Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Wow, this is a really bad look for the Houston program
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,869

Wow, this is a really bad look for the Houston program

Oct 11, 2019, 8:13 AM

even if this is somewhat embellished it's close enough to what we already know that they don't look good coming out of this. I personally never liked DH. Always thought he was a bit of a pompous jerk

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.thebiglead.com/amp/posts/houston-justin-murphy-dana-holgorsen-twitter-01dpwbmj896h

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree that Holgorsen is one of my least favorite coaches***

Oct 11, 2019, 8:21 AM

null

Message was edited by: dsgriff®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Wow, this is a really bad look for the Houston program

Oct 11, 2019, 8:24 AM

Very interesting- need to read the whole thing to fully understand his point. If accurate I would be upset too. The best thing about his rant is that he used his opportunity to get a good degree and plans to use it.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Oct 11, 2019, 9:03 AM

Summation: All the way up with a red hot poker - Robby Benson

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=334mBXSQgpo

As much as I detest the tanking going on at Houston, my

Oct 11, 2019, 10:08 AM

question for the young man doing the posting on Twitter would be: "Who exactly twisted your arm and forced you to come play college football?" He is just mad at the world because his lofty dreams didn't turn out as planned. I got news for you kid, it's called "life in the real world". It ain't all roses and free Raptors out there.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ Talk about missing the point***

Oct 11, 2019, 11:47 AM

The player's career injury problems are really due to a first year HC?

Oct 11, 2019, 10:37 AM

Ok.

My take away is Justin Murphy was bringing up the hot topic of the moment about the money coaches, and programs make. While hinting at players not being compensated other than educational expenses.
He lists his career knee injuries.Then ups the anti for his "possible" future bout with cte.
I'm just saying Murphy sounds more like a disgruntled former player trying to make sure he can get a little piece of the pie when the time comes.Which he may very well deserve. I don't know enough about the program, player, or coach to reach that conclusion.

Oct 11, 2019, 11:24 AM

What a POS. UH has had success and some pretty good coaching situations. Mark my words, by the time Dana leaves UH will be in shambles. Great job coach??

After reading the series of tweets from this Senior transfer

Oct 11, 2019, 12:06 PM

After reading the series of tweets from this Senior transfer answer the one question poll below.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

After reading the series of tweets from this Senior transfer

Oct 11, 2019, 12:08 PM

After reading the series of tweets from this Senior transfer answer the one question poll below.

This kid has ...    [Results]

Hit the nail on the head!
Demonstrates sour grapes!
2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'm no Holgorsen fan and I don't much care if Houston

Oct 11, 2019, 12:53 PM

wins or not, regardless of who the coach is. That said,...

People need to read that series of twits (yes, I said 'Twits') and realize it's the ranting of a disappointed, if not butthurt, child with a like-minded blogger dude who just happens to love a good ##### session. I get he's struggling about an injury but just as Dabo says, it's not what happens to you, it's how you respond.

So many issues in the twits, but the first one that jumped out at me was this "But it’s like corporate tax evasion, it’s all within the rules and with the long-term success of the program in mind." Hey, genius, long-term success is what every coach and CEO in the world is after. And what difference does it make to you if you are physically unable to perform, PUP is what the NFL calls it.

And we don't have one single clue what the relationship between the HC and Murphy was like prior to this. Has Murphy been a mouthy cancerous turd in the locker room, weight room, and practice field? My money says 'Hell yes' based on these twits. Funny to me that regardless of what anyone ever thought of Dana Holgorsen we didn't hear too many, if any, stories such as this in the past. So all of a sudden one guy with a big mouth and a cell phone has issues and we're to believe all of it? Color me 'skeptical', or 'cynical'. I don't much care which.

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,869
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic