»
Topic: Would we ever take Morris back?
Replies: 17   Last Post: Nov 11, 2019 7:22 AM by: FLTiger87
This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
Replies: 17  

Would we ever take Morris back?

Posted: Nov 10, 2019 8:46 PM

If Scott or Elliott got pulled away elsewhere to Head coaching gigs? Honest question. I mean, it’d certainly be tempting. I think I remember him leaving on pretty good terms.

Re: Would we ever take Morris back?

Posted: Nov 10, 2019 8:51 PM

Well according to what you've asked I guess time will tell.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg

Posted: Nov 10, 2019 8:55 PM

Did his family stay in Dallas (Highland Park)? That would make TCU an option, Baylor would be 2 hrs south.

2020 orange level member

Posted: Nov 10, 2019 8:53 PM

Maybe. I do believe that both Jeff Scott and Tony Elliot are headed for HC positions in the very near future, and if that happens, "The Chad" might just come back home. I don't expect it, but he just might on his way "back up".

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg

why do you say that ? what jobs would they take?

Posted: Nov 11, 2019 7:22 AM

what jobs would be good jobs?

most jobs that open up are dumpster fires ....

null

Posted: Nov 10, 2019 8:55 PM

No!

2020 purple level member

Posted: Nov 10, 2019 9:07 PM

Honestly, I think not. Maybe but I seriously doubt it.

2020 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg

Posted: Nov 10, 2019 9:07 PM

No, that ship has sailed

Posted: Nov 10, 2019 9:09 PM

No, and honestly I wouldn’t want him back. Nothing against him but don’t think we would have won the championships with him as OC

I hope not.***

Posted: Nov 10, 2019 9:10 PM

I could see a possible scenerio where he could come back

Posted: Nov 10, 2019 9:15 PM

as a Co-OC with an up and coming assistant as the other Co-OC, if both Elliot and Scott left at the same time. We would have him for the experience and to train his replacement while he waited for a Texas job.

That Arkansas job is about the same as the USuC job, a dumpster fire.

Re: I could see a possible scenerio where he could come back

Posted: Nov 10, 2019 9:39 PM

Honestly, I think the succession plan is already in place for Streeter moving into play calling duties and OC. He was the OC before he took his current role.

military_donation.jpg

Re: I could see a possible scenerio where he could come back

Posted: Nov 11, 2019 7:20 AM

Which ever Co-OC leaves first, the other will get a big raise to stay on as the only OC. There will be no room for Chad as Co-OC.

I hope not.

[1]
Posted: Nov 10, 2019 9:16 PM

I appreciate what he brought to our program. He instilled a more aggressive offensive philosophy and toughness, and for that we owe him a lot of gratitude. However, I felt that his in-game coaching left a lot to be desired. I felt that he sometimes got too cutesy with the play calls, and abandoned plays that were working as a result.

I don’t believe we would’ve won the national championship in 2016 if he remained as our offensive coordinator.

I also felt that his obvious interest in becoming a head coach was somewhat of a distraction. He interviewed a lot and I can’t help but wonder if that kept him from focusing his attention on our team.

We could do a lot worse than Chad as OC, but I would be disappointed if we brought him back.

2020 white level member

Brad Brownell: all-time winningest coach in Clemson men's basketball history, and only coach to beat North Carolina in Chapel Hill.

Re: I hope not.

Posted: Nov 10, 2019 9:52 PM

You are right. He got us started, but he is not an upgrade from Coach Elliot and Coach Scott. I am sorry he got fired. He should have more time.

[1]
Posted: Nov 10, 2019 9:39 PM

I hope not. Chad is not that great of a coach. He benefited from good talent at Clemson but was stubborn, poor at making in-game adjustments, and unable to adjust his style to fit his players skill set, i.e. Cole Stoudt.

Bub

Posted: Nov 10, 2019 9:49 PM

That ship has sailed and we are a much better offensive team now. Not happening.

No, we wouldn't.

Posted: Nov 11, 2019 7:22 AM

Been there, done that.

Replies: 17  

TIGER TICKETS

FB GAME: Season Tickets
FOR SALE: LOWER LEVEL NORTH STANDS SEC UP- ROW C - SEATS 26,28 & 30 (32 YD LINE). SEC UP- ROW E - SEATS 18,2...

Buy or Sell CU Tickets and More in Tiger Tickets!

[ Archives - Tiger Boards Archive ]
Start New Topic
1210 people have read this post