Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wow, watching ESPN, they mention the best QBs
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 22
| visibility 1

Wow, watching ESPN, they mention the best QBs

May 10, 2014, 11:18 AM

available and no mention of Tajh.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I don't get it

May 10, 2014, 11:36 AM

in the fall he was in the same breath as Bridgewater and Manziel. That's not an exaggeration. I heard several nationally syndicated shows talk about teams getting one of those 3.

Boyd was always going to get killed

May 10, 2014, 11:43 AM

When people started actually breaking down his tape. His accuracy has always been hit and miss, and last year, he pretty much admitted that he had a hard time dealing with the pressure. Good college Q.B. but most teams just don't see his skills translating into much more than a back up. To be fair, they said the same thing about Case Keenum and he ended up starting several games this year. Boyd just needs to find a good situation.

Nuk and Sammy bailed him out so many times...though

May 10, 2014, 11:47 AM

I still love the guy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgringofhonor-jospehg.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nothing but respect of Boyd

May 10, 2014, 11:50 AM

Unfortunately, G.M.'s aren't Clemson fans, and it doesn't appear that they think Boyd is a starting caliber Q.B.

Re: Nothing but respect of Boyd

May 10, 2014, 12:09 PM

His stock fell so much after the FSU game. Before that he was mentioned in the Heisman race. The USuC game didn't help him any and even though he had a good game against OSU, he still threw 2 INT's when it really mattered. He is pretty much as advertised...very good QB but panics too often under preasure.

He had some other bad games as well

May 10, 2014, 12:10 PM

Nc. St and B.C. come to mind as well.

Drewtigeralum you just don't like Tajh...

May 10, 2014, 1:11 PM

Say what you will about Tajh, he is a wh

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Nothing but respect of Boyd

May 10, 2014, 5:09 PM [ in reply to Re: Nothing but respect of Boyd ]

I think his stock fell in the Carolina game. Interceptions and fumble. Did not do himself any favors. They only remember the last thing he did or did not do.

There is an inequity in the ROI from Boyd-To-Watkins...

May 10, 2014, 12:39 PM [ in reply to Nuk and Sammy bailed him out so many times...though ]

...Sammy is electric and fantastic, but Sammy can't catch a ball thrown 2 feet behind his crossing speed, nor can he catch a ball thrown 3 feet over his head on a post. Sammy had a ACC HOF QB throwing to him for 3 years.

Where is the return of Watkins-To-Boyd for having actually caught all of those balls?

It is a perversion that Boyd is not getting one single ounce of respect from the NFL. Not one ounce.

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

J. Marc Edwards
Cary, NC

Whoa whoa whoa!

May 10, 2014, 12:45 PM

You are severely underestimating the power of Sammy Watkins.

Did you not see how unstoppable he was last season? When he immediately answered Gurley w/ that bison bull rush & then out-ran everybody?

If it wasn't for Sammy, DeAndre wouldn't have been so inspired to shine. Not taking anything away from Hopkins, but Sammy proved against Ohio State that he was the real deal. Hopkins helped Boyd big-time in the LSU game but that win was mostly due to the fact that Mettenberger blows.

Davidlee1947 should back me up on this.

Re: There is an inequity in the ROI from Boyd-To-Watkins...

May 10, 2014, 2:41 PM [ in reply to There is an inequity in the ROI from Boyd-To-Watkins... ]

> ...Sammy is electric and fantastic, but Sammy can't
> catch a ball thrown 2 feet behind his crossing speed,
> nor can he catch a ball thrown 3 feet over his head
> on a post. Sammy had a ACC HOF QB throwing to him
> for 3 years.
>
> Where is the return of Watkins-To-Boyd for having
> actually caught all of those balls?
>
> It is a perversion that Boyd is not getting one
> single ounce of respect from the NFL. Not one ounce.

Good points but why is no one stating the fact Boyd threw a ton of 3-4 yard passes to Watkins that Sammy took for another 7-8 yards. That's a 12 yard pass in the books but Tajh threw a nothing pass really.

Then when defenses were actually playing Sammy tight at the line Morris had Sammy back up 2 yards behind the LOS to catch a pass, and it was a forward pass, and then Sammy would juke for 6-7 yards. That's a 7 yard pass in the books but Tajh threw a pass any one of us could have thrown to Sammy.

Morris's system got Tajh most of his stats and no one would have been talking up Tajh as a high draft pick if not for his stats - physically, Tajh doesn't offer anything special but then neither do 95% of the qb's out there.

Re: Boyd was always going to get killed

May 10, 2014, 3:58 PM [ in reply to Boyd was always going to get killed ]

You make some good points. however, remember he won over 30 games the last 3 years. Did everyone forget about the money throw to Nuke against LSU. Do people here honestly believe that Logan is a better QB than Taj? Do you believe that Shaw throws the ball better than Taj?
Someone is going to get a steal and I'm hoping the Bills bring him on board.

It sure was fun playing for

May 10, 2014, 12:16 PM

WidereceiverU though.

I still think he'll be at least a backup for a few years in his prime.

Hello T-Netters ... he made a mistake to stay senior year

May 10, 2014, 12:28 PM

His brand was much higher after LSU win. Mayock is absolutely on target when he states seniors have much more on their resumes to pick apart and in Tajh's case the poor decisions and inconsistencies exhibited against FSU, SC and OSU cost him some money.

That said, Tajh will do fine as backup for 2-3 yrs and get his chance to start if he can end up with the right coaching. Wish him the best. Go Tigers!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Stupid

May 10, 2014, 12:32 PM

That hype dies down, they look at his tape, and they see the exact same thing they see this year. A short Q.B., with accuracy issues, that struggles with pressure in his face.

Glad he was a Tiger, but leaving this year or leaving last year didn't change who he was as a Q.B.

Re: Stupid is as stupid does

May 10, 2014, 1:09 PM

Disagree with your assessment big time. Every instance you stated in original e-mail occurred his sr year when he was more entrenched, more confident and much sloppier. Morris had Tajh much more focused his jr year. He regressed as a senior. That is a fact. You made my point - the worst tape of Tajh is from his senior year. Kiper and gang watched lots of Tajh tape after his soph and jr years and had him ranked high.

Stoudt wins every game Tajh does last year. And makes Martavis a bigger part of more successful Offense.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Stupid is as stupid does

May 10, 2014, 1:30 PM

"He regressed as a senior. That is a fact."

You need to look up the words 'fact' and 'regress'. Tajh had almost the exact same season as a senior that he did as a junior. Maybe you (and others) expected him to improve even more, so when he was the same, you perceived that as regression. But he did not regress, not at all.

If these are the same people who see

May 10, 2014, 3:03 PM [ in reply to Stupid ]

Logan Thomas and Savage then I ain't buying it

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Where did that dude from Baylor go?

May 10, 2014, 1:41 PM

Think his last name was Griner...

Re: Wow, watching ESPN, they mention the best QBs

May 10, 2014, 3:11 PM

Tajh's stock slipped because of a couple bad games! Be patient, he's gonna get picked!

Re:Logan Thomas was drafted by

May 10, 2014, 3:53 PM

the AZ Cardinals in the 4th round. This guy performed really average his entire career and against Boyd and other QBs last week in a competition on TV. Boyd finished either #1 or #2.

Re: Wow, watching ESPN, they mention the best QBs

May 10, 2014, 4:12 PM

Tajh I feel your pain young man. When ever you are selected for what ever team, Ball out and prove all of your haters wrong! Ball Out

2024 orange level membermilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 22
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic