Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wuhan Chinese Virus
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 9
| visibility 1

Wuhan Chinese Virus

Mar 13, 2020, 12:18 PM

Thank you for making it clear we can't trust Chinese production of medicine, or anything we really need. This should provide a lot of manufacturing jobs in the United States.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wuhan Chinese Virus

Mar 13, 2020, 12:48 PM

Hope you are correct.

Nobody cares about jobs in america

Mar 13, 2020, 12:59 PM

That's why they are in China.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Geville Tiger on Clemson football , "Dabo's only problem is he has to deal with turd fans questioning every move he makes.”

Re: Nobody cares about jobs in america

Mar 13, 2020, 1:01 PM

Unfortunately, they can pay someone pennies on the dollar there. That an there is no EPA so the manufacturing is completely unregulated.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 13, 2020, 1:07 PM

The bad news there is that the pharmaceutical industry in this country has proven they are very shady characters and will do just about anything for a dollar. If medication production increases in this country and decreases on other countries, someone needs to be a watchdog to make sure they don't castrate the American public with pricing like they are doing now. It does not need to be the government either.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Mar 13, 2020, 1:42 PM

Please don't have a PSC like we do here is South Carolina who have proven they can be bought by big companies(SCANA owned them)! When the watchdog starts siding against the consumer there is no recourse until their greed catches them(SCANA and Santee Cooper)!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Turning points

Mar 13, 2020, 1:04 PM

In our race to a global economy a ton of manufacturing has moved off-shore under the presumption that our supply chain will be secure while our prices go down. When things like this happen (China threatening to stop supplying needed drugs), it reminds us that there is a reason why we offer subsidies to America farmers.

Every advancement in US history, from manufacturing to technology, has eventually moved off-shore in search of cheaper labor to exploit. And, we say nothing. Remember when Wal-Mart used to be all "Made in the USA"? LOL. Good luck finding anything there made in America.

I work in technology, and companies continue to trip over themselves to move as many jobs as possible to India or China or South America because they can pay those people 1/10th what they'd pay an American. I used to drive Ford vehicles until I was at Ford HQ in Dearborn and had their executives tell me all the reasons they weren't interested in doing business with my American based business. I pointed out that I drove an American Made Ford F350, and that they advertise how proud they are to be an American company. They just didn't give a ####. So, I don't drive Ford products anymore.

For all of this to work, companies need to realize they are part of a society. Their employees are part of that society. And if we continue to move jobs overseas our society will collapse because it is not economically viable. Hopefully, this supply chain issue with China will serve as a wake-up call and be a turning point for multiple industries. But, let's face it, that ain't happening. They'll just move manufacturing to Cambodia or Chile or India... or maybe all of them. But, it's not coming back to America.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Turning points

Mar 13, 2020, 1:16 PM

Amen Fluxus. I work in Aerospace Supply Chain. The compromise in lead times, reliability and quality more than negate the paper cost savings. At the end of the day, nobody but the rich get richer as a result of offshore sourcing.

Mar 13, 2020, 1:38 PM

Avoid Chinese sheet rock.

Mar 13, 2020, 1:44 PM

Crap and I was gonna tear out some old paneling and hang sheet rock! My wife will be devastated!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 9
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic