Tiger Board Logo

Donor's Den General Leaderboards TNET coins™ POTD Hall of Fame Map FAQ
GIVE AN AWARD
Use your TNET coins™ to grant this post a special award!

W
Big Brain
Love it!
Cheers
Helpful
Made Me Smile
Great Idea!
Mind Blown
Caring
Flammable
Hear ye, hear ye
Bravo
Nom Nom Nom
Take My Coins
Ooo, Shiny!
Treasured Post!

YOUR BALANCE
Would Zion be a bigger signing than Milton Jennings?
storage This topic has been archived - replies are not allowed.
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic
Replies: 20
| visibility 1

Would Zion be a bigger signing than Milton Jennings?

Jan 20, 2018, 5:09 PM

Asking for a friend

flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Would Zion be a bigger signing than Milton Jennings?

Jan 20, 2018, 5:11 PM

Zion Williamson would be the best commit in Clemson basketball history by far. Assuming he lives up to his potential.

military_donation.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

skip wise says hold off on that by far***

Jan 20, 2018, 5:15 PM

badge-donor-20yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Exactly.***

Jan 20, 2018, 5:26 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

By far

Jan 20, 2018, 5:14 PM

Zion is the #1 prospect in American. Any program would live to sign him. Would be the best signing ever for many many programs

Re: By far

Jan 20, 2018, 5:20 PM

I doubt if any of you saw Skip play!

Was he #2 in the country?***

Jan 20, 2018, 5:21 PM

they didn't do all that ranking back then***

Jan 20, 2018, 5:23 PM

Pretty hard to beat #2***

Jan 20, 2018, 5:28 PM

Correct, but he was almost certainly one of the top 2 or 3

Jan 20, 2018, 5:33 PM [ in reply to they didn't do all that ranking back then*** ]

players in the country. He was a high school and playground legend from one of the toughest hotbeds of high school basketball in the country. If Zion makes fist team All-Conference as a freshman, then we can talk.

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-15yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

"Democracy is the theory that the common people know what they want, and deserve to get it good and hard."
- H. L. Mencken

We went from unranked to Top 10 on the basis of

Jan 20, 2018, 5:32 PM [ in reply to Was he #2 in the country?*** ]

signing Wise and Rome. Wise became the first Freshman ever to be 1st Team All ACC, and might have been the best player in the conference. Never has a player had such a dominant yet low key game. Wasnt overly flashy: he was just better than everybody else. Didnt have to do 5 jukes and a between the leg dribble to get past a guy, just made a quicker step and was gone. Didnt have to make hero shots: he just got free and made every 15 footer he looked at. As a point guard he never made a mistake, controlled the game like a coach. I dont think I ever saw a turnover that was his fault.

Zion might do that if he comes here, but he will not autimatically be better than Wise. Wise was a true phenom, a once in a generation player.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Phil Ford was 2 x consensus 1st team All-American,

Jan 20, 2018, 5:48 PM

ACC Player Of The Year, Wooden Award Winner, Sporting News College Player Of The Year, College Basketball Hall Of Fame, 2nd overall pick in the NBA draft, NBA Rookie Of The Year.

Skip Wise came into the ACC the same year as Ford. Wise made 1st team All-Conference, Ford did not. Wise was unquestionably better than Phil Ford, to put things into perspective. I hope Zion is close to that good.

- H. L. Mencken

At the time, he was the only freshman to ever be 1st team

Jan 20, 2018, 5:37 PM [ in reply to Was he #2 in the country?*** ]

ALL ACC.....so, considering the fact that back then, the ACC was the undisputed kings of basketball....I would say YES.

If Zion comes here, we will be blessed if he is

Jan 20, 2018, 6:54 PM [ in reply to Was he #2 in the country?*** ]

75% as good as Wise.

2024 white level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

i did***

Jan 20, 2018, 5:22 PM [ in reply to Re: By far ]

#metoo***

Jan 20, 2018, 5:57 PM

- H. L. Mencken

Jan 20, 2018, 6:09 PM [ in reply to Re: By far ]

Skip was Parade all American and their number one player of the year. He was a super basketballers. Not so much when it came to other things! Coach Locke got the Tigers in big trouble with his antics! Can you imagine Tiger basketball if he had landed Moses Malone too?

He later got to coach MM... in the NBA!

Jan 20, 2018, 6:58 PM [ in reply to By far ]

Folkloric .
He is a cultural phenomena, and we as Clemson fans can only hope to be near for our mere minutes with him .

Can't wait til 8 . Your chariot awaits , sir .

DB23

Uhm, I believe so.

Jan 20, 2018, 5:28 PM

Seeing/hearing that Zion is considered the biggest deal out of high school since LeBron James and LeBron went straight to the NBA from high school.

badge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Re: Would Zion be a bigger signing than Milton Jennings?

Jan 20, 2018, 6:55 PM

Did your friend go to Pinewood Prep ?

Asking for a donor friend .

DB23

#TooSoon***

Jan 20, 2018, 6:56 PM

2024 purple level memberbadge-donor-05yr.jpg flag link military_tech thumb_downthumb_up

Replies: 20
| visibility 1
Archives - Tiger Boards Archive
add New Topic