Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Sporting News article nicely sums up Gallman targeting incident
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 5,440

Sporting News article nicely sums up Gallman targeting incident

Oct 24, 2016, 9:48 PM

http://www.sportingnews.com/ncaa-football/news/wayne-gallman-concussion-clemson-football-injury/1bf3rnogg2eg01gdp6rhv2oliy

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sporting News article nicely sums up Gallman targeting incident

Oct 24, 2016, 10:06 PM

"A few weeks ago"

Just freakin terrible attempt at legit journalism.

Glad to see this being picked up nationally - FINALLY!***

Oct 24, 2016, 10:15 PM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes, most complete summary with video proof! ACC, Doeren

Oct 24, 2016, 10:21 PM

and Wright should face consequences. Gallman could be seriously injured. Dabo or AD needs step up to protect players in future.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

What haven't they done to protect the player's safety?***

Oct 24, 2016, 11:07 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I saw the video for the first time.

Oct 25, 2016, 8:54 AM [ in reply to Yes, most complete summary with video proof! ACC, Doeren ]

I am not convinced the NCSt player was leading with the head to make contact with Gallman's head. He was, clearly, leading with the head, but looks to me as though he was going for the ball.

Whether this is accurate or not, I am much more willing to overlook what the player did than I am what the coach said. It's football and stuff happens. It is out of line when a coach so supports injuring others that he makes his position clear in a press conference. He ought to be shown the door immediately.

Re: why couldn't the NCAA over rule this? & reprimand ACC

Oct 25, 2016, 12:23 AM [ in reply to Glad to see this being picked up nationally - FINALLY!*** ]

Why couldn't the NCAA over-rule this & reprimand the ACC?
ACC "justice is blind".. as a bat.
:-/

GO TIGERS!!!

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Ive never seen a clearer example of targeting...

Oct 24, 2016, 10:30 PM

...the ACC has no ethics or shame

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Sporting News article nicely sums up Gallman targeting incident

Oct 24, 2016, 10:43 PM

At least someone picked up the real story about the targeting call that the refs and the ACC sweep under the rug.

We should appeal and every major news agency should know about this.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

We keep getting better & better everyday, in every way!
“The only disability is a bad Attitude” Dabo Swinney!!
Let’s Go Tigers!

Disgusting...NC State guy was flying in with helmet down

Oct 24, 2016, 11:05 PM

Clearly using the top of his helmet as a spear. That guy should have been ejected for multiple games since it was an aggravated assault. And the NC State coach....pathetic. Did he not see this replay? Could have paralyzed Gallman for life! And then we see BS targeting calls all the time.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Disgusting...NC State guy was flying in with helmet down

Oct 24, 2016, 11:22 PM

What about the other player falling down on Gallman helmet to helmet after the big hit. I just believe it was a coaches call to take Clemson players out of the game bc they played nasty through out the entire game!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Wow

Oct 24, 2016, 11:27 PM

That looked intentional too. I hadn't noticed that. So happy we won and that Louisville embarrassed them this past weekend. What a bunch of punks.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgmilitary_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wow

Oct 25, 2016, 5:37 AM

They also do crap like that bc they know there is no fear of Dabo instructing his player to play dirty like that!!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Basically...

Oct 24, 2016, 11:54 PM

the replay of that NC State player leading with his helmet and Doeran's comment as if it's an accomplishment weren't enough for the ACC to say it's targeting.

From now on, ACC will only call targeting on a player who has a visible sign hanging from his neck saying "I'm targeting".

Unless it's Clemson on defense then anything close or not

Oct 25, 2016, 6:52 AM

close to helmet on helmet is obviously targeting. The call on Boulware in BC game that was overturned thankfully.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Unless it's Clemson on defense then anything close or not

Oct 29, 2016, 10:12 AM

Agree

ACC official response on request for review of that hit:

Oct 29, 2016, 10:36 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 5,440
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic