Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
1st and Goal Alabama
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 1

1st and Goal Alabama

Jan 21, 2019, 4:14 PM

The Greatest Offense Ever on the Greatest Team Ever vs Clemson's Defense that's "just a bit over-matched" and "will definitely feel the affect of not having Dexter Lawrence this time" against Saban's Tide. Lets watch

1st and Goal: Xavier Thomas speed to the corner

2nd and Goal: Kendall Joseph with the big time stuff

3rd and Goal: Christian Wilkins is good

4th and Goal: LOL

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

Nice. Alabama’s last gasp.***

Jan 21, 2019, 4:18 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

But, but...

Jan 21, 2019, 4:19 PM

If they weren't soooo tired from that tuff SEC schedule, I'm sure they could have punched it in!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: But, but...

Jan 21, 2019, 6:02 PM

Yeah, but last year, when Bammer got a bye not even making it to their own conference championship, no one in the SEC talked about the extra week's rest and prep and one less game played. They were just the better team. Roll Tide ? .... more like Roll Tears. Cry me a river!!

Re: But, but...

Jan 21, 2019, 8:09 PM

Second year in a row our semi-final opponent had an extra week of rest....hmmmm.

That 4th down play still doesn't make any sense to me. What

Jan 21, 2019, 4:23 PM

a crappy play call. Should have gone back to something to the running back in the flat or the tight end.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly. And TT ran backwards.***

Jan 21, 2019, 4:29 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

Re: Exactly. And TT ran backwards.***

Jan 21, 2019, 4:45 PM

Bama was so slow. I guess tired. When they pulled their linemen to go left our guys were immediately in their backfield. It had no chance in any way. Even the lead blockers going into the end zone, I assume still thinking Tua is right behind them, failed to block everybody.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Jan 21, 2019, 4:55 PM

Yep BV had a jailbreak blitz with Isiah Simmons, Nolan Turner and Denzel Johnson all coming. Bama linemen didn’t know who to block and it only took a half second of indecision for it to be too late. Ferrell was in total beast mode like he drew more and more strength from each stop. We will miss him dearly.

Jan 21, 2019, 7:49 PM

But this is unpossible. eSECpn told me our D was already gassed in the second quarter.

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

Re: 1st and Goal Alabama

Jan 21, 2019, 4:30 PM

Not bad for a poor old ACC team!

Yup. They got trucked by the ROY bus.***

Jan 21, 2019, 4:34 PM

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2019, 4:41 PM

On 1st down they’re trying to run that pick play they complain about so much but XT punches the pick receiver high in the chest and stuns him quickly and still gets to the edge in time to shove the guy out.

2nd down its hard to see but Huggy takes on the center and LG and drops them both to create a pile with no movement. Clelin Ferrel also does the same thing on the end plus gets a little penetration to muddy the backfield. Wilkins nearly came from the inside and pushed the RB to the goal line while Joseph is locked up with him but Muse gets a little push back.

3rd down Ferrell has each arm hooked by two Bama linemen but still gets penetration and forces the back back in a little where Wilkins bumps into him and Tre Lamar cleans it up. Huggy once again takes on the double team of center-LG.

4th down for some reason after two stuffs they think they can run over the left side but EVERY single defender beats their man. Total domination!

Total team effort

I think you are selling Wilkins a little short on 3rd down***

Jan 21, 2019, 4:57 PM

Re:4th and goal

Jan 21, 2019, 5:05 PM

after one second, Tua looked like Custer at Little Bighorn.

Re:4th and goal

Jan 21, 2019, 7:46 PM

POTD

Re: I think you are selling Wilkins a little short on 3rd down***

Jan 21, 2019, 7:43 PM [ in reply to I think you are selling Wilkins a little short on 3rd down*** ]

No he got ALL the credit on the broadcast as he should have - he crashed down hard and it’s clear film study had the interior line slanting HARD on those last three plays I guess based on formation. I just like to look at everybody on a successful stop and give credit to others who people may not have been watching.

Guarantee you Bama OC considered that 1st down play a very

Jan 21, 2019, 5:03 PM [ in reply to Re: 1st and Goal Alabama ]

high percentage play call. Have the WR clear out the flats and send the RB past our DL who they assumed would be aggressively up-field- kind of like during a screen pass play. Got to figure BV knew something like that might come, and sub'ed out for XT who has more lateral quickness

Best Is The Standard

XT will be the best all time DE at Clemson***

Jan 21, 2019, 6:28 PM [ in reply to Re: 1st and Goal Alabama ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 21, 2019, 7:32 PM [ in reply to Re: 1st and Goal Alabama ]

Wilkins bumps into him??? Wow...you missed as badly as Alabama

Beautiful....just Beautiful***

Jan 21, 2019, 5:21 PM

Might want to block that Ferrell fella.

Jan 21, 2019, 6:18 PM

But if you had watched any film, you woulda already known that.

~JKB

I dont know the stats but

Jan 21, 2019, 6:26 PM

It seems to ever since Coach V took over, Clemson has had one of if not the best goal line defenses in the country year in and year out. Especially when it matters the most.

Jan 21, 2019, 6:29 PM

Hey! First and goal was a version of that evil, immoral and totally against the spirit of the game “pick” play Nama fans have been moaning about for 2 years! Hahahahahaha!

Jan 21, 2019, 7:23 PM

Calhoun2 points out every Clemson player beat their man on 4th down. I noticed the same thing He would have had to break about 8 tackles to get in. A perfect example of how our Tigers dominated them all night.

Jan 21, 2019, 7:26 PM

To use a medical term, Cheyne Stokes Breathing.

Jan 21, 2019, 7:57 PM

Fantastic sequence. Huggy gonna make some bank when scouts look at that series!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jan 22, 2019, 12:36 PM

3rd down Wilkins clearly slashes over and cuts the ball carrier down. What a beast.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Was that 1st down a pick play?

Jan 22, 2019, 12:42 PM

I can't tell if we jammed him that well or if he was picking for the RB?

Replies: 28
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic