Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
A Bunch of Filthy Rich Dudes Who Have Higher Out of Wedlock
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 27
| visibility 1

A Bunch of Filthy Rich Dudes Who Have Higher Out of Wedlock

Sep 26, 2017, 10:54 PM

Rates of Children, Higher Domestic Abuse Rates And Higher Criminal Transgression Rates Than the population in general protesting equality seems kinda hypocritical.

NFL Players Clean Your Own House Up First Then Maybe I Will Take You Seriously. Bottom Line The Product You Put Out There is Not Great, Don't Ruin What Little Entertainment Value You Still Provide.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Just out of curiosity

Sep 26, 2017, 10:57 PM

How do you decide which words to capitalize?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Not SUre...sOMETIMES tHe SPiRIT jUSt MovEs me***

Sep 26, 2017, 10:59 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Not SUre...sOMETIMES tHe SPiRIT jUSt MovEs me***

Sep 26, 2017, 11:01 PM

^^^LbB's scok

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I Don't Have an IP Masker to Set Up Multiple Accounts

Sep 26, 2017, 11:05 PM

To Dumb to do it.

Re: Just out of curiosity

Sep 26, 2017, 11:23 PM [ in reply to Just out of curiosity ]

Hahahahaha

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sep 27, 2017, 7:32 AM [ in reply to Just out of curiosity ]

It is a Microsoft Word setting to capitalize the first letter of each word. Google is your friend.

Sep 27, 2017, 8:45 AM [ in reply to Just out of curiosity ]

Judge Keller......asking the real questions.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sounds like you are talking about Trump.

Sep 26, 2017, 11:08 PM

Child he had with Marla Maples wasn't out of wedlock, but conception was (and it was adultery).

Tee-hee. Killer burn.***

Sep 27, 2017, 2:28 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Anybody that says Coach Brownell is the best coach to come through Clemson is going to start an argument." -JP Hall

So Trump created life while Hillary destroyed it? Got it.***

Sep 27, 2017, 6:46 AM [ in reply to Sounds like you are talking about Trump. ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

There's something in these hills.

RA'ed For Post Hijacking....Burrnnnnn***

Sep 27, 2017, 9:19 AM [ in reply to Sounds like you are talking about Trump. ]

Right!!! Ole "Grab'em by the p-ssy" really has some ..

Sep 27, 2017, 6:37 AM

high moral ground to stand on!

Jameis???***

Sep 27, 2017, 7:26 AM

Re: Jameis???***

Sep 27, 2017, 7:34 AM

Don't think he said that, but ole Commander-in-Chief did!

He said something equally as bad in college

Sep 27, 2017, 7:58 AM

F**k her right in the p***y.

Snowflake Basher........Out

what does this have to do with the original OP

Sep 27, 2017, 9:26 AM [ in reply to Right!!! Ole "Grab'em by the p-ssy" really has some .. ]

he only talked about the NFL players and he isn't wrong with the assessment. Facts back that up.

However Trump isn't all sunshine so I agree but just not seeing how it relates to OP.

I've been trying to stay out of this

Sep 27, 2017, 6:50 AM

And, I feel very strongly about it. But, really only for myself. On a scale of 1-10 on how important it is for ME to show my respect for the colors during the national anthem, it's definitely an 11. I always use the time during the anthem to imagine what it was like for veterans of older wars (Korea, Vietnam, WWII, WWI, Civil War, Revolutionary War). I'm a veteran, and have deployed three times. But, I didn't have it NEARLY as bad as those real veterans. Anyway, I always use the time while I'm saluting the flag to think about them and express silent gratitude for the sacrifices they made, the widows they made, the fatherless children they made, the mourning mothers, fathers, siblings, friends, fiancees, etc.

On the other hand, using the same scale of 1-10 (technically 11 now) on how important it is to me that other people express their gratitude (if they have any), I'd say it's closer to a 1. What other people do with their level of gratitude is really none of my business. I agree, it's a distraction. But, I'm not easily distracted. You can't distract me from my own gratitude. And, that's exactly what those who served died for. I know, it's ironic. But, it is what it is. And there really isn't anything anyone can do about it. It would only make it worse.

My two cents. Take it or leave it. I really don't care either way. It's not my place to try to change anyone's beliefs.

I would like to know, from the OP, is there a source for the information about the rates of children out of wedlock, domestic abuse, and criminal transgression in the NFL? I'd just like to look at that out of curiosity. Were there other statistics in there, as well?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Only one thing worse:

Sep 27, 2017, 7:23 AM

people who support their habit by employing them with their fan[atic] worship.

Re: Only one thing worse:

Sep 27, 2017, 7:37 AM

^^^ I guess that makes them ZEROES. That's where I would put them.

The only reason the NFL owners are supporting them is that without them the NFL would collapse overnight if they fired all of them. Owners are just covering their own interests, and are probably just selling their souls to the devil (if they haven't done that earlier in life). Regardless, the devil owns them, and they own the souls of anyone that supports the NFL or NBA.

When it filters down to college and high school, then I won't support them in any way either. To #### with each and every one of them.

The irony is that this owners are basically modern day

Sep 27, 2017, 7:55 AM

slave owners. They buy the best players they can for their team in order to pad their own pockets which is exponentially more than the players earn. Put them out on the field to beat the $hit out of each other then discard them when they no longer bring value. Bring in next group to do it again.

Government assistance is similar. Keeps a limit on a person's potential by giving away just enough to make a person feel satisfied and takes away their motivation.

Re: The irony is that this owners are basically modern day

Sep 27, 2017, 8:04 AM

And most of them probably voted for Trump....

How is this different than any business?

Sep 27, 2017, 9:44 AM [ in reply to The irony is that this owners are basically modern day ]

Would you do different if you owned and ran a business?

Tell us how.

When the sperm donors become the fathers they are supposed

Sep 27, 2017, 7:47 AM

to be, many of these social issues will improve. The man of a household is the family leader and should raise a loving family while teaching honor, respect, discipline, etc. Based on the article below from a CNN anchor, the father is absent and the child that didn't ask and would not want for him to not be around is put into a bad position from the start. Mom and grandma, bless their hearts, can only do so and would rather have the father there to be the leader. My dad taught me at an early age to respect others, to obey laws, to study and work hard, etc and I knew what he would do if I didn't. I was held accountable for my actions and actually knew what that means because my dad taught that. Unfortunately, this inequality that African-Americans perceive by police is because often police commands aren't obeyed which makes cop feel they are in threatening situation. When you are told to stop, you stop. When you are told to put your hands up, put your hands up. That quickly defuses any hostile situation and things can be sorted out peacefully. Yes, there are bad cops like there are some bad people in every occupation but many of the evils that we as people often perceive are of our own doing.

CNN's Don Lemon says more than 72 percent of African-American births are out of wedlock

By Louis Jacobson on Monday, July 29th, 2013 at 6:48 p.m.

CNN anchor Don Lemon offered a commentary on race that went viral. We fact-checked a claim he made about out-of-wedlock births among African-Americans.
In the middle of a national conversation about race following the George Zimmerman acquittal, CNN anchor Don Lemon gave an on-air commentary that went viral on social media. The focus of the commentary was a five-point list of recommendations. "Black people," Lemon said, "if you really want to fix the problem, here's just five things that you should think about doing."

The No. 1 item on that list -- "and probably the most important," he said -- had to do with out-of-wedlock births.

"Just because you can have a baby, it doesn't mean you should," Lemon said. "Especially without planning for one or getting married first. More than 72 percent of children in the African-American community are born out of wedlock. That means absent fathers. And the studies show that lack of a male role model is an express train right to prison and the cycle continues."

Lemon’s commentary inspired a firestorm of criticism on social media -- the website Mediaite published a sampling -- and bloggers took aim at his conclusions.

"If Lemon really wanted to help the black community, he could start by adopting a deeper understanding of the history, sociology and psychology of his own people," wrote Washington Post blogger Rahiel Tesfamariam. "Offering made-for-TV analysis about deeply complex social issues in the manner in which he did is irresponsible and lacks intellectual rigor."

We can’t check Lemon’s opinions, but we did want to take a look at the one verifiable fact he offered. Is it correct that "more than 72 percent of children in the African-American community are born out of wedlock"?

We turned to data from the federal Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, which publishes a report every year that includes a wealth of data about births in America. The most recent report, published in August 2012, is based on data from 2010.

The report broke down statistics by ethnic groups. Here’s a summary

Racial or ethnic group
Percent of births considered "non-marital"
Asian Americans and Pacific Islanders
17 percent
Non-Hispanic whites
29 percent
Hispanics
53 percent
American Indian and Native Alaskans
66 percent
Non-Hispanic blacks
73 percent

Wow. 73% is almost unbelievable

Sep 27, 2017, 8:07 AM

Somebody points out the real root of the issue and he gets lambasted for it. This is why it will never be corrected.

VT will be a tougher game than many believe***

Sep 27, 2017, 8:51 AM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: A Bunch of Filthy Rich Dudes Who Have Higher Out of Wedlock

Sep 27, 2017, 9:20 AM

Oh I thought you were describing Trump...

Re: I read where one guy fathered over 10 kids

Sep 27, 2017, 9:39 AM

All with separate women.

Replies: 27
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic