Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wow Phil Fulmer is getting his Joseph Stalin on
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 29
| visibility 1

Wow Phil Fulmer is getting his Joseph Stalin on

Dec 2, 2017, 6:37 AM

You can tell this dude just won the coup he's been trying to engineer the last nine years. He's got everything but a life-sized poster of himself on the wall behind him.

He comes in thundering about how "it's time that we all pull together...and be part of the solution" - but it sounds like a threat and a demand, not a request - and that "there is much work to be done". There is clearly a Plan. With a capital-P. The Darth Vader music didn't quite play at that juncture, but my mind filled it in anyway.

This dude was always sinister - when he had John Chavis standing next to him on the sideline, they easily could have been confused for a couple of mafia dons - but wow time has not mellowed him. It is clear Tennessee is now prepared to win again, By Any Means Necessary.

(Roh-roh. My mind filled in a lot of blanks here too. Keep in mind Phil Fulmer was the guy who turned in Alabama in 2000 and nearly got them the Death Penalty...because the Vols finished second in the infamous Albert Means auction.)

http://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/21632153/tennessee-volunteers-turn-phillip-fulmer-serve-athletic-director

Oh, and just as an aside, the ESPN article mentioned the school is also investigating whether they can fire their former AD, Bill Currie, with cause. (Even though everybody knows they fired him because they didn't like how he was handling the coaching search!) Which translates as: they're overtly LOOKING for a way to operate in bad faith and break the legally binding contract they signed with their former athletic director so they can bilk him out of the $5.5 million buyout he legally is due for them parting ways with him early. Because he failed to hire a coach...which might have had something to do with the fact that Phil Fulmer - who was after Currie's job! - was busily sabotaging UT's coaching search.

That's some fantastic Machiovellian stuff going on, there. I'm sure the head-coaching candidates will be flocking from all over to jump into that stewpot. Whoo, doggy.

And people wonder why coaches are avoiding the SEC like the plague.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I thought Fulmer had previously been offered the AD job?

Dec 2, 2017, 6:43 AM

I guess I'm mixed up. I know he was so p'ed at the administration he refused to help them when Kiffen bailed.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I thought Fulmer had previously been offered the AD job?

Dec 2, 2017, 6:50 AM

I think you're right. I don't know what the particulars were that led him to turning it down, though. There's some very weird politics going on in that part of the world and to judge from this past week they are obviously very messy. I had always heard Fulmer believes he never should have been fired and has always been a major stumbling block for whatever coach was trying to gain traction there, though.

Imo, that's the best move they've made to repair...

Dec 2, 2017, 6:50 AM

the damage from firing PF.

I know he's a turd but he loves UT. He's as crooked as a dog's leg but that business as usually in the SEC. I approve his hire to unite the fans and coordinate their recuperation from the decade old tragedy.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No one should be surprised! This is the same Phil Fulmer

Dec 2, 2017, 6:56 AM

that forced Johnny Majors out at Tennessee in order to get the HC job. It's a way of life for him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

that forced Johnny Majors out at Tennessee in order to get the HC job. It's a way of life for him.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wow Phil Fulmer is getting his Joseph Stalin on

Dec 2, 2017, 6:57 AM

Nice analysis,Q!+1
Your Darth Vader music reference brings to mind this question. In your scenario, Fulmer would have to be the Emperor, so who will he hire as his Darth Vader coach?

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Nice analysis,Q!+1
Your Darth Vader music reference brings to mind this question. In your scenario, Fulmer would have to be the Emperor, so who will he hire as his Darth Vader coach?

I was formally known as Furious george and have changed my name to match the name I use to call on WCCP radio.

Nice analysis,Q!+1

Dec 2, 2017, 6:58 AM

Nice analysis,Q!+1

What football coach in their right mind would want to work

under such an a-hole athletic director who also is the former football coach that won a national championship there? I have delusional Tennessee fans on Face Book posting about how it's time to go out and get Gruden now. These people are freaking insane.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nice analysis,Q!+1

Dec 2, 2017, 7:01 AM

Sorry for multiple posts. I got some kind of server error after each attempt and i thought post ahd failed.

Same here. I think everyone in this thread suffered likewise***

Dec 2, 2017, 7:16 AM

Same here. I think everyone in this thread suffered likewise***

Dec 2, 2017, 7:16 AM [ in reply to Re: Wow Phil Fulmer is getting his Joseph Stalin on ]

The mess at both Ten and Florida is the best thing that ever

Dec 2, 2017, 7:59 AM

happened to USuC...

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

News from USuC...
"Richardson was the 20th Gamecock arrested since Spurrier was hired in Nov. 2004"

Fluxus®
"As I watched the game yesterday I couldn't help but feel crushed. We beat Furman by 4 TDs, but to me it looked like we got whipped."

"George Bush, we are reliably informed by the media, has the IQ of a moron, though how he matriculated from Yale and Harvard or flew an F-106 will remain an unexplained mystery. Doubtless his father bribed the airplane to fly itself."

Tupac Gilmer is back and has already completed a drive-by

Dec 2, 2017, 8:03 AM

Popped a cap in John Currie

-Doc

2005_ncaa_champ.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I've been wrong two times, but this isn't one of them.

Tupac Fulmer is back and has already completed a drive-by

Popped a cap in John Currie.

-Doc

Re: Wow Phil Fulmer is getting his Joseph Stalin on***

If they do a little research, they will find that Fat Phil

back stabbed Johnny Majors to get the job the first time....I think I'm right on that..

Dec 2, 2017, 8:04 AM

back stabbed Johnny Majors to get the job the first time....I think I'm right on that..

What football coach in their right mind would want to work

Dec 2, 2017, 8:08 AM

under such an athletic director who just happens to be the former football coach that won a national championship there? They will constantly have to be looking out for him watching over their shoulder, undermining them or the knife in the back. I have delusional Tennessee friends on Face Book posting about this morning about how it's time to go out and get Gruden now! These people are insane.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Dec 2, 2017, 8:08 AM

you wanna read some cray-cray, check this out

Dec 2, 2017, 8:21 AM

if 10% of this is true, this will make an EPIC 30 for 30 documentary.

https://www.outkickthecoverage.com/game-thrones-meets-tennessee-athletics/

I'm still unclear how people can just throw around

Dec 2, 2017, 9:06 AM

the term "sabotage" without explanation. What exactly did he do?

null

haha.... what qualifies you to criticize their move?

Dec 2, 2017, 9:28 AM

anyone can copy and paste a bunch of stuff and make up opinions

So who is the most Darth Vaderish coach...

Dec 2, 2017, 10:49 AM

For Emperor Fulmer to hire. Obviously, when I think Darth Vader and football I think of little Nikki, but that ain’t happening.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 29
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic