Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Would we be switching con. if the coots were'nt in the SEC?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 18
| visibility 1

Would we be switching con. if the coots were'nt in the SEC?

May 26, 2012, 8:20 PM

Is the driving force behind us jumping to the Big 12 because the coots are in the SEC?

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I believe we would still switch. The driving force behind

May 26, 2012, 8:21 PM

us jumping to the B12 is because the ACC blows.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

^^^^ brown's fan...

May 26, 2012, 10:03 PM

knows blows when he sees it.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Would we be switching con. if the coots were'nt in the SEC?

May 26, 2012, 8:22 PM

Daddy said that CU didnt have the balls to leave in the early 70s and they dont have any now.

ACC foreva!

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i never said that!

May 27, 2012, 6:32 AM

go back to fgf,or wherever it is you came from.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I think the fact that they've surpassed us in so many ways

May 26, 2012, 8:34 PM

has a lot to do with it and I don't think they would have done so without being in the SEC and our having remained in the ACC. At this point we simply don't have any good options. Historically we weren't willing or able to influence the ACC much and now it is too late.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I don't understand what some of you fail to comprehend on

May 26, 2012, 8:42 PM

on the last two weeks. This is about the fact that the SEC adn their new bowl game, which they own, that puts their two champions against each other, along with the current Rose Bowl which puts the Pac whatever champ against the B1g Champ sets the stage for those four conferences to break away from the NCAA. The ACC champ currently plays the Big East Champ, whose Champ just bolted for the Big 12. Nobody is going to give these two conferences a second thought in the coming years. IF, if the SEC steals VT and NC ST, to get to 16 teams, and the B1G grabs GT,UNC,or Miami....and while we are sitting and waiting the Big 12 takes ND,Louisville,FSU, we could be left holding the bag. Some school, rich in history and fan base could be banished to second rate status. We have been fighting this persona for the past 5-10 years. We lose recruits every year to the " We play in the SEC " card. If we are removed from the opportunity to at least claim the opportunity to play for the National Championships, then you have seen the last CJ Spiller and Sammy Watkins. And, if the teams we recruit against, FSU,UGA,TENN,LSU,BAMA,South Carolina,Auburn, have $10,000,000 more dollars per year(at least) than we do, then we will not have the facilities to sway those recruits, the type recruits we must have, to be competitive enough to win, even if we are the Champs from a neutered conference.

It is as simple as that. Keep up with the Jones's or take a chain saw to the legs of the upper decks at Death Valley, because at that point we will be Furman on steroids and that is about it.

Spud Is Exactly Right***

May 26, 2012, 9:49 PM

May 26, 2012, 8:55 PM

I don't think so. Dude, we're not near as possessed with the coots as they are with us.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Yes we would

May 26, 2012, 9:24 PM

it has very little to do with them. We have bigger things in mind then worrying bout those bums

Re: Yes we would

May 26, 2012, 9:27 PM

Stay in the ACC. The ACC is a sinking ship.

May 26, 2012, 9:44 PM

Yall better hope we dont get into big12

May 26, 2012, 9:45 PM

if i get to vote, then FSU and Clemson stay right where they are.

So you're scared of what's going to happen***

May 26, 2012, 9:47 PM

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

Re: So you're scared of what's going to happen***

May 26, 2012, 9:51 PM

yes they are....the coots are al over the radio trying to trash the move. They know that if we get on an even level finacially and we get in a better football conference then we will blow past them

May 26, 2012, 9:55 PM [ in reply to So you're scared of what's going to happen*** ]

Nope. Clemson will stay in the ACC. Your administration likes to be in their academic league.

On FSU, they might leave. Maybe all the Gator fans will get lucky with their BOT being stupid and voting to stay.

Going to be interesting summer!

I am waiting for the PR that says the playoff is going to be Rose Bowl winner v. Champions Bowl winner. With those conferences telling everyone else to setup their own games/playoff. That is going to be just priceless to watch.

So why would you vote for clemson to stay in the ACC?***

May 26, 2012, 10:06 PM

Brad Brownell: more losses than any other coach in school history.

May 26, 2012, 10:18 PM [ in reply to Re: So you're scared of what's going to happen*** ]

Go back to cocky talk or fgf...you are clueless

May 26, 2012, 10:07 PM

You're an idiot if you actually think our decision to switch conferences or not depends on those inbreds.

Replies: 18
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic