Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 43
| visibility 815

Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Apr 1, 2019, 8:14 AM

Friday, chilled at home, didn't even go out for dinner.

Saturday, more work at the new house. Some of you saw the wall behind the sink, got started fixing that. Finished getting the wall paper down from the rest of the walls. Sanded and fixed some of the blemishes, removed more caulk, mowed the lawn.

Sunday, back to the house, more sanding and mudding. Put the primer coat in the laundry room and painted the ceiling. More caulk removal. I've still for way more of that to do what I really want.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ahhh yeah

Apr 1, 2019, 8:23 AM

Friday - Heard a gobble behind the house at daylight, went in pursuit, did not kill. Met my dad at the lake and went fishing, caught some fish. Date night with wife at Maki? in Anderson....ate sushi, was good.

Saturday - Fished tournament with nephew. Caught a lot of fish and finally got a check (small one). Wife and I went to in-laws for dinner and got kids. Got home late.

Sunday - Church, worked on mower, cut some grass, church in the evening

44/16

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Great

Apr 1, 2019, 8:25 AM

Friday: was back in town and spent it at the doctors office all day. I've lost weight but my BP is still high. Got another long lecture and a new Rx.

Saturday: up way too early, headed over to West Cootlumbia for a scokker tournament. First game, we played well against a very good school but lost. Grabbed some grub and we played OK in second match, but lost again. Still was a fun trip in 80 degree weather, albeit during Pollen Storm 19. Back home, rested, watched basketball and something else, I am sure.

Sunday: slept in because tired af, watched Chelsea steal a match from Cardiff City, and Spurs drop one against Liverpool. Cue up: "That's so Spursy." Piddled around, watched as the vengeance of God swoop down and destroy the souls of Dukies everywhere. As this calamity was unfolding, I smiled like Beefsteak® at a craft beer microbrewery. Relishing the moment of pure karma.

I won't lie to you, kids. I was smug af.

Dear Sparty:

11/11 because these go to 11

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Welp, the Tigers swept but I didn't die

Apr 1, 2019, 8:26 AM

Took advantage of the nice weather to clean the boat, do smoe yardwork, build a small raised bed for veggies and herbs.

Watched hoops and golf.

However, as far as my bracket goes...

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

https://as1.ftcdn.net/v2/jpg/00/81/16/28/1000_F_81162810_8TlZDomtVuVGlyqWL2I4HA7Wlqw7cr5a.jpg

Re: Good morning everybody. How was your weekend?

Apr 1, 2019, 8:26 AM

Friday did a round of Edmunds Oast - Tradesman - Munkle brewery. Surprised by how dead the breweries get around 9-10pm at night.
Saturday - got some punch list stuff done on the house before we close next month.
Sunday - brewed a melon IPA and cleaned out the shed. got a whole pile of yard sale shid now.

Apr 1, 2019, 8:27 AM

Friday: Farted on wife's car.
Saturday: Hung out with co-workers from my last job. 2 of them bought 6 acres of land with 2 ponds and made their own par 3. They cooked chicken bog, and it was delish. Got caught up with er'one. Drank some White Zombie White Ales (Catawba Brewing). Left when they started playing golf though. Still don't think should with torn labrum will like that. Did not fart on anyone's car.
Sunday: Went to church, ate Mexican, watched a lot of hoops. Laughed at Duke's demise (and Kentucky's). Fought with wife all evening.

Wood dew again

8.9/10

very Productive.***

Apr 1, 2019, 8:27 AM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

10/10......Tigers Sweep Hokies and Dook loses....'Nuff Said

Apr 1, 2019, 8:31 AM

Although the f'ing Hoos still won, all in all a good weekend. Now, let's take the Dawgs and Louisville this week.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Friday: Don't remember

Apr 1, 2019, 8:34 AM

Saturday: Wife of and daughter of went dress shopping for bout to be sister-in-law's wedding. Son of and I spent the day getting the boat ready and taking it to the river to test run.

Sunday: Kids went to church. Was wife of and I's anniversary. 7 years married 9 years together. I've been married so long I don't look both ways when I cross the street. Took the kids to the river to fish in the boat. Was miserable. Not one bite. Caught in a rain storm. Daughter of complained the entire time.

Overall 4/8

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I like your funny words magic man

Newlywed

Apr 1, 2019, 9:18 AM

give it another 10 years and you'll be purposely crossing the street with you eyes closed

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

hypothetically, if you were thinking of getting out of it

Apr 1, 2019, 9:46 AM [ in reply to Friday: Don't remember ]

might want to do it before you get to year 10. After that, not only will she get half of your paycheck (probably more since you have kids), she'll also get some of your social security.

Wrapped up week of logic.

Apr 1, 2019, 8:39 AM

It's true - this one was much more of a marathon than a sprint, but I locked in my guaranteed bottle for the stasis releases in 2019.

Had a pretty decent haul coming back to Texas:

1 Bottle ea of:
Fundamental Theorem (Bottle Logic)
White Chocolate (Bruery)
Wee Heavy Coconuts
Stream Crossing (Bruery Terreux/Green Cheek Collab)

4-packs of:
Offshoot:
Retreat (it's just a Hazy DIPA)
Grip it (x2)
Sip It (x2)

Highland Park:
High 5 (mixed 4 of Triple IPA and Lager)

Modern Times:
Booming Rollers
Fortunate Islands
Orderville

Green Cheek:
Dad in Plaid
West Coast IPA is Dead
Walter's Big Break

Also nabbed some pretty sick merch - Hats from BL, Green Cheek, Terreux, and Highland Park, along with a soft cooler/growler bag from BL and a bunch of pins/stickers. And a pretty badass chalice and Bottle opener from Bottle Logic.

Sick merch, bro.***

Apr 1, 2019, 9:04 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-19b.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sick merch, bro.***

Apr 1, 2019, 10:00 AM

Pics attached

Cool Harry Potter pin. My 8 year old would LOVE it. Not

Apr 1, 2019, 10:02 AM

many adults admit to being fans like you.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Apr 1, 2019, 8:43 AM

Friday - Not sure. Did a bit of drinking, cleaning house, and went to bed at a reasonable time.

Saturday - Carolina Cup. Went to the City of Camden tent (step-dad is a big-wig) and enjoyed 5-star catering and top shelf liquor bar. Left that area to go slum with the in-laws on the in-field. Had fun. Drank bunch of beers and liquors. Daughter bet her piggy-bank on various horses. Lost all of her money. Got pissed. Life lessons were learned. Went back to mamadidas's house and slept.

Sunday - Huddle House (barf) because Waffle House doesn't have any large booths. Came home and rested. Brother and Sis-in-Law and nephew came over for dinner. Drank a few delicious craft beers. Tossed the pig-skin. Watched Shameless and went to bed.

9/10. Lots of super hot poonanny at the Cup. Even the older women were looking well put together. Probably from wearing Spanks, but who cares.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Clemsony

Apr 1, 2019, 8:54 AM

Left work Friday, dropped kids at Parent's house and left for Clemson. Thank GOD I-85 was closed near Greenville because I certainly WANTED to spend 3 freaking hours driving to Clemson. Wife and I get there around 7:15 and check into Martin Inn. Change clothes and get to Calhoun Corners for dinner. We haven't been there since May 2005 for our rehearsal dinner before our wedding. TBH, I remembered it being better than it was. 6.5/10 for my meal, but I didn't do steak cause running race in the morning and red meat makes my belly hurt sometimes. Contemplated going out for drinks but instead head back to the hotel for a little sleep.

Wake up refreshed and head to the Clemson Experimental Forest for their second annual FREE Clemson Experimental Forest Marathon, Half Marathon, and 10k. I signed up for the half, thought about doing the full, but we had to get back to the hotel and my training wasn't the best, so I did the half. Wife did the 10k, said it was fun. Clemson has some real talent in the area. REAL talent. Anyways, finished the race in 2:05:13 for 12.71 (free race measured short, whoops) which is SUPER slow compared to road times but this had some real hills and single track which were slow. Watch said 1285 ft of elevation gain during the run as well. Head back to hotel and shower, hit up PBD for a St. Stephen and Breakfast Burrito. That place is perpetually crowded. I love it. Shop a little downtown, picked up one of those Smathers & Branson overpriced Grateful Dead Needlepoint hats. Wife wanted me to get a Clemson belt until she saw the price. Then we headed home to relieve the babysitter who took over from my parents. Dinner and sleeps once we get home.

Sunday got up but skipped church cause Lowe's was coming with new Washing Machine. Some Maytag with an agitator. Got that installed, put a new side mirror on my dad's truck from when he backed into a tree and broke it, then grocery store and cook dinner for the family. Turkey meatballs and mashed cauliflower. Pretty good meal, tbh.

Up this morning for work, hips and legs still sore.

Pics will follow this post, maybe.

2024 purple level memberringofhonor-greenr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Clemsony

Apr 1, 2019, 9:00 AM

+1 for agitator

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I am not certain, but I imagine that getting off

Apr 1, 2019, 9:21 AM [ in reply to Clemsony ]

85 in Greer to use 29 to get to 123 is a better potion from 4 to 7 PM.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-aero.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wedding-y

Apr 1, 2019, 8:55 AM

Finally got my younger brother married off.

Fri - Played golf with "the boys" - two brothers, myself, groom's buddies and two cousins that were in from LA (Lower Alabama). Played worst round of golf I've had in probably 20+ years. Shot 92. One cousin had not played golf in over 2 years and had two birdies and an eagle on a tough course that he had never played before. Jackarse. Did the rehearsal and then cooked frogmore stew for everyone for rehearsal dinner. Twas good.

Sat - To the wedding on time at The Green Boundary Club in Aiken. Ceremony went off without a hitch. There was a flow0440 sighting. Reception was fun, many beers were consumed. Was an early wedding so regrouped downtown Aiken with aunts, uncles, cousins, etc and ate at the Pizza Joint. Hung around afterwards. Too many beers were consumed.

Sun - Nothing. Absolutely nothing other than crawling out of bed and laying on the couch ALL DAY. Was glorious. Watched Kevin Kisner bring home the WGC title, which was cool to see him finally break through in a big tournament instead of finishing 2nd. Duke loses. It was a good day.

Tired af yesterday and so far today, but worth it.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

MauldinT, where are you???

You forgot the part about you forgetting to pick...

Apr 1, 2019, 12:46 PM

me up at hotel due to drunkeness and having to send your wife back out after me!

My long lobby wait was eased by your good looking Aunt trying to put the moves on me.

Apr 1, 2019, 8:55 AM

Saturday: I reached an epiphany. It is not possible to finish fine wood with a two part finish without sanding the finish. My theory that auto painters who turn out work which has orange peel in the clearcoat are not properly buffing the final product.

Also realized that I had no idea how much liquid finish it takes to cover 15-20 pieces of MB wood trim. I believed I mixed twice as much as needed. Then sanded the first coat of the clear two part finish on my wood trim and noticed much of what I believed to be pollen were bubbles from not stirring the two part mix sufficiently but only after reading the directions again. That was after I had applied the second coat.

Real men pay no attention to instructions so I may have actually gotten more in touch with my feminine side. However, I didn't cry.

Sunday: Sanded and recoated the trim again after mixing the finish product thoroughly.

10/10, learning is still fun, painful at times but it's one of the things which make me realize how foolish I was before I turned 30.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A delightfully lovely weekend it 'twas.

Apr 1, 2019, 9:09 AM

Friday, left work and went and hung out with RH Mom for a couple of hours since RH Sis was gone for the weekend in an attempt to drink all of the wine in North Georgia with a bunch of her pals. Went home and took a long hike with the pup, then had a late dinner of fish sticks, hush puppies, and Bear Creek beer mac & cheese. Not too shabby for being thrown together so late. Sat down and drank about 7 spots of beer, watched second half of Duke game, crashed.

Saturday, stayed outside with the pup almost all day. Got some further work done on driveway project, took pup to RH Mom's and let her run off-leash in the back yard for a an hour or so, reveled in the glory of Baylor women's basketball with Mom, then home to throw on some nice duds for Parker Millsap show. Rode the light rail uptown, had pre-show cocktails and a pretty dang good pizza at Rooster's Wood Fired Kitchen, walked next door and sat on the front row for a PHENOMENAL show. I could have reached out and smashed Parker's toes with my fist we were so close. Back home, drank one last beer and watched the Sweet Lizzy Project on Bluegrass Underground, then stayed up far too late watching A Chef's Life because they were talking about figs. I like figs. I mean, I REALLY like figs.

Sunday, got up and drank coffee, because slight head throb of an strange and unknown cause. Got a few chores done, then the Mrs. and I headed to a family meeting at mom-in-law's house. Mrs. and her brother are just starting the process of settling the estate, and so we spent most of the day cleaning, going through papers, and doling out the items that mom-in-law specifically said were to go to each individual. She left me her Smith & Wesson M&P Bodyguard .380, which is an awesome little concealed carry pocket gun, and I'm anxious to shoot it. From there to the grocery store, home to walk the pup, made a quick dinner of hot Jamaican meat pies and perogies, watched Walking Dead, then crashed.

I'm still waiting on Robert Mueller's full report to be released, but I'm anticipating it will come back with a glowing review, given that the coots, tarholes, and Puke all lost heartbreaking athletic contests, and the Tiger swept the chokies and the Phillies swept the Barves on their way to a perfect 162-0 season.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IUsO-M7oEc8

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

P good

Apr 1, 2019, 9:11 AM

Friday: had beers after work with coworkers. One came back to the house and we jerked one another off until Red got back from dinner with her sister.

Saturday: Helped my brother in law move his parents out of a house. Cut the front yard. Went out to the sticks to have dinner with a friend.

Sunday: Threw up some more crown molding. Cut the back yard. Went to the gym. Red cooked some bangin enchiladas, rice and black beans.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

I'll give you $15 and let you see me naked if you'll come

Apr 1, 2019, 9:47 AM

fix all the trim at my house.

Well

Apr 1, 2019, 10:08 AM

2024 purple level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Trim? We talkin crown molding, or @sharkgirl?***

Apr 1, 2019, 10:41 AM [ in reply to I'll give you $15 and let you see me naked if you'll come ]

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

S??? ????? ???? ??? ??????? ?????? ???? ??? ??????,
S??? ????? ?? ?? ???????? ???? ? ??????? ??? ????? ?????..

Fix? is it broken?***

Apr 1, 2019, 11:43 AM [ in reply to I'll give you $15 and let you see me naked if you'll come ]

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsonrulez08.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Please forgive me, @IneligibleUser

Will need new 1/4 round in 3 rooms. In some areas they

Apr 1, 2019, 11:47 AM

used board that didn't match. In others, it seems they didn't bother to nail door trim down and the caulking has failed.

Really, it probably all needs to come down and be replaced, but I've no time for that.

pretty good

Apr 1, 2019, 9:21 AM

Friday: son had a ball game. Then to my mom and him to eat.

Sat: worked about 4 hours, bought what I needed. Took Myfavjr. fishing and had a great time. Cleaned fish, kept up with Clemson baseball, grilled some pork and watched basketball.

Sunday: Chilled, ate dinner with mom and son. Took him to meet his mom (always a sad time) but he'll be back Tuesday :)!!!!! watched race and read!!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Didn't seem to have one

Apr 1, 2019, 9:41 AM

In laws came in on Friday, went out to dinner with them Friday night.

Had it out with the rowing team idiots Saturday afternoon around lunch. These MFers have their course set up right in front of Clemson marina, and they were everywhere Saturday. Well, every where but the actual course they're supposed to be on. Dozens of them, strewn all across the lake. So I'm bobbing and weaving through the marine version of a pack of road cylicsts, they've got these phaggots out there on skiffs doing everything but telling us where the ##### we're supposed to be going....

Anyway, I'm in desperate need of a burger, kind of just shaking my head at the display of idiocy I've found myself in the midst of, and this fat ##### on a skiff comes plowing up to me (everything past Cherry bridge is a no wake zone when these asssholes are out) waving his hands and screaming through a megaphone. He's yelling at me to get off the course, I'm yelling at him to get them on the course if they want me off the course, I mean it's just ridiculous. Come to find out this moron is a sheriff, which pisses me off even more since I feel like there's a million other things, including picking up dead animals off the side of the road, that are more important than screaming at people with actual boats...

All around ridiculous situation, that may actually keep me from donating to IPTAY again. I know they'll be fine, but #### this rowing nonsense. They've gone from being mildly annoying to a full blown burden, let's get softball rolling and END ROWING FOREVER. Or at least move your ####### course somewhere sane, and not right in front of the only marina with an open restaurant. We sat there and watched them lose business, people would come around the corner on boat, see this rowing shidshow and just turn around.

Mowed grass Sunday, then laid on the sofa. Now here we are.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I was trying to get out of the marina one afternoon

Apr 1, 2019, 9:43 AM

when that had all that ish set up. I turned around and went back.

I'd be pretty aggravated about it if I owned the marina

Apr 1, 2019, 9:50 AM

It's not like a football game where it's going to drive traffic over there, in fact, it does the complete opposite.

And to be honest, they're worse than sailboaters. Never failed, I'd see one just floating around, and as soon as I picked a line they'd start rowing again so I'd have to change course.

I believe the tactic I'm going to take is to send an email to the administration, expressing my concern over the horrific images of slavery that seeing those students row around conjures up. Like the slave ships of old, masters running around with megaphones yelling at the slaves to row harder, row harder! Sickening.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-lakebum1-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I had forgotten about it and wanted to take an afternoon

Apr 1, 2019, 10:04 AM

cruise.

Nope.

mention “safety” too.***

Apr 1, 2019, 10:12 AM [ in reply to I'd be pretty aggravated about it if I owned the marina ]

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

don't leave out the water quality and how you can't

Apr 1, 2019, 6:12 PM [ in reply to I'd be pretty aggravated about it if I owned the marina ]

eat the toxic fish.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

The road goes on forever and the party never ends...

Meh.....

Apr 1, 2019, 10:20 AM

Friday oldest son broke wrist.
Saturday worked half-day.
Sunday, went and saw dad. He couldn't talk, not doing well lately. Bought groceries. Booked a bunch of vacation stuff to the tune of a big fat grand :(

4.2/10

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thumbs up of support for

Apr 1, 2019, 10:23 AM

sh!tty weekend.

The spring mint and 4 Mojitos kept the number

Apr 1, 2019, 10:31 AM

out of the 3-range.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-tiggity-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Went to Riverbanks zoo

Apr 1, 2019, 10:43 AM

let me just say that Columbia is an absolute ########.

Also, let me just say there were lots of hot moms at the zoo. Better to watch those ##### than the aminals. Some of those turd cutters looked like they were chizzled from marble.

RED ROCKET RED ROCKET

Yep. Zoo is just a small step down from Publix.

Apr 1, 2019, 12:11 PM

Nother good sightseeing tour near Columbia would be to drive south across the Lake Murray ### on a sunny day about 6pm-ish. tml

It was kinda depressing..

Apr 1, 2019, 11:20 AM

left Wednesday evening and headed to Irmo for a funeral. Got to spend the weekend with my boyfriend and meet his whole family (bless).

His dad had a military funeral and It was an amazing ceremony. Thank you to all that have served.

Yall take care

See some of yall Saturday..

ohmeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

badge-donor-15yr.jpg2012_nascar_champ.gif flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It was one of those sucky weekends

Apr 1, 2019, 12:21 PM

but it happens. I survived. I'd give it a negative one of these out of ten.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Drink drank drunk....

Apr 1, 2019, 12:58 PM

Outgoing former boss-of's last day at work was Friday, so we had work gathering to send him off on Thursday night. Drank way too much, including shots of warm, near vomit inducing, whiskey. 'bout killed retiring boss who drug his #### in at 10am the following morning.

Friday, tired af...got hom from work and son-of got Student of the Week at his school and wife-of had promised to take him out for dinner...eff...finally get home and get to bed around 10pm.

Saturday, got up at 7am so we could get packed and get to Aiken to drop off kids at my parents and went with wife-of to BigDaddy® little brother's (who is called Little Daddy) wedding. Drank many beers and looked at a few good looking wimmins, including BigDaddy's younger cousin who was wearing a sheer dress thing that was fun to look at outside with the sun behind her. I confirmed she's in her 20's so wife-of would shut the eff up. Wife-of was tired, so went downtown Aiken w/o her and drank more and ate. Sat at table during dinner with said younger cousin of BigDaddy and her boyfriend/friend who did not seem up to what she needed in a man, which turns out to be a 48 yo old married guy with no game.

Sunday...went over to parents to get kids. Help father-of out with some stuff, played basketball with son-of, and then drove back to Anderson...stopping by the Mill-House in Greenwood for some pizza for lunch. Spent considerable time finagling me to be able to go to Spring Game next weekend without wife-of and kids. Sunday night...tired did nothing.

All-in-all a good weekend.

Replies: 43
| visibility 815
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic