Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Would you blame Dabo if he decided to take a step back and
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 2,182

Would you blame Dabo if he decided to take a step back and

Jun 3, 2020, 9:16 AM

Stop sticking his neck out to help a kid that could use a break. Maybe the one break that keeps this kid from going bad. Or if Dabo stopped visiting some who is really sick. Would blame him if he started to limit his accessibility to the media, fans, other coaches and players. Could you blame him for taking his personal life out of the public eye, limiting his time and access while maintaining a much more private lifestyle.

I believe social media is the worst thing to happen in my lifetime. It has cause more problems such as dividing families, friends and even this country. It has given people an easy platform to HATE behind an anonymous screen name and an electronic device. These people try to stir up divisions between the races for just plain HATE or for money or both.

IMO if that were to happen it would keep Dabo from being who he really is. And if Dabo can’t be real I don’t think he would continue to remain in coaching.

It is really tragic that some people who only know how to hate or complain are directing much of this at Dabo and at Clemson. It’s possible that at some point all of this BS conveniently coming as football starts up and we have a few big time recruit’s making decisions soon. I wonder how much $$$$$ this kid possibly may have received to bring an incident from 2016. It’s total BS. But this is the kind of crap that could make decide to go back into the private sector and leave Clemson Football behind him. Right now I think he is just brushing this stuff off. But what happens when the players start receiving compensation for their likeness etc...

Do you think Dabo will stay at Clemson if he has to deal with constant personal attacks , as well as the NCAA’s so called pay for play for college football players???

Some of you know Dabo on a very personal level. What’s your opinion??

I would sincerely appreciate honest sincere opinions. Thank you.

Message was edited by: wueagle86®

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Would you blame Dabo if he decided to take a step back and

Jun 3, 2020, 9:32 AM

Dabo will go down as one of the greats. He can handle it. I have no doubt before its all said and done that he will be sitting at the top. Greater than saban. He has a great circle of friends im sure. That support alone can mean alot.

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's a HOF coach and a grown man. He's 2 steps ahead of you

Jun 3, 2020, 9:39 AM

He can handle any criticism and then some, and there's a teaching moment in everything he says (or during the season, a hidden message to the team). Remember when he took heat for No Social Media for the team during the season by the media? How's that decision looking now? Alot of other teams have quietly implicated the same policy

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Best Is The Standard

well they openly

Jun 3, 2020, 10:00 AM

implicated and then quietly implemented :)

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 3, 2020, 10:12 AM

I don’t think so. He’s a big picture man and this is way more about life than his job or slanderers.

He makes grown men remember what a hero is supposed to be. At least, for me he does.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

If Dabo is a true Christian man as I believe he is, then no,

Jun 3, 2020, 10:22 AM

because he understands 1 Peter 4 and that a Christian should understand that there will be persecution or suffering in this life, even if it doesn't appear to the casual observer to be explicitly due to his faith.

Re: If Dabo is a true Christian man as I believe he is, then no,

Jun 3, 2020, 10:32 AM

Yeah, everyone knows that non-Christians never have any problems come up in their lives.

I think you missed the point of what I was saying.

Jun 3, 2020, 10:48 AM

Christians are called to view their trials differently than non-Christians.

For example, James (whose real name was Jacob), the brother of Jesus. says for us to "Count it all joy, my brothers, when you meet trials of various kinds."

Maybe you know non-Christians that celebrate when problems come up in their lives?

Re: I think you missed the point of what I was saying.

Jun 3, 2020, 10:58 AM

The line "even if it doesn't appear to the casual observer to be explicitly due to his faith." makes it appear like the problem is due to his faith to me.

Re: If Dabo is a true Christian man as I believe he is, then no,

Jun 3, 2020, 10:43 AM [ in reply to If Dabo is a true Christian man as I believe he is, then no, ]

Thank you for of your post. My post was intended to get this kind of feed back. I don’t know Dabo on a personal level but based on how he lives his life and the fact he walks the walk of a man of God, I feel more confident in his future at Clemson.

I know sometimes you Can reach a point where the problems out weigh the benefits. But i believe Dabo is strong in his faith which will carry him through.

I am “All In”

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Jun 3, 2020, 10:53 AM

Another school for Dabo- same result. In my opinion the national media is the largest and most evil enemy that we have. I try not to listen to anything those clowns have to say. They are ignorant and biased and not to be trusted on anything. Hate it is some of you are in that line of work but it you are then I am also talking to you!
Dabo is Dabo and a good Christian man that has a faith I wish we could all have. He has brought us so much joy over the past 10 years or so and to be a Tiger fan has been fun.
Love you Dabo and please keep up the great work!

Replies: 10
| visibility 2,182
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic