Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
So, if we go to Chapel Hill Saturday and do the unthinkable
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 14
| visibility 1

So, if we go to Chapel Hill Saturday and do the unthinkable

Jan 6, 2020, 10:32 AM

does Brad save his job?

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

null

That would definitely get him at least one more year.***

Jan 6, 2020, 10:33 AM

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

I honestly do not think that will happen.

Jan 6, 2020, 10:35 AM

(Hoping against hope that this post does not age well.)

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"When I was young, I was sure of many things; now there are only two things of which I am sure: one is, that I am a miserable sinner; and the other, that Christ is an all-sufficient Saviour. He is well-taught who learns these two lessons." -John Newton

If that's all it takes to save Brad's job...

Jan 6, 2020, 10:40 AM

we may need a new AD too.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Sometimes good things fall apart so better things can fall together.

Lifetime contract

Jan 6, 2020, 10:45 AM

Not kidding.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

No thank you***

Jan 6, 2020, 10:55 AM

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

I think it should be a minor factor.

Jan 6, 2020, 10:45 AM

Beating UNC in Chapel Hill is obviously a big deal for us, since we've never done it. But one win for the ages shouldn't carry more weight than his overall body of work.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

Would be awesome to end the streak BUT

Jan 6, 2020, 11:01 AM

Beating a broken 8-6 UNC who has already lost to Wofford and GT at home is nothing to brag about. If anything, losing should put another nail in the Brownell coffin.

Come on, beating UNC in Chapel Hill is a huge deal

Jan 6, 2020, 11:24 AM

regardless of how good or bad you perceive them to be this year.

"All those 'Fire Brownell' guys can kiss it." -Joseph Girard III

"Everybody needs to know that Coach Brownell is arguably the best coach to come through Clemson." -PJ Hall

While "brag" may not be the best word, beating UNC in

Jan 6, 2020, 11:48 AM [ in reply to Would be awesome to end the streak BUT ]

Chapel Hill would actually make this season tolerable. If nothing else comes out of it, shutting their stupid faces up about the streak would be awesome. Every gotdam time we play there it's in every article and it's mentioned over and over and over during the telecast. Just because our season has been crap and their season has been crap by their standards doesn't make winning in Chapel Hill irrelevant. It would be a huge deal.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"IDIOT POSTER OF THE MONTH SO FAR...GWP-- You have won IPM Award for your failure to completely comprehend a clear post & then choose to attack someone who points out your ignorance. While you are not yet in the same No Class Catagory as deRoberts, ClemTiger117 & Tigerdug23, you are getting closer to the Sewer Dwellers." - coachmac

No. But in this case, don't think we can do the unthinkable

Jan 6, 2020, 11:08 AM

just because we think it. (Sorry, even Dabo never went up against something as strong as the Chapel Hill curse.)

If The Tigers win, I will expect the World's End soon thereafter... So BB's job status will be irrelevant.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: So, if we go to Chapel Hill Saturday and do the unthinkable

Jan 6, 2020, 11:35 AM

Maybe take the Wofford team disguised as Clemson.

no it’s still just one game

Jan 6, 2020, 11:36 AM

But if he wins it he will secure himself a positive spot in Clemson lore forever as the coach who broke the streak and greatly change his historical perspective. So huge stakes

That and beat Dook the following game

Jan 6, 2020, 11:45 AM

Sign that a new era has arrived.

2024 orange level memberbadge-donor-10yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

He beats UNC in Chapel Hill he’ll be here forever

Jan 6, 2020, 12:03 PM

Whether that is the best thing for this program long term is debatable

Replies: 14
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic