Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Tony Steward
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 16
| visibility 4,007

Tony Steward

Feb 7, 2015, 8:13 AM

Is there any chance that he gets a tryout in the NFL? I've seen and read all of the news and never see his name mentioned.

I understand the details of his career, injuries and lack of playing time but the guy is still a beast with a heck of an upside. You never know what could happen if given a chance.

Or maybe the question is: Does he have an interest in the next level?

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

From what I read, he has a chance at being a late round pick

Feb 7, 2015, 8:16 AM

but more likely he will be one of the first players to get a free agent workout contract.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I die, I want to go peacefully like my Grandfather did, in his sleep -- not screaming, like the passengers in his car."

"I don't suffer from insanity. I enjoy every minute of it."

Cannot he go to the combine? I don't see his name

Feb 7, 2015, 8:22 AM

I wish him the best

badge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Clemson Is Coming" says Stephone Anthony (Class 2011)"
"Why NOT Clemson"
"Why Not Dabo"

Re: Tony Steward

He will be at Clemson pro day. There will be lots of scouts there. It sucks he didn't get a combine invite it makes it harder but the test for the samethinga at pro day.

Re: Tony Steward

I would t hint he will attract some attention at pro day. If he looks good he may get drafted. If not I'm sure he will get a free agent look.

I still think he should have been redshirt ed early on. But can't undo that now

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Agree with the redshirt

Feb 7, 2015, 8:30 AM

Just seems we waited his time and talent, to a degree. He just never quite became the dominate player that most thought he could be.

Re: Agree with the redshirt

Feb 7, 2015, 8:34 AM

While he never really lived up to our expectations, I saw him run down an extremely good RB late in the season. If he can do that, and make the score-saving tackle like he did, I think some team needs to take a serious look at him.

Sorry - but I can't remember who he ran down or what game. I think it was OU's best RB (Perine). The play was awesome.

yep, that was it

Feb 7, 2015, 9:12 AM

He tackled Perine some 10 yards from the goal line....OU ended up turning the ball over after that. Huge play

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He was dominant this past season, his form tackling and

Feb 7, 2015, 9:59 AM [ in reply to Agree with the redshirt ]

coverage were phenominal. He just didn't get the attention of Beasley and some others.

Yes, his soph year was botched. Oh well.***

Feb 7, 2015, 9:58 AM [ in reply to Re: Tony Steward ]

I sure hope so as I still bellieve he has the talent.......

Feb 7, 2015, 9:44 AM

to be a successful player - hopefully, scouts in the NFL see his potential and will develop him. It's just too bad he injured both knees while at Clemson - would love to have seen his full potential had he not been hurt - could have been one of our all-time best I think.

In this case

Feb 7, 2015, 12:07 PM

we should've redshirted the 5-star. People usually say the only way you redshirt a 5-star is if he's a offensive lineman or defensive lineman.

Easy to say that now but he wasted two years basically.

He played LB for BV

Feb 7, 2015, 12:21 PM

Means he has the best foundation he could possibly have. I expect to see him on Sundays.

Would be shocked if he didn't make a roster

Feb 7, 2015, 4:25 PM

He is a demon on special teams which will appeal to a coach looking at final cuts. This year his performance was excellent. Never out of position, never missed a tackle.

2024 white level member flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Would be shocked if he didn't make a roster

Feb 7, 2015, 4:30 PM

Yep it is a way to make a roster as a young player

badge-donor-05yr.jpgringofhonor-74tiger.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He's only getting better.

Feb 7, 2015, 4:34 PM [ in reply to Would be shocked if he didn't make a roster ]

He's done nothing but improve since he got healthy and he hasn't hit his ceiling yet. Lots of natural athleticism and upside paired with good character/intelligence.

What he has on his side

Feb 7, 2015, 6:21 PM

Tony has more going for him than a lot of people think. He obviously is a pedigreed athlete and scouts know about his hs evaluation. He has the injury issues that seems to counter balance his potential.

But he does have tremendous upside. Injuries aren't as big a negative as they used to be.
The fact that he started all of this season and some last season, and played very well this year helps out quite a bit.

But the biggest thing he has going for him is the fact he has an incredible amount of experience playing on special teams. He has been a huge asset for us there and NFL teams prize guys who are solid enough to spell starters as position athletes that can be playmakers on special teams as well.
Barring any further injuries, Tony will make a team and play for years. Hopefully he gets the opportunity to develop into a starter for someone down the road.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 16
| visibility 4,007
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic