Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
If you weren't impressed with Clemson and LSU....
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 5
| visibility 1,894

If you weren't impressed with Clemson and LSU....

Dec 29, 2019, 2:27 PM

....yesterday, then you need to correct anyone who refers to you as a football fan.

Regardless of which team you root for, one of the 4 teams that played, or Delta State or Stanford or Yale, any football fan would be impressed with both those teams yesterday.

Clemson: The desire, the grit, the perseverance, the will to win, the drive to overcome, the ability to fight through adversity, and the ability to make enough big plays on both sides of the ball to win the game was nothing short of ASTOUNDINGLY IMPRESSIVE.

Ohio State is a great, not just good, but great team. They are as physical a team, both sides of the ball, as I have seen all year. They don't just hit you, they slobberknock you. (Yes, I saw some plays that I would consider over the line. When TL was targeted, the second you who was in on the takcle didn't just grab him around the helmet and take him to the ground, he was clearly trying to twist his head as he was tackling him. Just one example, I saw others.) As I said in another post, that game - by both teams - was as hard hitting and physical a game as I have seen since Mickey Andrews was the DC for FSU in the 90s during our dynasty days. Nothing came cheap. Both teams made the other earn everything they got.

LSU: Their execution of their offense was off the charts. They deserve every accolade they got after the game and are getting today. Easily the most impressive offensive performance I have witnessed in years. I've seen teams score more, get more yards, etc., than I saw yesterday. But, not in that setting and against that level of competition.

Oklahoma was depleted, for sure. Suspensions and injuries hurt them, for sure. But, even with that, they are still a very, very good team. LSU made them look like Vandy or Duke or Illinois.

Do I expect LSU to look that good against Clemson? Nope. Do I expect Clemson to make as many mistakes early in the game as they did yesterday? Nope.

I expect a great game played by two great teams. I see two great offenses, one great defense and one defense that has improved dramatically late in the season, but isn't at the great level.

As Leonard (of Leonard's Losers - for you old, old fans) would say, "Leonard's loser, in a close one, LSU.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree, both were great games. Means a lot coming from a fan of a

Dec 29, 2019, 2:43 PM

program that has dominated other teams in the past.

I really want FSU vs Clemson to mean something again real soon. We couldn’t come with you guys after Ford left and you guys have never really recovered from Fisher taking over from Bobby. I would love to see both programs peak at the same time.

Thanks for the complementary post.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: If you weren't impressed with Clemson and LSU....

Dec 29, 2019, 2:46 PM

Well said LSU Bret. Always welcome your thoughts.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Re: If you weren't impressed with Clemson and LSU....

Dec 29, 2019, 2:49 PM

Sorry about that...
FSU Bret.
I've got LSU on the mind now.

"If a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal."

Wow, a post that long with nothing I can disagree on

Dec 29, 2019, 3:07 PM

I can't think of a thing that I don't agree with in your post. When you say that OSU was sloberknocking you are correct. The way they played reminded me of the way that Syracuse played back in 2017 or that Alabama played in The Bear's last game. They gave it everything they had. You could tell that they wanted to be the first OSU team to beat Clemson. To me it looked like they were playing over their heads with the hitting and aggressiveness while Clemson players were going about as if it was a normal game.

I agree that their were some hits by OSU players that were at least borderline excessive and I am sure that Trevor feels it today along with most of the other players on both sides. As one person described it as OSU was bringing the wood tonight. I was impressed with OSU that they were much better that I thought especially on defense and the secondary. They covered our receivers better than anyone I can remember.

But either way it s on to Nawlins to meet the Cajun Coach and his team of Tigers. We are going to find out just how good they are or if yesterday was a fluke when they utterly destroyed a very good Oklahoma team with one of the only two QB's to beat Clemson in the last three years. I remember the first time I saw LSU playing with their new transfer QB I thought, what a perfect fit. For some reason to me he looked like the perfect LSU QB and the name Joe Burrow just sounded like a name from Louisiana.

Just say that I am impressed with OSU and LSU but I am most impressed the Clemson Tigers.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Thanks Percy!***

Dec 29, 2019, 3:21 PM

Replies: 5
| visibility 1,894
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic