Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Biggest Loser In Expansion - Gamecocks
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 25
| visibility 1

Biggest Loser In Expansion - Gamecocks

May 18, 2012, 6:17 PM

I guarantee you the last thing Spurrier wants to see is Clemson leave the ACC and get into a conference with revenue and football that's comparable to the SEC. He's been using the ACC against Clemson in recruiting every sense he got there, and it shows in the results of the rivalry.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Every sense.....

May 18, 2012, 6:18 PM

Just brilliant writing. Brilliant!

Re: Biggest Loser In Expansion - Gamecocks

May 18, 2012, 6:19 PM

Can.....almost......reach....the.....straw. Argh!

And he likes the [0] too

May 18, 2012, 6:24 PM

Thanks d|ckweed.

True, they would have been much better off in a

May 18, 2012, 6:33 PM

12-team SEC vs a 14 or 16 team SEC and just as you said the last thing they need is Clemson in a league that is viewed in the same light as the SEC. Scarolin may be the biggest loser of all in realignment.

We still out recruit the shamecocks…...

May 18, 2012, 6:45 PM

the difference in results was Ellis Johnson, and now he is gone.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: We still out recruit the shamecocks…...

May 18, 2012, 6:55 PM

That's what Nebraska thought too. Ward held them to their lowest point total of the season. Or are you claiming that the other 12 Defensive Coordinators that Nebraska faced last year, were no good? I'd worry about Venables if I was you. David Pollack, Mike Stoops and the clemson web site Shakin The Southland all said that Venables defenses underachieved. Venables had 9 four star recruited starters on his defense last year. He let offenses (Texas Tech, Oklahoma State and Baylor) with some good players but mostly 3 star talent, put 40+ points on them.

Once again it's time to educate a coot

May 18, 2012, 8:15 PM

Nebraska was a run first offense which is something that your D exceled at stopping. If they could throw the ball you would have been in more trouble. Also, I'm not worried about Venables at all The Big 12 has 3 f the top 5 offenses in the entire country and they still gave up on average 22 points a game. That's more then enough for our O to overcome. You'll be facing a DC that knows how to handle spread attacks and running QB and you have lost your DC. Ward could be good but we;ll see just how good he is. He doesn't have the pedigree that Venables has and if you haven't noticed our D will have plenty of 4/5 star players on it this year for him to mix and match to his liking.

Keep crowing coot, it'll make November all the sweeter in the Valley

You never learn.

May 18, 2012, 8:44 PM

But you will, sport.

May 18, 2012, 9:18 PM [ in reply to Re: We still out recruit the shamecocks…... ]

come on,nelly, ward had 1 game to not mess up ej's system. that is all you or i,or anyone can take out of the bowl game.the players knew the system,knew the calls,etc., if you saw something new (not a little tweak,like every team in the country does for a bowl game) please enlighten us,because if any other team in the country lost an dc with ej's resume,they would be worried or worse.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2012, 9:45 PM

If Nebraska had put 50 points on the board against Ward's defense, we would hear about it from you guys. The fact is that Lorenzo, not Johnson, made the defensive play calls in the game, that worked. Ward made adjustments in the course of the game resulting in shutting out Nebraska for the last 3 quarters of that game. And I would say about Venables: when 3 different sources said that Venables defenses underachieved, normal fans would be very worried.

We out recruit at the skill positions

May 19, 2012, 2:31 PM [ in reply to We still out recruit the shamecocks…... ]

They are whipping our butt at the line of scrimmage and thats where you win games.

Re: We out recruit at the skill positions

May 19, 2012, 2:33 PM

U R absolutely right

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Coach Ford would concur

May 19, 2012, 2:38 PM

This I assure.

Re: We out recruit at the skill positions

May 19, 2012, 2:41 PM [ in reply to We out recruit at the skill positions ]

Yep. Gotta get the biggies

LOL

May 18, 2012, 6:47 PM

SEC has won the past 6 football national championships. Also, Carolina will be able to sell to local recruits that we both go after that their family and friends do not have to travel as far to watch them play. The SEC state population numbers are 49% greater than that of the Big 12 even after adding the states of Florida and SC to the Big 12 column. SEC TV viewership was 66% greater than that of the Big 12 last year. The SEC is unmatched regarding football power. And regardless what TV deal the Big 12 gets, it will not be close to what the SEC will get.

SEC Doormats

May 18, 2012, 8:49 PM

Do you wear Bama pajamas to bed? And LSU underoos? Talk about a pathetic life? LOL!!

Re: SEC Doormats

May 19, 2012, 2:27 PM

Ironic coming from a fan of a school that wears Florida State pajamas and undies to get a conference invitation.

Biggest Loser in life - Gamecocks***

May 18, 2012, 7:11 PM

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2012, 8:05 PM

WOW...talk about doing mental gymnastics to come to a desired conclusion. You need to be in the Mental Gymnastic Olympics.

May 18, 2012, 8:40 PM

Within a month you stupid A## coots are going to lose the money advantage you have had. With the BIG X11 FB conference and the money. The Tigers will continue those same beat down on you coots as before. And you dumb A##ES thought it would last for ever. NOT, you still remember your old ways. Getting back to it should be easy for ya. The only thing that was meant to last forever was, y'alls meaningless existence. Everything will be back to normal in a short while. I know you know how that will suck. That is just the way it was always meant to be. Usuc will be back at in its rightful place of sucking it again. Usuc sucks!!!

Message was edited by: allorangeallthetime52®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

May 18, 2012, 9:10 PM

Honestly, I don't think Spurrier cares less about us leaving the ACC.

Wow, just..Hahahahahahahahahaaaaa***

May 18, 2012, 9:33 PM

That's a stretch, plus Spurrier will be gone before any of

May 19, 2012, 2:36 PM

this would happen.

null

If Spurrier had any doubts in Lorenzo Ward

May 19, 2012, 2:48 PM

he would have gone after a big name DC. He had the guy that everybody in Ok preferred over Venables asking for the job.

Re: If Spurrier had any doubts in Lorenzo Ward

May 19, 2012, 2:49 PM

riiiiiiiiiiight.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 25
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic