Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Would you know a pitt if one bit you in the ###?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 92
| visibility 1

Would you know a pitt if one bit you in the ###?

Mar 16, 2015, 1:58 PM

Be honest and tell me how many misses you had before you found a real Pitt Bull Terrier.

http://www.pickthepit.com/

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Would you know a pitt if one bit you in the ###?

Mar 16, 2015, 2:13 PM

HTH

Message was edited by: clemtiger117®

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

I wasn't addressing you, dummy!

Mar 16, 2015, 2:18 PM

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonor-clemsontiger1988-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: I wasn't addressing you, dummy!

Mar 16, 2015, 2:53 PM

Well I give a sh!t either

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

lulz

Mar 16, 2015, 2:54 PM

You wouldn't know a pitt if it bit you in the ### either?

Re: lulz

Mar 16, 2015, 2:55 PM

It wouldn't bite but one time! I promise you that

Re: I wasn't addressing you, dummy!

Mar 17, 2015, 3:30 PM [ in reply to Re: I wasn't addressing you, dummy! ]

Would you mind keeping you sh!t? I don't think I want any. ;)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpgringofhonormyfavorange.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Hit it on the first try

Mar 16, 2015, 3:07 PM

Then again, my wife helps out a pit bull rescue on occasions, so I've seen a few of them before.

You're the first one to respond.

Mar 16, 2015, 3:18 PM

Most folks who own what they believe to be Pitts miss this.

Mar 16, 2015, 3:21 PM

Dunno.....

Ask Clowney..... ;)

2024 orange level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Got it on the second guess

Mar 16, 2015, 3:22 PM

That Cane Corso with the cropped ears threw me off. They picked such an inconspicuous APT that I almost missed it.

The ears make a huge difference.

Mar 16, 2015, 3:30 PM

I always though folks clipped their ears to keep down injuries during fights so I've never clipped ears or tails. I can understand why tails are clipped. A pitt will beat you black and blue with their tail when they are happy.

Both my sons have registered pitts. They produced nine pups which were a burden to sell. We had to cull through a bunch of people who wanted them to fight. All of our pups went to families with kids who wanted pets.

We've got a lab/pitt mix with an intact tail

Mar 16, 2015, 4:11 PM

She hasn't broken or split it on anything yet, but it's constantly flying around and she can dead leg you in a hurry if she whacks the back of your knee with it. I'm kind of glad it wasn't clipped, though. It's hilarious to see her helicoptering around, and she hasn't hurt herself yet.

Very true, I wish mines tail was clipped. That tail is.....

Mar 18, 2015, 5:57 PM [ in reply to The ears make a huge difference. ]

going. It's a wonder my legs aren't bruised.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg2011_nascar_champ.gifringofhonor-celti_tiger-110.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Got it on the first try.***

Mar 16, 2015, 4:43 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

0 seconds and 1 attempt to find the Pit

Mar 16, 2015, 5:15 PM

Though if it were biting me I really wouldn't care what it was.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Looks like we got a bada$s, here***

Mar 16, 2015, 5:39 PM

Mar 16, 2015, 6:29 PM

First try and it was easy. I was actually confused and thought it was a trick question at first and that they were showing some deformed breeds. But nope, typical looking.

A lot similar to one that lives with me now with the exception of coat. Do people seriously associate mastiffs and Rotts with pit bulls?

Generally people know few breeds of big dogs.

Mar 16, 2015, 9:29 PM

Collie, Shepard, Doberman are generally known because they are featured in TV and movies. Pitt look alikes are shown as vicious, chained up monsters which always belong to the bad guys. I've not seen a real Pitt in a movie but it's pretty clear what they are shooting for when they show some of the big breeds in a bad light.

Do you mean a Staffordshire?***

Mar 16, 2015, 8:21 PM

Catahoula!!!***

Mar 16, 2015, 10:06 PM

Mar 16, 2015, 10:24 PM

Easy...picked in in 1 attempt

i think all you morans are lying about the 1st attempt...

Mar 17, 2015, 12:36 AM

prove it

"I've been working since I was 15 continually until now. I worked 40 hours a week at 15, when it wasn't even legal for 15 year olds to work that many hours."

Wierd reply?

Mar 17, 2015, 8:43 AM

The first dog you picked was American Pit Bull Terrier. It took you 0 seconds, and 1 attempt to find the Pit. The dog most commonly picked first is the American Pit Bull Terrier, and the average time is 2 minutes 41 seconds with 8 attempts.

Re: Wierd reply?

Mar 17, 2015, 9:28 AM

Took me 1 try , about 30 seconds.
I am really liking these Thai Ridgebacks though ! Might just have to get one of those . It is down to that , or the Belgian Malinois .

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

DB23

The Thai Ridgeback(beck?) is a beautiful dog. A good

Mar 18, 2015, 11:38 AM

buddy of mine has one, (or one that looks very similar to the one in the photo) and I don't believe I've ever seen a dog any lazier than his. Probably just my friend rubbing off on the dog (stop before you even make "that" joke....I'm looking at you DSP, CUTigerDave, etc.) ;)

Mar 17, 2015, 10:05 AM

This is an irresponsible posting. Don't you know even looking at pictures of pit bulls can kill you. Did you know they can kill an elephant with one bite. They have robotic jaws that lock shut with over 3000 psi of pressure. They are literally ticking time bombs. One exploded in a crowded room once killing 22 people.

Mar 18, 2015, 9:09 AM

Well the thing about the jaws is true. I've found that you pretty much have to choke one out if he gets a whole of a little dog or someone.

Pick up the hind legs. No dog likes it, they let go

Mar 18, 2015, 9:18 AM

or stop fighting.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Re: Pick up the hind legs. No dog likes it, they let go

Mar 18, 2015, 9:55 AM

This was the first instinct when the pitt I know got in a fight the first time. Didn't work. Thought I was going to break the legs I was pulling so hard and no budge. One buddy had dog's mouth and the other had him in choke hold and the choking him out was the only thing that worked. Scary situation where he had ahold of a smaller dog.

I would never advocate kicking a dog in the head, but as a last resort, that's an alternative way to knock them out. Easier said than done when he's moving.

Guy really should have had a Break Stick

Mar 18, 2015, 11:20 AM

http://www.pbrc.net/breaksticks.html

That's the easiest way to break up a dog fight where one has clamped on to the other.

Alternatively, you don't just pull the legs. You try to lift them off the ground by the legs. They aren't going to let go until you have most of them hanging from the air. If you were just wheelbarrowing it, they've still got leverage and won't let go.

This isn't specific to pits, it's just basic stuff that any owner of a larger dog needs to know.

Re: Pick up the hind legs. No dog likes it, they let go

Mar 18, 2015, 11:56 AM [ in reply to Re: Pick up the hind legs. No dog likes it, they let go ]

> Thought I was
> going to break the legs I was pulling so hard and no
> budge. One buddy had dog's mouth and the other had
> him in choke hold and the choking him out was the
> only thing that worked. Scary situation where he had
> ahold of a smaller dog.
>

Your friend's dog is an unruly ########, and not because it's a pitbull.

What was it doing unrestrained if it doesn't have any social skills? WHY doesn't it have social skills, and WHY doesn't it listen to its master?

I'm not trying to be insulting, but I'm guessing your buddy ain't Cesar Milan, and his dog isn't Petey.

How old is it? I don't know how getting in the hands of obedience trainer would work if it's older, but it might be worth a try.

Mar 18, 2015, 12:17 PM [ in reply to Re: Would you know a pitt if one bit you in the ###? ]

Nope it's a myth perpetrated by ignorant media. Their jaw structure us no different than any other dogs. They do have an uncanny willingness to hold on to things

Would you know a pitt if one bit you in the ###?.. TO easy

Mar 17, 2015, 11:48 AM

First try... The question I would be interested in knowing is how many of these other dogs were developed to grab one hold larger animals or to fight?... To me it's not the current owner that makes a pit type dog more dangerous than a lab, it's the generations of selective breeding for specific purpose and ability. I've had all kinds of dogs and I can tell from personal experience that physically handling a terrier of any breed is a different challenge than a hound or shepherd and coupling that with 50lbs of additional muscle and athleticism can easily make for animal with a lot more potential for damage. Historically people have bred dogs with specific purpose in mind just as they have horses... Only a fool believes that all that historical effort and thought can be completely erased by a genial hand with a puppy.

Re: Would you know a pitt if one bit you in the ###?.. TO easy

Mar 17, 2015, 12:01 PM

Opinions are like a$$holes, everybody has one and most of them stink.

Re: Would you know a pitt if one bit you in the ###?.. TO easy

Mar 17, 2015, 12:18 PM

I agree... How does that pertain to genetics.

Thanks for your contribution to this subject.

Mar 17, 2015, 12:48 PM [ in reply to Would you know a pitt if one bit you in the ###?.. TO easy ]

Mike said I have my head up my ### and you called me a fool. Both slanders because I have a different experience with Pitts. That's right, I'm not spitting out opinion that I gathered with my library skills as did the two of you. I have real experience with Pitts.

Re: Thanks for your contribution to this subject.

Mar 17, 2015, 1:20 PM

I only said that only a fool believes that genetic characteristics can be completely erased thru training. I equate it to saying a Russian Boar raised as a pet would have no more potential to do damage than a pot bellied pig... I have no idea of where you stand on this so I was not calling you a fool... If the shoe fits?...

Re: Thanks for your contribution to this subject.

Mar 17, 2015, 1:24 PM

The dogs in these pics do share many physical characteristics and I would be curious how similar their breeding was in purpose.. Quite frankly it may be reasonable to lump them in with the American pit bull terrier for the purpose of many discussions even if they were registered under a different name.

With those reading skills you should teach.

Mar 17, 2015, 2:34 PM [ in reply to Re: Thanks for your contribution to this subject. ]

"Those that can, do. Those that can't, teach!"

When you want to find out about heroin you go to the web. If you really wanted to know what heroin is about you should go check out a few junkies.

I'm telling you I have experience with Pitt Bulls and they are a danger only to those who are a danger to them or to my family. There are many Pitt owners who contradict your opinion with testimony.

Re: With those reading skills you should teach.

Mar 17, 2015, 2:54 PM

Most people don't have to experience something first hand to learn from it... You can expound on all your wonderful personal experiences until you're blue in the face but that doesn't do anything to discredit a pit bulls reputation as potentially dangerous. You are not the only one in our discussin who has owned a pit... I too enjoyed the ones I've he'd but that didn't do anything to blind me to their capabilities or the implications of owning one and having owned many other breeds I can safely say that I can't think of one situation in today's society where a pit bull is even in the top 5 choices of dog breed aside from possibly as a catch dog. They are no sweater, cuddlier, more protective, obedient, cleaner, smarter, safer than any number of other breeds that don't carry around the potential firepower or stigma. To me, anyone who chooses a pit bull as a pet is making a statement about themselves that most people rightfully will question.

Mar 17, 2015, 3:17 PM

So not only are you a liar you are a moron too. Your information on pitbulls is factually incorrect and I'd be willing to bet a weeks salary you never owned one.

Mar 17, 2015, 3:28 PM

I can't remember the last time someone accused me of lying and I don't believe I've ever been called a moron by anyone other than my wife... Since I feel pretty self assured I'm going to assume you are either a troll or somehow otherwise confused... Either way I'd love to read your explanation of what makes you doubt I ever had a pit bull or that I have spewed any specific facts regarding a pit bull that is so misguided...

Mar 17, 2015, 4:01 PM

So you question the character of people that own apbts and then toward the end of the thread claim to have owned them. Bully breeds don't have some gene in them that makes them grab animals throats and hold them until they die. You need to stay off the African lion wiki page. As catch did they grab whatever they can get hold of and hang on until given the command to release. They don't have some magical locking jaw and exert less jaw pressure than many other breeds. Also human aggressiveness was an undesirable trait in fighting dogs. During dog fights the dog owners did and sometimes still do stand in the pit as the dogs fight. So genetically soaking human aggression was discouraged during breeding. Petey from little rascals was an apbt, as well as stubby the most decorated dog in wwI.

Mar 17, 2015, 4:45 PM

Some say Petey was a pit, others say American bull dog or American staff.

I've always thought he was an American bulldog.

Mar 17, 2015, 5:46 PM

The original was a pit bull the updated version used an american bulldog

Mar 17, 2015, 5:03 PM [ in reply to Re: With those reading skills you should teach. ]

I'm not certain whether your bias is just clouding your interpretation of my post or whether you are just intentionally rehashing my points with your own twist as a game... In the long run I guess it doesn't much matter. Neither of us is doing much to endure our position to anyone who doesn't already share our particular bias.

Mar 17, 2015, 7:06 PM

Huh? Grabbing by the neck and holding an animal until it dies was almost a direct quote. The difference in bias is mine comes from experience, knowledge, and compassion as well as a tremendous amount of interaction with dogs on a daily basis. Yours comes from hatred ignorance and media headlines meant to instill fear. I imagine you'd fit in well during the Jim Crowe years.

Mar 17, 2015, 8:23 PM

In my opinion your bias appears to be blinded by passion and completely lacking in respect for others people's experiences. And mine is simply common sense.

Mar 17, 2015, 8:34 PM

Lacking in respect for other people's experiences? Lol tell me that's a joke! You are the one questioning people's character for simply having a breed of dog you don't like. You ignore facts and cling to only negative views of apbts. Fact is there are millions of pit bulls in the US, a fraction of 1% of them will ever attack anybody yet they are somehow all dangerous. You are more likely to get struck by lightning than get attacked by a pit bull. If that is your version of common sense I feel sorry for you.

Mar 18, 2015, 6:43 AM

I'm gonna try to simplify this:
1) If the common knowledge is that most fatal and maiming dog attacks on people and animals are attributed to whether justly or not to pitbulls and Rottweilers and I choose to own one inspite of the knowledge that it could be true and could result in problems for me and others around me that could say something about my judgement and regards for other people... Thus in opinion it is fair that other people question my character just as it would be fair for any to question why I choose to continue explaining myself to you when it appears to be a wasted effort.
2) I'm not ignoring the facts, I just understand the purpose of a dog differently and thus interpret the facts as they relate... If you told me I could chose between a Beretta, a Colt, and a CZECH and all functioned fine but about 1 in 6000 1911's would eventually fail and the chamber side would fly back hitting the owner in the face causing serius damage and potential blindness and all else was equal I would never recommend the colt to anyone... I will not tolerate a dog that injures someone and I think anyone who chooses to own one in spite of traditional wisdom deserves to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law if that dog becomes an issue... Knowing that is my position how could I ever choose to own one or recommend one to anyone else? How could I ever agree with anyone who does?..
3) Here's how... I don't hate pitbulls or blame them for being what they are anymore than I would a lion. If someone is a hog hunter or have some other reasonable use for a game dog breed then I have no more problem with them having one. I expect they understand the potential and the special responsibility and concessions required to keep there dog from being in the wrong situation and thus the risk posed by their dog is greatly limited... This does not make a pitbull the best or even a good option as a common family pet when compared to other breeds.

Mar 18, 2015, 6:52 AM

I did not always think of things this way... When I was younger I thought it was cool to have dogs with hefty reputations and made other people take notice.. I grew up and out of that and then started looking at decisions a different way.

Mar 18, 2015, 9:43 AM [ in reply to Re: With those reading skills you should teach. ]

Oh ok so unless you hunt birds you shouldn't have a lab or golden or unless you have a rat infestation you shouldn't have terriers, or unless you hunt lions you shouldn't have a ridgeback, or a bloodhound unless you track criminals. Gotcha. Btw I already called you out for comparing pit bulls to large Savannah cats and here you are doing it again. You really can't fix stupid. All domestic dogs are aproduct a few generations of selective breeding not millions of years of evolution. The same genetic traits that allowed wivwolves to be domesticated and trained to fetch and bred to look like labs are contained in every other breed including apbts. Oh and it arrears I was correct in calling you a liar. First you claimed to own terriers which are similar to pits, then claim you owned pits, now once again claim you'd never own one.

Mar 17, 2015, 3:18 PM [ in reply to Re: With those reading skills you should teach. ]

Do you watch a lot of Nancy Grace? I'll bet you're a fan

Mar 17, 2015, 3:30 PM

Obviously you know her better than me but I'll look her up to try to figure out what you mean...

Eh. There are dogs that have been bred to

Mar 18, 2015, 11:22 AM [ in reply to Would you know a pitt if one bit you in the ###?.. TO easy ]

tangle with bears and lions, or even wild hogs. Personally, I'd be much more wary of an unknown Cane Corso than a "Pit" (which people can't even agree on the definition of).

I know very little about dogs

Mar 17, 2015, 11:50 AM

maybe luck....but i got it on the first try

I get better at this

Mar 17, 2015, 1:22 PM

each time I try it!

Make it idjit proof and someone will make a better idjit.

good

Mar 17, 2015, 4:03 PM

i was afraid they might hold you back.

;)

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

It would more likely be a penn.....***

Mar 17, 2015, 6:28 PM

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

pitts are a pointless breed to own...

Mar 18, 2015, 9:11 AM

There is a reason the private dog park I go to doesn't allow them. I'll take my Aussie any day of the week. And te ladies seem to love her as well:)

Liability Cola by CU_Tigers_time is now trending on Tnet.

I've met some pretty obnoxious Aussies

Mar 18, 2015, 11:23 AM

Hyper dogs that can really be unruly if the owner doesn't know what they're doing. Can be a little snippy if you don't keep their herding instinct in check. I've seen them knip kids in the butt.

They wouldn't know a Pitt if one bit them in the ### either.***

Mar 18, 2015, 11:48 AM [ in reply to pitts are a pointless breed to own... ]

Re: pitts are a pointless breed to own...

Mar 18, 2015, 12:21 PM [ in reply to pitts are a pointless breed to own... ]

Do herd sheep? If not it is pointless to own an Aussie. Btw aussie have been known to haha behavioral problems. Read the comments too. http://www.australian-shepherd-lovers.com/aussie-attacking-other-dogs-and-my-fiancee.html

You are not going to fix the ignorance on this thread.

Mar 18, 2015, 12:39 PM

The OP has many hits. Many of those who tried to pick the PBT failed with an embarrassing rate and therefor refused to be honest. Most of the replies to the OP were from those who'd read or heard of Pitt aggression. Most of those people who reports Pitt aggression wouldn't know a Pitt if it bit them in the ###. SO, any big breed of dog that bites a human gets lumped in with the Pitt breed.

People have to have a well defined villain and the Pitt is convenient.

I wonder why some insurance companies have higher

Mar 18, 2015, 1:04 PM

homeowner insurance rates for those who own pit bulls?

Ignorance, amiright?

Maybe, lets look...

Mar 18, 2015, 1:10 PM

at insurance companies capitalizing on public ignorance.

Yeah, thats what its all about.

Mar 18, 2015, 1:14 PM

I'm sure it has nothing to do with higher statistics of dog bites that the homeowner would be liable for if they owned one breed of dog over another.

Nothing at all.

I'm sure you'd be able to locate those stats...

Mar 18, 2015, 1:16 PM

if that Pitt wasn't chewing on your ###.

Somehow, with a 3 second google search, I was.

Mar 18, 2015, 1:20 PM

Here's a good one:

But I'm certain that it's just insurance companies trying to prey on the public stupidity. That must be it.

http://www.dogsbite.org/dog-bite-statistics.php

Report: U.S. Dog Bite Fatalities January 2006 to December 2008

A 2009 report issued by DogsBite.org shows that 19 dog breeds contributed to 88 deaths in the 3-year period of 2006 to 2008. Pit bulls accounted for 59% followed by rottweilers with 14%.

Of the 88 fatal dog attacks recorded by DogsBite.org, pit bull type dogs were responsible for 59% (52). This is equivalent to a pit bull killing a U.S. citizen every 21 days during this 3-year period.

The data also shows that pit bulls commit the vast majority of off-property attacks that result in death. Only 18% (16) of the attacks occurred off owner property, yet pit bulls were responsible for 81% (13).

Breeds of Dogs Involved in Fatal Human Attacks in the United States Between 1979 and 1998
A 2000 report issued by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) reviewed a 20-year period to determine the types of dog breeds most responsible for U.S. dog bite fatalities.

During 1997 and 1998, at least 27 people died of dog bite attacks (18 in 1997 and 9 in 1998). At least 25 breeds of dogs were involved in 238 human dog bite related fatalities during the past 20 years. Pit bulls and rottweilers were involved in over half of these fatalities and from 1997 to 1998 were involved in 67%.

Re: Somehow, with a 3 second google search, I was.

Mar 18, 2015, 1:23 PM

Lol do you know anything about that site? the lady that runs that site was bitten by a pitbull once and has made it her life's goal to have them banned. Try again with a legitimate source.

Ok..here's another one.

Mar 18, 2015, 1:26 PM

That was teh first page that came up in a google search.

But there certainly seems to be a trend here. Do you really want me to continue with this?

Here's the second page that came up.

http://dogbitelaw.com/dog-bite-statistics/all-dog-bite-statistics

The deadliest dogs

A review of 82 dog bite cases at a level 1 trauma center where the breed of dog was identified concludes that attacks by pit bulls are associated with higher morbidity rates, higher hospital charges, and a higher risk of death than are attacks by other breeds of dogs. Bini, John K. MD; Cohn, Stephen M. MD; Acosta, Shirley M. RN, BSN; McFarland, Marilyn J. RN, MS; Muir, Mark T. MD; Michalek, Joel E. PhD; for the TRISAT Clinical Trials Group, Mortality, Mauling, and Maiming by Vicious Dogs, Annals of Surgery (April 2011, Vol. 253, Issue 4, pp. 791–797).

Merritt Clifton, editor of Animal People, has conducted an unusually detailed study of dog bites from 1982 to the present. (Clifton, Dog attack deaths and maimings, U.S. & Canada, September 1982 to November 13, 2006; click here to read it.) The Clifton study show the number of serious canine-inflicted injuries by breed. The author's observations about the breeds and generally how to deal with the dangerous dog problem are enlightening. According to the Clifton study, pit bulls, Rottweilers, Presa Canarios and their mixes are responsible for 74% of attacks that were included in the study, 68% of the attacks upon children, 82% of the attacks upon adults, 65% of the deaths, and 68% of the maimings. In more than two-thirds of the cases included in the study, the life-threatening or fatal attack was apparently the first known dangerous behavior by the animal in question. Clifton states:

If almost any other dog has a bad moment, someone may get bitten, but will not be maimed for life or killed, and the actuarial risk is accordingly reasonable. If a pit bull terrier or a Rottweiler has a bad moment, often someone is maimed or killed--and that has now created off-the-chart actuarial risk, for which the dogs as well as their victims are paying the price.

Re: Ok..here's another one.

Mar 18, 2015, 1:27 PM

The site you got that from is so biased that it's possibly the least credible use of bits on the internet outside of North Korea. The person who made it is hysterical because she was bitten by a dog that she deemed a "pitbull" type. I am sorry she was bitten, but her info simply isn't accurate or rational.

http://btoellner.typepad.com/kcdogblog/2010/03/the-truth-behind-dogsbiteorg.html

http://www.swaylove.org/colleen-lynns-nonsensical-2013-numbers-from-dogsbite-org

If you want decades of peer-reviewed research about dogs and their interactions with humans, go here:

http://www.nationalcanineresearchcouncil.com/

Yeah..every site is biased if you don't like what it says.

Mar 18, 2015, 1:35 PM

Strangely enough, they mirror the same statistics "that woman" and the CDC come up with.

http://www.cdc.gov/homeandrecreationalsafety/images/dogbreeds-a.pdf

By all means...by a few pit bulls and have them cuddle up with your toddlers. Thats a great idea!

Re: Yeah..every site is biased if you don't like what it says.

Mar 18, 2015, 1:49 PM

The cdc's study was a 20 year study that found Rottweilers had the most fatalities of any dog. There conclusion was that rotts and "pit bull type dogs" accounted for around 75% of deadly attacks. Funny they had to include somewhere around 30-40 breeds of dogs to get that number

Of course! They are feeding on the public stupidity.

Mar 18, 2015, 1:51 PM

Its all a plot.

Re: Of course! They are feeding on the public stupidity.

Mar 18, 2015, 3:19 PM

What does inability to find our produce accurate statistical data have to do with any kind of data. The CDC had to lump a large number of breeds together, some of which coke from completely different bloodlines and different continents, to produce numbers that were even close to accurate.

Like I said, its all a plot. The CDC and Amerika is against

Mar 18, 2015, 3:25 PM

you. Its a conspiracy!

Re: Like I said, its all a plot. The CDC and Amerika is against

Mar 18, 2015, 7:12 PM

Again who is arguing there is a conspiracy? Colleen Lynn's views on apbts are well documented. The CDC report lumps many breeds together therefore not providing accurate numbers for specific breeds. That's not all that hard to understand.

Missed once.***

Mar 18, 2015, 9:17 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

Correct, On My First Attempt

Mar 18, 2015, 10:28 AM

What makes it difficult for many people is that most shelter dogs these days are pit mixes. Or at least that's been my experience visiting the shelters in Greenville, Pickens, Anderson and Oconee counties.

So you're saying APBTs are rapist.

Mar 18, 2015, 1:57 PM

OK, I'll testify that both female and male Pits like it.

Mar 18, 2015, 10:41 AM

Sigh.

The Dogo Argentino got me.

Mar 18, 2015, 1:02 PM

Looked like a pit to me.

Since I've seen that web page now, I may have never actually seen a real pit bull. They may have all been Dogo Agentino's, Patterdale Terriers, Labradors, Golden Retrievers and Chihuahuas.

This surprises me.

Mar 18, 2015, 1:13 PM

I'm surprised that the APBT didn't jump off the page and lock onto your throat.

RHtIG's pit mix bit me one time***

Mar 18, 2015, 1:23 PM

They do that when you touch their private parts.

Mar 18, 2015, 1:35 PM

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q07eHgwux6Q

LOL***

Mar 18, 2015, 1:42 PM

bam ba lam***

Mar 18, 2015, 3:17 PM

Mar 18, 2015, 1:29 PM

First time go. I'm not that familiar with pitts as I have never owned one, but can't you just pick them out by the shape of their head. Everyone I have ever seen has the same shape of head.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

even more reason not to own a pitbull

Mar 18, 2015, 1:58 PM

there's 20 other better breeds that look like one but aren't. :)

That wasn't exactly what I was shooting for.

Mar 18, 2015, 2:00 PM

Or as the dumbich on Last Man would make me say, 'That wasn't exactly for what I was shooting.'

2nd guess.***

Mar 18, 2015, 2:13 PM

Replies: 92
| visibility 1
Archives - General Boards Archive
add New Topic