Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tigers beat the coots by 21...no other stat really matters..
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 28
| visibility 358

Tigers beat the coots by 21...no other stat really matters..

Nov 26, 2018, 7:51 AM

def had a horrible game against the pass - still won by 21

12-0

If we win our conference champ game, we go to playoffs

Not sure it gets any better than that!

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Tigers beat the coots by 21...no other stat really matters..

Nov 26, 2018, 7:57 AM

The mange it out of its mind since Saturday night. A bunch drama over there over some pretty innocuous stuff.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yep, last week it was the O in the 1st half vs Duke

Nov 26, 2018, 7:58 AM

And the defense kept them out of the end zone until they woke up. There isn’t a separate score for offense and defense.

Was just listening to the coot call-in show on the drive in,

Nov 26, 2018, 8:46 AM

they're happy about a 3TD loss. Should tell you all you need to know about the direction of the two programs.

yep***

Nov 26, 2018, 8:47 AM

I've been struggling lately with the question

Nov 26, 2018, 8:50 AM [ in reply to Was just listening to the coot call-in show on the drive in, ]

of where the two programs are relative to each other, but after hearing about your experience with the call-in show, I'm starting to think Clemson's program may be in a better place.

Snarky prod this morning, I'll help you out. One team

Nov 26, 2018, 8:52 AM

feels like they kissed their sister to only win by 21. The other is puffing their chests out for keeping Will Swinney out of the end zone.

Better?

I think so. So you think Clemson's program is

Nov 26, 2018, 8:54 AM

in better shape than South Carolina's? I'm probably leaning in that direction.

I'm thinking the gap hasn't closed near as much as

Nov 26, 2018, 8:55 AM

the Cockfaithful are claiming.

Well, I don't know anything about what people are claiming.***

Nov 26, 2018, 8:56 AM

This is the general sentiment I've encountered.

Nov 26, 2018, 8:59 AM

https://www.thestate.com/sports/college/university-of-south-carolina/usc-football/josh-kendall-blog/article222145820.html

It's laughable.

I didn't see too much to disagree with there...

Nov 26, 2018, 9:19 AM

You know me, I'm not the type to get mad about my team not doing as great as I think they should. I'd be fine if they were 3-9 or 4-8. I think fan bases in general should be happier.

I think if you're paying a coach upwards of $5million/yr

Nov 26, 2018, 10:19 AM

it's OK to expect better than 4-8.

I'm not paying him, so I don't care about that.

Nov 26, 2018, 10:29 AM

I don't fault fans for expecting certain things, I'm just talking about my attitude as a fan. I treat it more as entertainment.

Whale, Clemson is "scared to death" of Muschamp because...

Nov 26, 2018, 9:10 AM [ in reply to Well, I don't know anything about what people are claiming.*** ]

you coots are cycling in and Clemson is cycling out.

#neveragain

Re: I think so. So you think Clemson's program is

Nov 26, 2018, 8:57 AM [ in reply to I think so. So you think Clemson's program is ]

I'll say this:

Nov 26, 2018, 9:01 AM [ in reply to I've been struggling lately with the question ]

I hate every bit of the 'moral victory attitude' with every fiber of my being. A decade of that with Tommy Bowden and I learned that you DO NOT settle for that. In all honesty, your team very much reminded me of a Tommy Bowden moral victory game type team on Saturday night...at least in the eye test. Instead of embracing that 'wow, look how close we came' feeling, Muschamp would have been much better served to come out angry about the game and demanding more going forward. I'm not sure you'll get that from him. We'll see, but I'm just not sure he's ever going to be the type guy that carries ANY program past slightly better than mediocre.

That said, it doesn't hurt my feelings in the least if attitude prevails in Columbia, because it won't get them over the gap that currently exists.

ringofhonor-rhtig.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow, what if they hired Mack Brown?***

Nov 26, 2018, 10:54 AM

Honestly, it's a good stepping stone for Mack.

Nov 26, 2018, 10:56 AM

For finally getting back to App State, I mean.

Thought sure Spatterfield was packing his bags.

Nov 26, 2018, 10:58 AM

I guess he told them, nope.

I don't think anybody had TIME to tell them no.

Nov 26, 2018, 11:06 AM

Sounds like Mack was hired a month ago and formalized this morning.

Re: Tigers beat the coots by 21...no other stat really matters..

Nov 26, 2018, 10:46 AM

The only thing better would be that we beat them by 21 to go 12-0 and our pass D looked amazing making us confident that we can beat Bama. Beating USCjr by 21 and going 12-0 was a given before the game even started vs the Coots. People can walk and chew gum is how I look at it. I am happy with the 12-0 and the win. Yet, I still worry about the secondary. Those were the most wide open plays down the middle for so many plays that maybe I have ever witnessed. It is something to talk about. It's almost as if we aren't allowed to be happy we beat the Coots by 21 and go 12-0, but at the same time b^tch about the crazy open passing plays up the middle that we couldn't figure out even after halftime. I like talking sports. I love the team. I love Dabo. I like our record. I like winning by 21. Those plays up the middle that we never figured out are concerning. I wonder when the right time to mention those will be. Maybe never since we won by 21 vs our rival. I know one thing, I wouldn't want to be the one to ask Dabo about it at this stage.

I have concerns about our secondary too...

Nov 26, 2018, 10:54 AM

after the way they played on Sat. Looks confused and unprepared. Which are things that can be fixed. The good thing is I didn't see DB's getting beat on plays...just not in the right position.

But we as fans put WAY too much into single game performances at the college level. Outside of maybe the A&M game (and they had a lot of fluke plays) our DB's have played pretty well over the season.

We definitely missed Tre Lamar in the middle, but more so

Nov 26, 2018, 10:59 AM

the rush 3 and drop everyone into coverage plan might have been out-thinking ourselves just a tad. We really changed the complexion of our defense for this game and I'm not sure we should have. I'm not sure we ever blitzed, but who could tell in the fog, right?

Re: I have concerns about our secondary too...

Nov 26, 2018, 11:01 AM [ in reply to I have concerns about our secondary too... ]

The good thing is that it happened this past Saturday and not in the playoffs. The coaches can coach them up now. Anyway, what was going on there and which player/plyers on D were blowing it? One time it looked to me like our LB was on no mans land. The other times it looked like Muse maybe? I don't know. It was crazy how we couldn't figure I out. It looked like how it would be if I tried to guard Kevin Durant in one on one.

Bentley let the ball rip from his back foot

Nov 26, 2018, 11:03 AM [ in reply to I have concerns about our secondary too... ]

while being harassed about 10 times and I think most of the long TD's were on plays like that. He played better than he ever has in that game and was just throwing the ball as quickly as possible to avoid our pass rush. If he had an even slightly off game, that game ends 77-0. We sold out at some points to stop the pass and they still could not run it effectively on us.

They also used Tempo to get ahead of the defensive adjustments. Others have done this as well. To Muschamp's credit, he announced last week that they were going to use Tempo and quick slants to attack our D.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-fordprefect.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bentley let the ball rip from his back foot

Nov 26, 2018, 11:07 AM

Exactly. Some people think our D wasn't pressuring him. We were all over him, but our secondary allowed him to get rid of it quickly to a wide open guy. How long does it take Deebo or whoever to sprint 15 yards wide open in the middle? That's how long our DL had to get to him. 3 seconds max? There weren't many coverage sacks....if any.

yep....getting in calls against the tempo has been a....

Nov 26, 2018, 11:12 AM [ in reply to Bentley let the ball rip from his back foot ]

problem many times with BV. He tries to get them in the perfect call and it bites us sometimes.

We pulled out CW42 and DL a few times and they played tempo to keep them off the field. Was very good game plan on their side.

But I agree...Bentley played the best he possibly could.

I'm not all that concerned going forward. If we shut down the run like we have and play contain def against the pass with a solid pass rush, we will be just fine.

Re: yep....getting in calls against the tempo has been a....

Nov 26, 2018, 11:33 AM

Agree with you totally. Those formations combined with BV wanting the last adjustment created chaos that we were not ready to handle.

We straight shut them down in the 3rd.

Chill people.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 28
| visibility 358
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic