Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
One of our Active Duty Marines needs your support
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 4
| visibility 1,273

One of our Active Duty Marines needs your support

Jun 5, 2019, 7:40 PM

I know this is nothing Clemson related, but we're trying to get the word out...

Gunnery Sergeant Sidney Graves is an extremely solid Marine who is also a Purple Heart recipient. Unfortunately, yesterday on his way to the base at Camp Pendleton, a large truck moving down the freeway at well over 100mph slammed into his and another car. The other driver was killed instantly. GySgt Graves thought he had GAP insurance, but found out the hard way that he did not and is facing financial hardship.

If you would like to support him and his family (wife and 2 kids), please see the GoFundMe link below.

https://www.gofundme.com/gysgt-graves-road-to-recovery?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=fb_dn_postdonate_r

Below is dash cam footage of the incident. Please say a prayer for the family of the girl in the other vehicle that was killed. This video is a great lesson to always be aware of your surroundings; many other drivers were and are alive today because of it.

(2:15 mark shows the truck approaching)
https://youtu.be/KNRxup0WhMo

Thanks for any help you can provide to one of our nation's heroes.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Regretful & unnecessary death of a girl..

Jun 5, 2019, 8:14 PM

I have looked at the video after the wreck occurred & see what appears like a male going from left side of truck, crossing the median & collasping near the far side near on-coming traffic.

He never moves & gets the attention of several people including a medic & a highway patrolman.

I presume the girl killed is trapped in ripped apart car part entangled in front of the truck.

What a crime & waste of life!

badge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonorlightbulbbill.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow... just wow. Thanks for posting.***

Jun 5, 2019, 8:49 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: One of our Active Duty Marines needs your support

Jun 5, 2019, 9:14 PM

Really they are trying to charge him money even though he was the one that was hit/injured? That’s not fair to me. It’s really sad by what was said the driver of the truck had minor to no injuries yet killed one and badly hurt others.

Message was edited by: Clemson_country89®

Message was edited by: Clemson_country89®

Re: One of our Active Duty Marines needs your support

Jun 5, 2019, 9:56 PM

Thanks for the SitRep, will check out the link you posted. S/F

Replies: 4
| visibility 1,273
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic