted it from his feed earlier today.

Sep 14, 2017, 5:57 PM

Remember him recruiting his @ss off for our other top targets? Yeah, that can't be "deleted."

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 14, 2017, 6:00 PM

I certainly do, but something has happened. I'm not sure what, but I think we'll know more soon.

Sep 14, 2017, 6:01 PM
IMG_5386.PNG(225.0 K)

Just checked his twitter. This top teeet pinned

Sep 15, 2017, 12:05 AM

What does pinned mean on Twitter

yea, even as of yesterday. he was hitting up recruits

Sep 14, 2017, 6:11 PM [ in reply to Re: Xavier Thomas ]

about coming to clemson. hit up asa martin with the yards we held auburn to. saying it's not to late to change your mind. let's not forget is uscjr winning games or being handed games? 104th in the country on offense and 115th on defense. that's pretty bad.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Every tweet of his before 4/20 appears missing

Sep 14, 2017, 6:18 PM [ in reply to Re: Xavier Thomas ]

except for the pinned one from 4/8 for his commitment. Either they are inaccessible due a twitter glitch, or he's deleted a bunch of history. I'm not a twitter expert. There might be a way to do this in an automated method.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Sep 14, 2017, 6:09 PM

reading between the lines with teenagers, it does seem a little odd that he has changed that Clemson twitter header, and the profile pic he posted last weekend in the uniform.. It is what is is tho.. The kid has amazing talent and I definitely want him to be a Tiger.. But something about all this has me pretty pessimistic about that happening right now...

Sep 14, 2017, 6:19 PM

I think he may want to take some OVs (SCar this weekend among them?), and as per Dabo's policy, he'd have to decommit to do so. This might be a Shaq Smith 2.0.

Sep 14, 2017, 6:26 PM

If anything this is probably what might happen. It doesn't make sense to be on campus and see a dominate performance by our defense, even tweet that you can't wait to play on that D line, and then all of the sudden decommit.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Personally I'm not worried

Sep 14, 2017, 6:16 PM

He has been and continues to be an ambassador for Clemson Athletics.

But give the young man his due, he wants to be courted, given the preferential treatment and told he's awesome. Which we already know.

But at the end of it all he's a Tiger, a Clemson Tiger!

If it does turn out that he flips, how in the world can he

Sep 14, 2017, 6:23 PM

be recruiting so hard one day and then flip. How long has it been since he has been to Clemson and has he no-showed for any trips to Clemson lately.

Re: If it does turn out that he flips, how in the world can he

Sep 14, 2017, 6:24 PM

Yeah, the timing is very strange.

Re: If it does turn out that he flips, how in the world can he

Sep 14, 2017, 6:47 PM

To keep with the spirit of looking into every little recruiting detail.. I remember watching this and thinking it was interesting that he almost said USC.. At first I thought it was just a slip up, but now all this is coming out and it just seems that much more interesting...

Check out 3:13 of the video..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7WhZXRbCU3M

He might be playing video games

Sep 14, 2017, 6:26 PM

https://twitter.com/atxlete/status/908050355832926208

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and doggone it, people like me.

Re: He might be playing video games

Sep 14, 2017, 6:28 PM

Or just a well planned buffer... with this dropping, he knew coaches, media, etc. would be blowing his phone up.

Couldn't help but think the same...***

Sep 14, 2017, 6:48 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was 6 my Mother let me have a kitten. It died. Don't send prayers, a TU is better." - tugalooriver circa 2022

Re: He might be playing video games

Sep 14, 2017, 10:04 PM [ in reply to Re: He might be playing video games ]

people say that all the time about 2k, i’m about to play and i feel the same

He took down "Clemson Commit" on his Instagram page

Sep 14, 2017, 7:21 PM

A few mins ago for whatever that's worth.

I guess he wants to visit which means he can't really call himself a commitment.

Re: He took down "Clemson Commit" on his Instagram page

Sep 14, 2017, 7:48 PM

Still shows up for me

Instagram. Used to be on front page. Who knows.

Sep 14, 2017, 7:54 PM

Long way to go. Prob wants to take some visits.

Re: He took down "Clemson Commit" on his Instagram page

Sep 14, 2017, 7:58 PM [ in reply to He took down "Clemson Commit" on his Instagram page ]

Still says clemson commit right there in his header

Think maybe you're looking at Twitter***

Sep 14, 2017, 8:16 PM

The bottom line folks.....

Sep 14, 2017, 7:26 PM

Is that XT can take visits and do whatever makes the young man happy. But barring injury; it will be Trevor Lawrence that continues the Natty tradition for Clemson during the years XT will be playing college ball. QB's like Trevor bring home the bacon!!! As good as the Clown was he could't do much in the way of titles for the Coots. One DE does not a Defense or team make no matter how exceptional but a QB like DW or TL can make it happen especially with the talent and coaching that Dabo surrounds them with. If I were a recruit with aspirations to win a National Title and get recognized on National TV regularly (like every week) then I wouldn't want to miss my seat on the Clemson bus because it is going places unlike those found in Cootville; Athens; Gainesville and Knoxville. Don't see XT giving up his seat especially after what Venables threw out on the field against Aubie. Just saying......

we really need the coots to lose sat.***

Sep 14, 2017, 7:30 PM

Re: we really need the coots to lose sat.***

Sep 14, 2017, 7:34 PM

I'm they've been out gained each of their games, I really hope the horseshoe falls out their ### in a big way.

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Sep 14, 2017, 7:35 PM

How bout just leave the kid alone and let the coaches do the recruiting.

Seems like click bait to me...

Sep 14, 2017, 7:40 PM

Is this click bait?

I clicked???

Go Tigers!!!

Looks like I picked the wrong day to quit sniffin glue***

Sep 14, 2017, 7:47 PM

Surely you must be joking!****

Sep 14, 2017, 7:58 PM

NM

Re: Surely you must be joking!****

Sep 14, 2017, 8:19 PM

He isn't joking, and don't call him Shirley.

Sep 14, 2017, 8:45 PM

Any chance you guys could merge all XT topics into this one. The mange freaking out and creating 50 topics about this could make us all look like insecure adolescent girls.

maybe he just want's to go to the game...

Sep 14, 2017, 8:52 PM

knows that if he goes the vultures will spin it to hell... told the coaches and all is good.

he ain't flippin.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I dont think he's going anywhere

Sep 14, 2017, 10:45 PM

https://www.diehards.com/clemson/clemson-recruiting-xavier-thomas-recruiting-other-players

Come on, David Hood, XT is NOT flipping

Sep 14, 2017, 10:49 PM

Maybe he wants some headlines, but he's NOT flipping.

PERIOD

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The definition of awesome!

Re: Come on, David Hood, XT is NOT flipping

Sep 15, 2017, 1:37 AM

I have a bad feeling we could possibly get Nkendiched. Maybe the Nkemdiche deal is the biggest reason we are worried. I don't want to lose XT- especially to those chickens.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 40
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic