Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Bowl game question
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 10
| visibility 1

Bowl game question

Nov 25, 2012, 4:34 PM

Since we played in Atlanta to open the season, and since we've played in the Chick-Fil-A Bowl so many times we're essentially paying rent on the Georgia Dome, what are the chances of us being skipped over by the CFA Bowl to play in Orlando instead?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Bowl game question

Nov 25, 2012, 4:36 PM

I think it is a possibility.

Last nights performance ought to get you Nashville or some other carp location though.

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Nov 25, 2012, 4:43 PM

Really,what difference does it make now?We had a chance,maybe outside at best, of a BCS bowl.Orlando,,The Meinkie Car Crap Bowl,Papa John Toilet Bowl,Musical Chairs City bowl, none are BCS bowls.
Whatever,just win whatever bowl you go to.

Nov 25, 2012, 4:44 PM

Jacka$$. I have a reason for asking.

Nov 25, 2012, 4:57 PM

And I answered a-hole!

Would they be able to given ACC's rules? Looking at the

Nov 25, 2012, 4:43 PM

standings, GT is now at 5-3 and are the closest team to us w/l wise. If I recall correctly, a team must be within 2 league wins in order to be picked over a higher finishing team. If they lose this week, which I expect them to, they would be 5-4, us 7-1. This would mean the bowl would have to take us, right?

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: Victory. Victory at all costs—Victory in spite of all terror—Victory, however long and hard the road may be..." - Winston Churchill

Re: Would they be able to given ACC's rules? Looking at the

Nov 25, 2012, 4:46 PM

If it is 2 league wins or losses then they will be able to take GT if they want. The championship game does not count as an ACC game in the standings.

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Taking GT = Taking a Financial Loss

Nov 25, 2012, 4:48 PM

Wouldn't sell half their tickets. Heck, they cant even fill up their own stadium.

correction: another team has to be w/in 1 game of us.

Nov 25, 2012, 4:47 PM [ in reply to Would they be able to given ACC's rules? Looking at the ]

that means that they have to take us, I think.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"You ask, what is our aim? I can answer in one word: Victory. Victory at all costs—Victory in spite of all terror—Victory, however long and hard the road may be..." - Winston Churchill

We need a bowl win BADLY

Nov 25, 2012, 4:49 PM [ in reply to Would they be able to given ACC's rules? Looking at the ]

The weakest opponent or crappiest bowl available please !
Gotta get the sh@@ taste out if my mouth from last night's debacle

Seriously? Skip over us for who?

Nov 25, 2012, 4:59 PM

CFA sells out every year. You think they would want to match up LSu and NC State? What about Texas A&M against Georgia Tech, or maybe Georgia against Duke? No, the CFA would not by-pass us for someone else. They are likely licking their chops at the chance of getting us again.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 10
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic