Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Word around campus with Tay Bryant
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 32
| visibility 1

Word around campus with Tay Bryant

Jan 14, 2014, 3:27 PM

Is that apparently he had no choice but to go pro. It is verified that he does have children to support from different mothers, but what many people don't know is that he was debating quitting football next season to get a job if the NFL opportunity didn't pan out. He's making the right decision for his children, and I respect the hell out of him for doing that

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

You respect the hell out of him for having multiple

Jan 14, 2014, 3:31 PM

baby mommas? You respect the hell out of him for dropping out of college to get a minimum wage to try to make enough money to "support" the children?

Let's face it, if he played another year he'd go from a 4th rounder to a most likely first rounder. That is millions of dollars in difference...seems to me the logical thing to do is that.

The pressure his baby mommas put on him is the reason for this crap, already spending money they're anticipating on getting as a windfall for knocking up a star athlete.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Cole @ Beach Cole w/ Clemson Hat

NFL = minimum wage?***

Jan 14, 2014, 3:35 PM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Read the OP's post...

Jan 14, 2014, 3:36 PM

"but what many people don't know is that he was debating quitting football next season to get a job if the NFL opportunity didn't pan out."

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_pickem_champ.jpgbadge-ringofhonor-soccerkrzy.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Facts... Pffff.***

Jan 14, 2014, 4:12 PM

Agree***

Jan 14, 2014, 3:36 PM [ in reply to You respect the hell out of him for having multiple ]

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: You respect the hell out of him for having multiple

Jan 14, 2014, 3:39 PM [ in reply to You respect the hell out of him for having multiple ]

Yes. Face it, it's a new day and age. Guys will do things as extreme as changing their phone number and moving away if they find out they got a girl pregnant. Or suggest an abortion. I'm not saying he made the right decision knocking some girls up, but at least he's owning up to his mistake to make the most of it, instead of pretending the problems don't exist. Too many athletes these days would just avoid it.

2024 student level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"new day and age"

Jan 14, 2014, 3:42 PM

as if people never used to have illegitimate children.

It wasn't nearly as common for college football players

Jan 14, 2014, 3:43 PM

as it is now, and not nearly as accepted. And that's a crying shame.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

are you sure?

Jan 14, 2014, 3:45 PM

sex isn't a new phenomenon

Did you know you can have sex without getting the girl

Jan 14, 2014, 3:47 PM

pregnant?

It is definitely more prevalent nowadays. It is a mentality to spread their seed.

of course it is, everything is worse now

Jan 14, 2014, 3:52 PM

It fits into the lazy "whats the world coming too" phrase.

100% without a doubt. Of course sex isn't new, but

Jan 14, 2014, 3:55 PM [ in reply to are you sure? ]

there was a time not that long ago that having children out of wedlock was frowned upon, for good and obvious reasons. Now, in certain cultures and certain people, it is not only not frowned upon, and is not merely accepted as normal, but appears to be regarded as a beautiful thing.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: 100% without a doubt. Of course sex isn't new, but

Jan 14, 2014, 4:54 PM

sure!!!!!!!!!!! they get absolutely covered up with govn supplied tax payer $$$$..

badge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It just wasn't as common in the past...

Jan 14, 2014, 4:59 PM [ in reply to are you sure? ]

for anybody to have children outside of wedlock. Period. It's always been a little more common among african- americans (as a result of poverty), but the problem has skyrocketed since the 60's.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I'll agree with that***

Jan 14, 2014, 3:42 PM [ in reply to Re: You respect the hell out of him for having multiple ]

If true, what a shame. What the #### is wrong with

Jan 14, 2014, 3:32 PM

young men, impregnating wimmins at random? And what's the matter with these pathetic wimmins, getting impregnated and spitting out babies? No way to spin it into a positive, if true.

- H. L. Mencken

Simple answer. Lack of father figure in the home.***

Jan 14, 2014, 5:06 PM

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

GO TIGERS!!

Re: Word around campus with Tay Bryant

Jan 14, 2014, 3:34 PM

Millions of hard working people support their kids every day. It called being a responsible adult. So to my way of thinking he is doing what he should do. Period. I dont think I'm going to give him dad of the year for that but it is nice he is taking responsibility when many dont or wont

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

A guy his age, not married, with babies by two different

Jan 14, 2014, 3:36 PM

women is the opposite of responsible.

- H. L. Mencken

Re: A guy his age, not married, with babies by two different

Jan 14, 2014, 3:38 PM

I meant supporting you kids is responsible. the part you mentioned isnt obviously.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agreed***

Jan 14, 2014, 3:39 PM

- H. L. Mencken

^^^knows how to unimpregnate a woman without her approval***

Jan 14, 2014, 3:41 PM [ in reply to A guy his age, not married, with babies by two different ]

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Not a good way, thus the irresponsibility.***

Jan 14, 2014, 3:57 PM

- H. L. Mencken

I am so surprised...

Jan 14, 2014, 3:39 PM

someone didn't give you the..."GERMANS" -lol here

old news.

Wouldn't he make more money with a degree?

Jan 14, 2014, 3:41 PM

I'm sure he would make more money with a degree, this is a ridiculous thread.

you serious, clark?***

Jan 14, 2014, 4:58 PM

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

FAT TAX NOW!

hes gonna be sad when he makes the

Jan 14, 2014, 4:10 PM

League min for a one year contract

gee thanks Mr Insider

Jan 14, 2014, 4:29 PM

blowhard

His draft status means a high likelihood of being cut

Jan 14, 2014, 4:30 PM

1st through 3rd rounders are a pretty good shot of making a team and sticking with it. 4-7 better show out in the preseason.

I'd say 1 more year of school just about guarantees him of 3 years in the NFL. I fear that this has Derrick Hamilton written all over it.

Is it really appropriate to be posting about his private

Jan 14, 2014, 4:59 PM

affairs/life? I think this goes beyond his sport exploits. If he said he was leaving for personal reasons then I would respect that.

Not to really slam you but I often wonder about this Brave New World of the Internet.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

^^^ this too ^^^

Jan 14, 2014, 5:05 PM

I'm not gonna pat someone on the back for going out and having children by multiple women, which forced him into leaving college too early and risking guaranteed money. I do think it's good that he's trying to do something to provide for his kids, but I'm not sure risking the much larger amount he could make in the future for more immediate money is the best way to do things.

Still, these whole family sagas that fans get themselves mixed up in, whether it was with Geno's mom, Martavis Bryant's kids, or Nkimdeche's mother, make me uncomfortable. Usually we don't know as much as we think we know, and while our thoughts that we post might be well- intentioned, they're also usually stained with our concerns as Clemson fans rather than any real concern for the person we don't know at all.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: ^^^ this too ^^^

Jan 14, 2014, 5:30 PM

Well said....

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 32
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic