Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
New Story: The Ides of March: Clemson marches forward
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

New Story: The Ides of March: Clemson marches forward

Mar 9, 2016, 7:01 AM

The Ides of March: Clemson marches forward

The Ides of March are upon us, but instead of a coup and murder on the floor of the Senate, Clemson fans are celebrating the good times. In case you’ve missed out or been hiding under a rock or perhaps far too interested in politics to notice, it’s a good time to be a Tiger and maybe not the greatest of times to be, well, not Clemson. Full Story »

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: The Ides of March: Clemson marches forward

Mar 9, 2016, 7:56 AM

Let's see, where to start. Congrats to the Golf Team on their Tournament win on the West Coast.
What a recruiting raid going on in Tennessee. Amari Rodgers, Hunter Johnson, Richardson, and possibly Tee Higgins and Trey Smith. I love it! What a group of outstanding football players coming to Clemson. Just when everyone says look out for the Vols, but sounds like they are about to go downhill bigtime! The 2017 Class is shaping up to be the Best in a long time, and will help Clemson to continue a top line rating in Football.

Baseball is off to a great start and I see a much improved season and a good chance to be @ Omaha. Coach Leggett laid some of the foundation and Coach Lee is building the house.

It's always been GREAT TO BE A CLEMSON TIGER, but our Athletic Teams are leading the way in Athletics, as well as Academics. GO TIGERS!!!

LIKE: "Coach Leggett laid some of the foundation and Coach

Mar 9, 2016, 8:30 AM

Lee is building the house."

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Lee is a class act. Very nice of him to

Mar 9, 2016, 7:56 AM

compliment and credit Jack L with some of this team's early success.

YES, crediting Leggett is the classy thing to do and Leggett

Mar 9, 2016, 8:28 AM

keeps coming and inspiring, when he could have stayed away, complained and sulked. And I heard he purchased a season ticket - CLASSY FOR HIM TOO!

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Haters still gone hate.***

Mar 9, 2016, 8:37 AM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

Re: YES, crediting Leggett is the classy thing to do and Leggett

Mar 9, 2016, 9:08 AM [ in reply to YES, crediting Leggett is the classy thing to do and Leggett ]

I feel about Leggett like I do Tommy Bowden, we would not be where we are today without that period and thanks for all of the hard work you did on the foundation, now let's raise this roof!

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: YES, crediting Leggett is the classy thing to do and Leggett

Mar 9, 2016, 11:23 AM

Jack Leggett, Tommy Bowden are two X Clemson coaches. With how hard our fans (myself included) were on Jack and Tommy when their teams went north, and they couldn't have bought a needed win to help them out. They both were dismissed of their duties as a Clemson Tiger HC. When Jack was dismissed, he went calmly still confessing his love for Clemson and the Clemson baseball program. Jack didn't go away talking crap and being negative toward Clemson or the program on TV sport shows or sporting news mags telling why Clemson won't beat this or that team when the time comes to play against those teams. And when we look around at the start of the next BB season without Jack as the HC on game day, there is Jack Leggett somewhere in the crowd still cheering for the team he still loves, and backing the new head coach that is coaching his X team. Jack will be a Clemson Tiger for the rest of his life, not so much the same for the other guy. Because of Jack Leggett's character after his coaching years at Clemson was over, he will be a legend in the Clemson baseball community. And I want to apologize for my negativity towards Jack at the end of his coaching career at Clemson. Hopefully this has taught me a lesson about judging someones character that I only know in their profession. Thank you Jack for all you gave out of your love for Clemson Baseball!!!

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: New Story: The Ides of March: Clemson marches forward

Mar 9, 2016, 8:40 AM

:)

WE

Mar 9, 2016, 8:52 AM

Have so much to be proud of! The teams we are fielding are great, in most sports, and the others will come along, too, I bet, and we are graduating great young men and women who know more than just how to win. They will be successful in whatever they do. Of that I am most proud.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

3 More Sports Need A Little More Push ----

Mar 9, 2016, 10:48 AM

Track and Field - Clemson should be more deadly every year in this sport.

Soccer - Clemson has a good rep and we compete hard. Just got to get over the hump.

Rugby - The sport is similar to football and this is where Clemson needs to take more pride in it and make some noise. We had a pretty decent in rugby last year. We need to strive to be relevant in this sport.

Soccer? We won the ACC two years ago and last season

Mar 9, 2016, 11:33 AM

we made it to the NCAA Championship game. If that's not "over the hump", you're a pretty tough grader.

Football finished 2nd in the country.
Men's soccer finished 2nd in the country.
Women's soccer finished ranked 7th in the country.
Mens' golf is ranked 11th in the country.
Women's Outdoor T&F finished ranked 15th in the country.
Men's Outdoor T&F finished ranked 21st in the country.
Baseball just re-entered the rankings at 22nd and is looking great.

As fans, we always seem to want more. Objectively, we have nothing to complain about. Even the men's basketball program, which NO ONE picked to finish better than 12th in the conference, came in tied for seventh with a winning conference record.

If I were DRad, I'd check in with Dabo, Penley, Lee, Noonan and Radwanski to see if you can do anything for them...then I'd make sure the Brownell and I are aligned on expectations and season preparation...and then maybe I'd look at why Tennis and Men's Track aren't quite where they should be or have been in the past. Oh, and I'd stop making novelty hires for women's basketball.

null

Would love to see the ACC adopt womens gymnastics...

Mar 9, 2016, 11:45 AM [ in reply to 3 More Sports Need A Little More Push ---- ]

My daughter is in competitive gymnastics and I hate that she would need to go to a SEC school to get a scholarship.

We have been to many different universities for competitions, but the Tiger Paw has always been the best! Clemson, as they always do, pulls out all the stops for those girls. They trick out Little John and use the spot lights and everything! Makes them feel special.

USuC shoves us into a little conference room and parent viewing is 3ft of standing room only...

Soccer is way over the hump

Mar 9, 2016, 1:53 PM [ in reply to 3 More Sports Need A Little More Push ---- ]

Playing for a Nat'l Championship last year was great. Winning the ACC the year before is fantastic since the ACC is by far the best conference for NCAA Soccer in the country.

Coach Noonan continues to recruit well and develop players that compete on a national level. The MLS has drafted several Clemson soccer players the past few years. Coach Noonan has also embraced the history and alumni that support the program. Clemson soccer has arrived and will be in the national spotlight for many years to come. Go Tigers!!!

The Ides Of March is your Vehicle, baby....:~)***

Mar 9, 2016, 2:15 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic